• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV:TPP not be playable at TGS, but there will be a stage presentation and video

It's not. This will probably be the last thing I can say about it until the 18th. Please be excite.
8A65czr.gif

Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
I would be ok with seeing Afghanistan again, as long as they are using it for MGO gameplay
jjjj.png

I'm glad it won't be playable. These types of games always end up looking worse when you go to look up a video and you see an incompetent player struggling to grasp anything at all. Having a live, unscripted demo with people who know how to play is a much better situation for Konami.

Wish they(Nintendo/Platinum of course) did this with Wonderful 101.

This is probably true. Can't even count the number of times we've seen complaints that often fall on a crappy player making a game look awful/boring.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm glad it won't be playable. These types of games always end up looking worse when you go to look up a video and you see an incompetent player struggling to grasp anything at all. Having a live, unscripted demo with people who know how to play is a much better situation for Konami.

Wish they(Nintendo/Platinum of course) did this with Wonderful 101.

You know, this isn't a bad idea. I have to say I get a bit de-hype when I see someone playing through a demo poorly online. Maybe would have resulted in a few more W101 sales?

I completely agree.

My perfect TGS 2014 would be something like this:

1). The stage presentation touches on new aspects of the game - starting with a new gameplay demo in Africa in the jungle; showing both weather [rain] and the day/night cycle all whilst in the jungle. New abilities are shown and the possibilities for boss battles in this open world jungle will dance through our overwhelmed little minds.

2). After the hopefully lengthy stage show, Kojima dims the lights to roll the absolute monster-of-a-trailer that will be the end-all be-all MGSV trailer.

3). At the very end of the trailer - the release date. Finally, the release date.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Anyone else teeter on the edge of anger when Kojima trolled everyone yet again at that pre-tgs sony conference? I was starting to shake and shit.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
wait, the game is being released on september 18? is that what you're saying? because that's what i now expect and anything else would disappoint me.

Nah, the release date is coming september 18.

~Kinggi~

Banned
wait, the game is being released on september 18? is that what you're saying? because that's what i now expect and anything else would disappoint me.

It is my lifelong dream to experience another 'ok guys here it is its out now dont all line up at once to blow me!' moment of a high profile game.

But those days are gone as these games are too expensive to rely on sudden releases as many of the sales thrive off of the months of release day hype.

Actually PT was the closest thing we have gotten to that in a long time.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Afghanistan is a big place. I expect you'll become quite bored with this cutscene as you plan your next stage demo.
lol nice

thank god we're getting something fresh this time.

Slowdive

Banned
Not MGSV: The Phantom Pain. I'm as sure as I can be for that, given what we know.

Buckle up for 2016, folks. Late 2015 at the luckiest.

Nah. Early 2015, mid at the latest I reckon. Why do you think 2016? Even in Konami's fiscal call they mentioned early 2015.

Jimmydg

Maybe they show finally a fragment of Africa. But I doubt when I remember all the material showed in MGS4 of Middle East and almost nothing (maybe nothing, I don't know) of another location, in order to keep the surprise.

Maybe they show finally a fragment of Africa. But I doubt when I remember all the material showed in MGS4 of Middle East and almost nothing (maybe nothing, I don't know) of another location, in order to keep the surprise.

That was one of the great things about playing through MGS4 for the first time, wondering what location would be next. Then BAM Shadow Moses. *single tear*

Palpable

Yeah, MGS4 pulled model/location swaps like it was nothing pre-release, iirc.

Slowdive

Banned

They revealed Shadow Moses in a trailer.

That's more likely yes, but a late 2014 is still a possibility.

I'd love to believe you, but I just don't see the room to advertise on the scale I think they'd like to. I could really do with it in 2014 though, no other games releasing this year have my attention as much as MGSV, and very few releasing next year do either.

Jimmydg

Who would have thought we would play in Europe in a Metal Gear game? And of course, not to mentioned Shadow Moses.

They revealed Shadow Moses in a trailer.

Luckily I did not see anything of that. But there was the option that could have been a multiplayer map.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Yeah, MGS4 pulled model/location swaps like it was nothing pre-release, iirc.
Really? That sounds more like MGS2 trickery to me.

The trailers for MGS4 left little to the imagination. Way too many straightforward reveals, like the
Shadow Moses Metal Gear fight
. I still think they showed too much. Same thing happened with Ground Zeroes :/

Thankfully, TPP stuff they've shown still seems pretty vague to me so far.

doofy102

Everything they've showed so far on TPP has been basically from the beginning of the game, minus one little scene >_>

PerZona

Ugh I'm going to TGS this year and I'm expecting that there's a playable demo :(

Hopefully there's some MGO announcement or something...gosh I really miss the *DING* sound in MGO when I got a headshot on someone. Looks like I'll try to grab some PP goodies instead =/

~Kinggi~

Banned
Everything they've showed so far on TPP has been basically from the beginning of the game, minus one little scene >_>

If i didnt already know how Kojima is a radical excess-enthusiast i would be concerned about how much content was in the game.

doofy102

Kojima has giving no fucks given lately so I'm expecting something nuts like Big Boss's dog as a playable character, or at least you can order the dog to attack guards and poop.

Top Bottom