• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is confirmed for TGS

they'd be better off using the money they're spending on this to buy GAFfers Xbox Ones. If I got one for free I'd actually use it to buy exclusives. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

statham

Trickster

TGS might take place in japan, but it's still a global game show, not just japanese press there. So it makes sense to have a presence, especially since sony will obviously be there.

Xbone in japan is already done.
Used games are important, Xbox will not have one year of advantage and will cost more than ps4, kinect already bombed in japan, ps4 has already the multiplatform version of mainline FF, KH3 and MGS5.
360 failed with Lost Odyssey, Bleu Dragon, Ridge Racer, