• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Age of Empires Gamescom Presentation (maybe AoE4) [Over]

Syf

Banned
"What is your favorite AoE game?"

"It's AoE2 because of its setting and customization"

"Surprise AoE4 is none of this!"
My biggest fear here is they announce 4 but it's got huge changes to make it console friendly for an Xbox release.

So it's a remaster of the first game?

I've already got Age of Empires 2 HD and 3 on Steam and haven't got around to playing those ones yet, lol. Doubt I'll pick this up unless it's like $10 (or $5 on sale).

Mrbob

Free 1080 is pretty bad ass.

My biggest fear here is they announce 4 but it's got huge changes to make it console friendly for an Xbox release.

Yeah I'm bracing myself for impact. Hoping for the best though.

I've already got Age of Empires 2 HD and 3 on Steam and haven't got around to playing those ones yet, lol. Doubt I'll pick this up unless it's like $10 (or $5 on sale).

I do question why remaster the first game when AoE2 is by far the best in the franchise.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yes let's get Phil Spencer to talk about the history of Ensemble and AOE because he had literally nothing to do with it.

Vinc

lol @ chat

wngrmvg.png

Hektor

It's a remake actually, with completely new sprites and all that.
Still, it's AoE1, kinda pointless when there's AoE2 HD and AoM HD

lol is AoE V a Halo Wars reskin?

Halo Wars wasn't a thing back then.

Tizoc

As appreciative I am of their history and how Age of Empires came about.
SHOW ME THE GAMES DANGIT!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Free 1080 is pretty bad ass.

Yeah I'm bracing myself for impact. Hoping for the best though.

I do question why remaster the first game when AoE2 is by far the best in the franchise.
20th Anniversary

SOR5

Microsoft parading around Ensemble like this is very brave and makes me think they're up to something

I loved III so much.

I remember that I upgraded my PC after I got the game, and when I put those settings at max (or near) and saw the falling stones from walls killing enemy troops... It was phenomenal. It still is the biggest "woah" moment for me. And I am not even sure if it really happened. It was just so good looking game.

AoM is the most fun I've ever had in a RTS game. It was so awesome!

Oh God, I am legit tearing up a little. So much good memories.

I actually miss AoE Online.

It didn't feel like an exploitative F2P game, it played great, I liked the look of it, and I liked the mission structure it had. Shame they killed it off, I'd have paid for a version if they'd made a non-F2P version of it. :(
It's a remake actually, with completely new sprites and all that.
Still, it's AoE1, kinda pointless when there's AoE2 HD and AoM HD
I'm guessing it will be cheap, probably trying to go for that Starcraft 1 remaster money.

Top Bottom