• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.
iodEwqs34rWcu.png

iboMSzoAvCzSE0.png

ilX50TFKENdwV.png

Looks like the dithering might be going away! Slowly but surely. In comparison
iUWpTgMmijLGz.png

And i thought this looked good last year.

BB gut shots 3 soldiers and that one dude just walks on by like nothing happened (before getting head shotted). Very, very silly unless there's something weird going on in that scene.

I'm sure that something weird is going on in that scene. Metal Gear trailers usually end with something that's... context-based? (Don't know what word I'm looking for!) Last year's ended with Snake piloting a smaller, mobile Metal Gear, for example, and we don't know what to make of it. Hope that helps? :-D

Popnbake

Didn't enjoy the trailer as much as the one at the previous e3.

I just remembered that Kojima stated that this trailer was supposed to be "hard to watch." Did anyone else get that feeling at all because there definitely wasn't anything "hard to watch" imo. Not compared to last year's trailer.

There was an extended version of last year's trailer. Perhaps there can be an extended release for this one as well.

hwateber

I don't know, last year' trailers and PS4's versions of Ground Zeroes had satsifiying graphics so far , bu seeing the sneak peak of gameplay by Kojima few days ago and this trailer made think the graphics look no longer impressive. Maybe I spoiled my eyes recently with The Order 1886 and Infamous and waiting to be spoiled more at this E3, maybe that is why!
Well it's a cross gen game, but it looks nice nonetheless. Since this game is open world, if it can retain the performance of GZ I think I'll be pretty impressed

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
BB gut shots 3 soldiers and that one dude just walks on by like nothing happened (before getting head shotted). Very, very silly unless there's something weird going on in that scene.

the big thing about that scene is that it implies that this is first metal gear solid game you cant proceed through without technically killing people.

He probably took a bullet to the gut.

The shock and pain could put you in a disbelief for a bit without realizing the continued additional threat.

Looks like the dithering might be going away! Slowly but surely. In comparison

And i thought this looked good last year.

You're going to have to wait for a higher bitrate trailer. Kojima already posted 4 stills that show the dithering.

the big thing about that scene is that it implies that this is first metal gear solid game you cant proceed through without technically killing people.

After MGS1 you mean.

He probably took a bullet to the gut.

The shock and pain could put you in a disbelief for a bit without realizing the continued additional threat.

I think they're zombified somehow, they just kind of look slumping on him before he shoots them away.

It's hilarious how impressive this game looks in all ways, but the small bits of script we hear voiced (and well-voiced) are the same brand of Kojima's Japanese melodrama that totally lacks self-awareness.

I still REALLY want this game, but you know.

Ishida

Banned
I honestly hope not.

Hayters voice is pretty much wrecked at this point. Just compare his voice acting from a younger Solid Snake in MGS1 to his final performance in Peace Walker.

He's barely able to get the voice out, it's a scrappy mess. Having that voice in a Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven would just be stupid.

You are being ridiculous. Hayter is more than capable of pulling a young Solid Snake voice. You seem to believe Hayter's performance in Peace Walker was because he wanted it that way. Wrong. Voice directors handle that kind of stuff.

Hayter can EASILY voice Solid Snake using his regular, normal voice, and he would sound amazing.

Jindrax

wtffffffffffffffffff?????????

Sup I'm chillin with skullface after he tried to kill me.

Take it back, zeke looks freakishly a lot like Rex

CLBridges

Looks good and I know game-play will be great cause when has it not. I'm probably in the minority with this opinion, but not feeling Keifer Sutherland to much on the voice end. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Angry Fork

As much as I want to get excited for this I can't due to lack of Hayter. Every cut scene I just don't care because it's a completely different character/actor in the main role. And to pick Sutherland of all people who's generic as fuck. So bad.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
As much as I want to get excited for this I can't due to lack of Hayter. Every cut scene I just don't care because it's a completely different character/actor in the main role. And to pick Sutherland of all people who's generic as fuck. So bad.

Pretty much the same. I'll grab it used or when it's on sale.

Yeah, getting shot in the stomach isn't too big of a deal, if it missed your spine, chances are you'll stay up until you bleed out, which can actually take awhile.

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Skullface is now with this Snake (which I can't confirm whther he is Big Boss or not yet) and has lost his left eye?????????????????????????????? WTF is this MGS? Oh Btw, I am now sure that is Skullface (Ex Galvez) is the one who gave the robotic arm to this Snake like the one He has!

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Skullface is now with this Snake (which I can't confirm whther he is Big Boss or not yet) and has lost his left eye?????????????????????????????? WTF is this MGS? Oh Btw, I am now sure that is Skullface (Ex Galvez) is the one who gave the robotic arm to this Snake like the one He has!

It's a mask! His eye is fine... until Big Boss blinds him with a lens-flare blade!

RayMaker

Banned
Unuuuukiaaaaa , im wiiiilldd

its amazing what konami can do with last gen hardware, not that last gen will look like that trailer, but it will be close.

Jindrax

waaaaaaaait a minute... Didn't Kojima say something a long the lines of the trailer being super dark and even harder to watch than the last one?
The last trailer was way worse than this? xD
Maybe (hopefully) we're getting another one at e3 ^^

Of course there is something weird going on.

Haha, yeah.

My guess is it's later in the game in Outer Heaven. You got Skull Face on your side, you got a Metal Gear and you're so far gone you start offing your guys. It's why they're huddled so close to BB, they don't want to hurt him and it's all tragic. That or Skull Face/Cypher turns on you and those guys defect to them.

waaaaaaaait a minute... Didn't Kojima say something a long the lines of the trailer being super dark and even harder to watch than the last one?
The last trailer was way worse than this? xD
Maybe (hopefully) we're getting another one at e3 ^^

There were more scenes of torture and death in this one. I think that's what he meant.

Using REX is pretty cheap. Really dampens its appearance in MGS1.

Just wait for Kojima to retcon Rex in MGS1 with an MGS1 remake! Please be excited.
Maybe it's a prototype...

its amazing what konami can do with last gen hardware, not that last gen will look like that trailer, but it will be close.

If Ground Zeroes is any indication, the last-gen visuals will be fairly close to current-gen. The textures, resolution and frame rate, of course, are more limited on the older hardware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom