• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Trademark And Rumor Round-Up [Up8: Xbox Live Diamond, Kinect Disneyland]

Status
Not open for further replies.

V_Ben

Banned
Graphics Horse said:
I might have missed this but the domain xboxfusion.com redirects to bing.

Hmm. We have Fusion Genesis, Fusion Sentient, and Fusion Vault, so maybe it's a collection of different games or apps. No idea.

wwm0nkey said:
You know, I could see a new xbox 360 model that plays games at 1080p, 60FPS and in 3D. I would buy it too.

Halo: Reach in 1080p, 60 FPS and in 3D would be amazing

It wont happen :(

You never know, there could be a PC version :/

TheOddOne

Gary Whitta said:
XBOX LIVE PLATINUM confirmed

Here's something I could actually get behind - shift Gold down to Silver so everyone gets all the current Gold-level service for free, and then a new level of Gold that would offer the cloud stuff and whatever additional benefits for a fee. All existing Gold members get automatically upgraded. So the new system would be more in line with the current PSN proposition.

Will never happen though, MS makes way too much money from Gold the way it's already set up.
So PSN+?

Syphon Filter said:
Eww looks terrible,if that is real this is sad. Remember when they had games back in 2007...

Because Gears 3, Forza 4, Halo 1 Remake, Alan Wake 2, 343-Halo and an internally developed FPS and a ton of third party stuff is not games.

TheOddOne

Gary Whitta said:
Yeah basically, that's what I mean about it being more in line with PSN. Basic online multiplay features for free, enhanced stuff for a fee.
Its nice to want things though, doubt it will happen.

:(

V_Ben said:
Hmm. We have Fusion Genesis, Fusion Sentient, and Fusion Vault, so maybe it's a collection of different games or apps. No idea.
The Fusion trademarks are particularly interesting. In my dream scenario Fusion would be a nunchuk-like controller to fuse (see what I did there) Kinect and controller in a way that is more wieldy for hybrid games. But then why 3 names? XboxFusion.com kinda implies one brand name, with the subtitles indicating... something (like Gold and Silver subtitles for Xbox Live, but for a different service?). Or they could simply be 3 games. Which is almost just as bizarre.

V_Ben

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Yeah basically, that's what I mean about it being more in line with PSN. Basic online multiplay features for free, enhanced stuff for a fee.

I don't think you'll ever see multiplayer for free on xbox. The existing base pays for it, so why make something that people are willing to pay for suddenly free? :)

InaudibleWhispa said:
The Fusion trademarks are particularly interesting. In my dream scenario Fusion would be a nunchuk-like controller to fuse (see what I did there) Kinect and controller in a way that is more wieldy for hybrid games. But then why 3 names? XboxFusion.com kinda implies one brand name, with the subtitles indicating... something (like Gold and Silver subtitles for Xbox Live, but for a different service?). Or they could simply be 3 games. Which is almost just as bizarre.

Fusion sounds like some kind of cross platform thing, but the actual names sound more like actual games or applications. Vault? Sentient? Genesis? Sounds like a downloadable game trilogy or something...

clav

InaudibleWhispa said:
Would fusion be relevant to the cloud? Finally Xbox 360 Live Arcade games, Windows Phone 7, and Windows 7 PC sync?

Pause the game and resume later. I'm sure MS showcased before, and we've been waiting a long time for that.

I bet there's going to be some presentation regarding Angry Birds and Doodle Jump as these games are arriving for WP7 and the 360 (at least Doodle Jump Kinect). Some person will showcase something along the lines:

---------

Here I am playing Angry Birds on my 360. Now if I pause the game and turn off the Xbox, I can go to my Windows Phone and resume the play from there.

*audience clap*

When I'm at my computer at work and want to take a break, I can launch the same game from my Windows 7 PC.

*clap*

So finally, when I return home from work, I can continue this game on my home entertainment system wtih my Xbox 360. Back to where I started.

Xbox 360, Windows Phone 7, and Windows 7. Perfect harmony and integration at last.

*clap*

Thank you.

--------

Something like that.

Shurs

Gary Whitta said:

It'll never happen.

Vinterbird said:
Because Gears 3, Forza 4, Halo 1 Remake, Alan Wake 2, 343-Halo and an internally developed FPS and a ton of third party stuff is not games.

halo 1 remake doesn't count,it's a 10 year old game. Alan wake 2 is not what is rumored,it's an xbla game. 343 halo is not rumored either. In E3 2006 they had tons of games to show. Also third part is on multiple platforms,i mean exclusives.

Syphon Filter said:
halo 1 remake doesn't count,it's a 10 year old game. Alan wake 2 is not what is rumored,it's an xbla game. 343 halo is not rumored either. In E3 2006 they had tons of games to show. Also third part is on multiple platforms,i mean exclusives.

Alan Wake Night Springs is something different, but Remedy is also working on Wake 2. Edge saw their new motion capture technology last month, and said it surpasses L.A. Noire, so it wil be something really interesting to watch.

343-Halo is coming, this year or the next. So there's that to look forward to no matter what.

2006 had what gams in the exclusive department? And how many compared to the rumored list (which seems insanely big when looking at it, and it's far far to early to judge it as 'meh, Kinect - it will suck' until we actually see the games).

Linkified

Syphon Filter said:

Ya know they are called rumours for a reason.

Shurs

Vinterbird said:
Alan Wake Night Springs is something different, but Remedy is also working on Wake 2. Edge saw their new motion capture technology last month, and said it surpasses L.A. Noire, so it wil be something really interesting to watch.

Edge said this, or someone from Remedy said this?

claviertekky said:
Something like that.
That sounds pretty feasible. I know Silverlight was rumoured to be coming to the 360, with the overall goal being a silverlight/XNA app store shared between phone, console, PC and (eventually) Tablet (Windows 8?). Developers could very easily scale games/apps to all devices, and 1 purchase works on all.

I am basing my thought on that list. I do hope it's wrong. And for 2006 you had Halo 3,Mass Effect[at the time it was 360 only],Bioshock[same],Crackdown,PGR 4,Fable 3,Forza 2,etc

clav

InaudibleWhispa said:
That sounds pretty feasible. I know Silverlight was rumoured to be coming to the 360, with the overall goal being a silverlight/XNA app store shared between phone, console, PC and (eventually) Tablet (Windows 8?). Developers could very easily scale games/apps to all devices, and 1 purchase works on all.
Yeah, in essence, MS wants to expand the developer incentive to write more C# programs. If a developer can easily push multiple platforms from one source code with minor coding header additions for cross-platform, that will bring more indie/small developers to the scene.

Apple has done that well with iOS, and Microsoft is following that model.

I feel a lot of the Indie games from XBLA can be easily ported over to the phone. They're not really graphically demanding or CPU-intensive.

Linkified

Syphon Filter said:
I am basing my thought on that list. I do hope it's wrong. And for 2006 you had Halo 3,Mass Effect[at the time it was 360 only],Bioshock[same],Crackdown,PGR 4,Fable 3,Forza 2,etc

You mean 2 right.

Syphon Filter said:

And this year you have Gears 3, XCOM, Forza 4, probably something from Lionhead announced, perhaps the internally developed FPS from Vancouver and a shit ton of other games that could be pretty cool, but we don't know until we see them.

Judging their E3 conference before it has been held is pretty crazy, since we didn't know about some of those games beforehand either.

Shurs said:
Right, not exactly the same thing as: "Edge saw their new motion capture technology last month, and said it surpasses L.A. Noire..."

True. Mis-remembered it. I was pretty sure they had their own personal statement in there about the tech, but I was wrong.

KAL2006

Banned
Syphon Filter said:

I agree with all of this
Halo Remake doesn't excite me
Alan Wake XBLA is not as big as Alan Wake 2
Forza and any other driving simulator games bore me
I hate everything about Kinect and I doubt I have the room space for it anyway
Maybe we get a game from Lionhead studios, but I honestly never liked their games before
So the only big game would be Halo 343, but I doubt that would get announced when they announce Halo Remake

derFeef

KAL2006 said:
I agree with all of this
Maybe we get a game from Lionhead studios, but I honestly never liked their games before
So the only big game would be Halo 343, but I doubt that would get announced when they announce Halo Remake
Why would a Halo remake excite you, if you don't have an xbox?

KAL2006

Banned
derFeef said:
Why would a Halo remake excite you, if you don't have an xbox?

