• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lernaean

Banned
BpsUfPDCMAE-6gV.jpg

Most likely a hotel bathroom. Will he be on stage at E3?

Yes.

And AC!D has Solid Snake. I think you meant Portable Ops there.

Yeah, I'm thinking of Portable Ops.

I've played the beginning of MGS3 a couple of times but could never really get in to it. I didn't have a PSP for those games but I have a Vita now so I've been thinking about catching up. Honestly, if there was a decent video that explained the back story of that stuff, I'd rather watch that.

I want to give my life for Big Boss. Why will I never be a Diamond Dog? I hate reality.

Right?! I have wet dreams about CQC training with Big Boss in the rain; swinging a lens-flare blade at him only to be taken down with five others in a consecutive-CQC "six shot!"

I kind of wish we had memory cards and wired controllers just to have moments like these again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azYdJ9dPx5o

This fight blew my mind, especially when he started reading my memory card.

Yeah! I think we may actually get the fight that Kojima has always dreamed of: Decoy Octopus. (Maybe not the specific character, but the style of fight that he wanted us to have with him way back when!) He's always said that technology has prevented him from implementing it into his games, so now, on his own engine, I've got to imagine that it's a possibility!

Palpable

People keep commenting on the shiny knives. Remember; this game will have a lot of lens flare. Even the medics tools at the end of GZ did. All the spotlights and all the reflections, lens flare. KojiPro has mentioned this several times. I think it gives the game a pretty cool look. But that's just me.

mcz117chief

Really good trailer, get's me hyped up for the game a bit more. I just hope the extremely serious tone of these trailers with not clash with the semi-silly gameplay.

Also, Big Boss will have a horn now ? :D

Took me a while to notice the shrapnel just sticking out of his head...creepy.

Also, it looks like BB has a pony tail a few times in that trailer or is that someone else?
I ask because that shot of Metal gear has Skull Face and the pony tail guy walking with each other.

bob page

Urgh, the exaggerated lens flare looks terrible. Also, the game could really use some post processing effects or something; not sure if it's just me, but FOX engine is already starting to look kind of lifeless and bland.

I enjoyed the trailer but definitely remain skeptical after Ground Zeroes.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah! I think we may actually get the fight that Kojima has always dreamed of: Decoy Octopus. (Maybe not the specific character, but the style of fight that he wanted us to have with him way back when!) He's always said that technology has prevented him from implementing it into his games, so now, on his own engine, I've got to imagine that it's a possibility!

Wasn't that already in MGS4 with Laughing Octopus?

drotahorror

I don't mind a serious toned game but the level of violence goes to far and it is influenced by the casual gamers desire for extreme violence and it is a shame. I hope there is an option to tone it down, but it probably won't.

This trailer seemed pretty tame to last years trailer. Ground Zeroes seemed to have very little blood in the gameplay.

Anyways, cool trailer. This game seems to look better with compressed video via youtube than it does on a console for some reason. The compression hides the inadequacies it seems.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Took me a while to notice the shrapnel just sticking out of his head...creepy.

Also, it looks like BB has a pony tail a few times in that trailer or is that someone else?
I ask because that shot of Metal gear has Skull Face and the pony tail guy walking with each other.

Someone hasn't seen the E3 2013 trailer.

mgs_07.jpg

VMAN01

Urgh, the exaggerated lens flare looks terrible. Also, the game could really use some post processing effects or something; not sure if it's just me, but FOX engine is already to look kind of lifeless and bland.

I enjoyed the trailer but definitely remain skeptical after Ground Zeroes.

That lens flare is most likely when they show his name in the game. Ground Zeroes had a lens flare and that same sound effect when a characters title appears.

trikster40

I gotta say, I have loved pretty much anything Kojima has done up to this point, but I think he's finally lost me. He's too self-aware for his own good. And I still can't get used to Jack Bauer's voice as Big Boss...

atr0cious

Huey's model looks fucking good.Trailer didn't have a chance of being better than last years, but it was great in it's own right. Kojima is a god, can't wait for the game.

bob page

That lens flare is most likely when they show his name in the game. Ground Zeroes had a lens flare and that same sound effect when a characters title appears.

I was actually referring to the flare on the knife & in the background during some of the action sequences.

I have no illusions that this game will be what it should be. Meaning, it won't be Kojima exercising restraint and submitting to a badly-needed editor's suggestions.

But it looks pretty damn cool anyway. I thought I was over this series entirely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom