• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft hiring producer for "new project line in the Halo universe"

Filaipus

Banned
Hell, their universe is so vast they can do almost anything.

I would love a Halo Wars 2 or a spinoff like ODST. I don't think that karts would be a thing acording to the Phil Spencer Tweets.

iso135

Halo Effect that people are mentioning would have me most excited.

But there are definitely a lot of awesome ideas here.

If such a game as Halo Effect happened, it might overshadow the mainline games. An RPG of that scale would most likely be epic. Not against it happening, but I think any game off the mainline series would have to be less grand in scale.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're closely watching Destiny and thinking of making their own lite-MMO.

I wouldn't want this, and I hope that's not the direction they go. Destiny looks like it'll be a solid game, but there's only so much of that kind of game (mmo-lite structure) that I see myself being open to. To make a new line of Halo game in that structure would be a massive missed opportunity, I feel.

I want it to be a more straightforward singleplayer story that follows a clear script, that has a proper main character with a pre-defined identity of some sort, and also has full blown story cutscenes with key characters of significance that play meaningful roles in the story. Destiny is a very different style of game. I know it has story elements, but it's just not structured the way I would want from a major new game in the Halo Universe.

I'd prefer something more along the lines of Mass Effect, Uncharted, Tomb Raider, Star Wars 1313. Any of those possible blueprints are what I'd like to see for a new project line in the Halo universe.

If such a game as Halo Effect happened, it might overshadow the mainline games. An RPG of that scale would most likely be epic. Not against it happening, but I think any game off the mainline series would have to be less grand in scale.

This is precisely what I'd like to see. It wouldn't decrease the importance of the mainline Halo titles for me, but go big or go home is how I think they should be approaching this new project line. It should be such a major project that it deserves the right to stand next to the mainline Halo games. So good in fact that it should realistically get diehard Halo fans to take sides as to which they prefer more. Some may think that presents a risk to mainline Halo, but it would instead actually be to the greater benefit of the Halo universe/franchise as a whole.

I wonder if a Mass Effectish Halo RPG would be possible. I'm not too knowledgeable about Halo Lore, but perhaps it could place a few years before the main series (or after?). That would be awesome, but it'd be a completely different type of game. I don't know, I think Halo lore is pretty awesome so an RPG would be great.

They should hire me i would make the game PS4 exlusive. Larger fanbase means more sold copies, someone should tell that dude with the tshirts.

Monocle

A likely story! Clearly Franklez just wants someone who can grab his coffee and swat away the little people.

But srsly, hype. I hope this leads to something that's true to Halo and not some half baked attempt to woo the Collar Doody audience. I love this franchise but Halo 4 burned me more than slightly.

I'd like to see a deep turn-based strategy game like Xcom set in the HALO universe.
I don't see turn based happening in the Halo universe. Halo is about keeping the action. Even Halo Wars is intense and fast moving.

ODST shouldn't be thrown in with those games. I wish it were included with the MC Collection where it belongs.
Master Chief Collection. Wouldn't make sense to include ODST or even Reach in there.

Save those games for a different collection.

Interesting!!
Would be cool if they split 343 into two teams like Naughty dog where each team works on 4 year Dev. cycles so that they alternate to release a new halo game every 2 years.

DEADEVIL

Halo Kart Racing
yes-awesome-oldschool.gif

Halo Karting? How a about Halo Smash Brothers? Nah, I think we've all been there done that.

LBP_Karting_Cover.jpg

playstation_all_stars_battle_royale_roster_3_by_pacduck-d5l6m8o.jpg

Although, I will always say playing in the Master Chief in Fable 2 was a classic and a Halo RPG ala Mass Effect or KOTOR would be amazing.

fable2mcredone.jpg

I like Jeff Gerstmann's idea of water tubing down a Halo.

A Mass Effect style game would be awesome too. The opening scene of Spartan Ops where the team is approaching the Infinity reminded me of the scene in ME1 where you first go to the Citadel.

Monocle

ODST is missing the most vital reason to be in the collection:

Master Chief
For me, it's much more important that ODST's tone fits Bungie's original trilogy and that the game is directly connected to Halo 3 by location and gameplay mechanics.

BouncyFrag

Halo Kart. Someone photoshop MC's helmet onto the Luigi death stare gif. I would gladly subject my body to the wheel of pain for several harvests for this.
conan-wheel-of-pain-o.gif

Caayn

I'm all for new games(ODST style or an Adventure could work well, I have my doubts about an RPG) within the Halo universe. However, as much as I love Halo I don't know how to feel
, I'm leaning towards a negative feeling,
about MS squeezing out a new Halo title as fast as they can.

- Ensure the game hits the quality expected of a title within the Halo Franchise.
Then why was Halo 4 ever released?

Halo Wars 2 or Halo RPG please? If only you can get the people from Ensemble back.

Would love to see an RPG in the Halo Universe.

Eh, technically ODST is an appendage to Halo 3, so it's sort of justifiable.
Mainly due to the time frame the game took place in. But it's called the Master Chief Collection for a reason and it's understandable why they'd exclude it. Plus, I imagine the whole thing probably took up most of the disc space.

I would be up for a spin off collection, although.

Banned
A third person halo shooter would be cool, so I can see that awesome spartan armor at all times. Doesn't have to be Master Chief either.

Top Bottom