• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Age of Empires Gamescom Presentation (maybe AoE4) [Over]

Hektor

I'm guessing it will be cheap, probably trying to go for that Starcraft 1 remaster money.

For being AoE1 the remake seems to be comparably high effort imho

age-of-empires-1-hd.gif

Sure, it's nothing mindblowing, but they coulda been cheaper

Altazor

AoE 1 literally changed my life. It made me discover I loved ancient history, and made me realize I was a humanities guy. For that alone it has a very special place in my heart.

Nialrot

Sigh...

Absolutely great documentary leads into a bunch lame hosts wearing plastic props.

I am excited to get back into AoE.

Tagyhag

Agreed, they could have just not redone the sprites or something.

Man...StarCraft Remastered, AOE Remastered, potentially AOE 4...

Not a bad time to be an RTS fan.

age-of-empires-1-hd.gif

I actually meant cheap as in affordable, I was fully expecting it to be a decent effort on their part.

I just watched the GB Quicklook for the Starcraft 1 remaster and that's definitely high quality too, even for only being $15.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Just give me Age of Empires IV developed by Forgotten Empires or Creative Assembly!

Starfield

Aaron Greenberg. what a prick lol

they wanted to get the girl with the helmet on camera for wearing it and he steps in tnto the picture.

Zedark

AoE 1 literally changed my life. It made me discover I loved ancient history, and made me realize I was a humanities guy. For that alone it has a very special place in my heart.
Same story for me with Age of Mythology! I just finished a degree in Classics, which all started with this game.

Hektor

€: NVM :(

I actually meant cheap as in affordable, I was fully expecting it to be a decent effort on their part.

I just watched the GB Quicklook for the Starcraft 1 remaster and that's definitely high quality too, even for only being $15.

Yea, i think they said 20$ during E3

_Aaron_

"There's not many game franchises that have lasted this long"

Well you did your best to try and kill it off by closing Ensemble, releasing AoE Online and AoE: Castle Siege.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
so when they say more info on AOE remaster they mean people just chatting about nonsense for 30 mins.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
As much as I love AOE (my first RTS game) I would love to see an Empire Earth remake.
Now that's a game I still play with my roommate so I would love that but who owns the rights to that IP at the moment?

Zedox

So MS has to be making AoE4...and announcing KB/M for XBO for crossplay. That would be the only thing that would be worthy of 20th year anniversary imo.

Top Bottom