I said it doesn't excite me, and yes I don't own an Xbox but I can borrow an Xbox when ever I want and for how long I want. I usually borrow an Xbox to play all the exclusives, for example I will be playing Gears of War 3 which I am excited about.

szaromir

Banned
Syphon Filter said:
Well, we know MS will continue with Halo, Fable, Forza, Alan Wake, Crackdown and if Epic wants to with Gears of War series. So those are going to be their main "core" franchises plus probably they will try with a few new Kinect games aimed at the enthusiast gamer. If you aren't totally prejudiced against Kinect, I don't think their future lineup will be as thin as people make it out to be. And they publish a ton of XBLA stuff (just announced Crimson Alliance)

Shurs

szaromir said:
Well, we know MS will continue with Halo, Fable, Forza, Alan Wake, Crackdown and if Epic wants to with Gears of War series. So those are going to be their main "core" franchises plus probably they will try with a few new Kinect games aimed at the enthusiast gamer. If you aren't totally prejudiced against Kinect, I don't think their future lineup will be as thin as people make it out to be. And they publish a ton of XBLA stuff (just announced Crimson Alliance)

Are we sure about Crackdown?

I want it to be true.

Hey You

Gary Whitta said:
XBOX LIVE PLATINUM confirmed

Here's something I could actually get behind - shift Gold down to Silver so everyone gets all the current Gold-level service for free, and then a new level of Gold that would offer the cloud stuff and whatever additional benefits for a fee. All existing Gold members get automatically upgraded. So the new system would be more in line with the current PSN proposition.

Will never happen though, MS makes way too much money from Gold the way it's already set up.
Or offer Multiplayer Gaming at the Gold Level. That's it.

Everyone else at a higher subscription level.

Hope it doesn't go down that road. Just add everything you can Microsoft and don't raise prices.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Gary Whitta said:
Online multiplayer is the hook.

Everything else is fluff.

KAL2006

Banned
Shurs said:

I want it to be true.

I forgot about that, actually Ruffian is developing 2 games and one of them is rumored to be Crackdown 3. If Crackdown 3 does get revealed, I hope it is a drastic improvement to Crackdown 2, as Crackdown 2 didn't seem like it improved much on the original. Just look at inFamous 2, that is how you make a sequel.

So has everyone come to the conclusion that Microsoft will be charging full price for the Halo remake?
I for one think that would be preposterous if they did that. Especially if there is no new content and it just has better graphics with achievements.

szaromir said:

Thin... This has to be their biggest and most diverse line-up since X06, and there are probably things we still don't know about. Frankly, I'm pleasantly surprised by how many things - games, applications, services... - they seem to be working on at the moment, and that's without even getting into their next generation plans.

I rather have a new halo instead of a remake but i think there shouldn't be any more this gen. I like when Halo was special last gen,it rarely came out and released within 3 years.

V_Ben

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
So has everyone come to the conclusion that Microsoft will be charging full price for the Halo remake?
I for one think that would be preposterous if they did that. Especially if there is no new content and it just has better graphics with achievements.

It's bound to be full price.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
pharmboy044 said:

It's highly unlikely that there wouldn't be new content; there'd be online multiplayer at least.

szaromir

Banned
Shurs said:

I want it to be true.
Nothing conclusive, but all the Ruffian statements and job postings etc. seem to point at it.

I rather have a new halo instead of a remake but i think there shouldn't be any more this gen. I like when Halo was special last gen,it rarely came out and released within 3 years.
Xbox lasted only 4 years, though.

pharmboy044 said:

Was Resident Evil remake a full-priced game? How about Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes? All those Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games? We don't know what kind of remake we're talking about - hell, we don't even know it it's real.

TheOddOne

KAL2006 said:
I agree with all of this
Sorry, but this is such a ignorant stance to take. You seem to have preconceived notions, it doesn't matter if MS comes with a billion other IP's you'll prolly make up some other reason not to play them. At times you sound like the Hiphopgamer, trying to stir everything in the other direction.

pharmboy044 said:
Rumour has it it has been built from the ground up in a new engine. If that is the case, it will be full price.

szaromir

Banned
TheOddOne said:
Sorry, but this is such a ignorant stance to take. You seem to have preconceived notions, it doesn't matter if MS comes with a billion other IP's you'll prolly make up some other reason not to play them.
They wouldn't bother making XBLA spin-off if they weren't developing AW2 as well.

clav

InaudibleWhispa said:
Rumour has it it has been built from the ground up in a new engine. If that is the case, it will be full price.
Could be a ODST.

Make a game with the previous engine (Halo:Reach) and make a separate disk for recently released MP maps (Disk 2).

Hey You

I hope Microsoft isn't wasting resources or money on a CE remake. Focus on the next Big Halo that will make more money than a remake.

Shurs

TheOddOne said:
Sorry, but this is such a ignorant stance to take.

I think it's a reasonable assumption to make, and I hope it's true.

Though Alan Wake didn't connect with me, I'd love to see a Case Zero-style 400 to 800 point per episode model employed for the next phase of Alan Wake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom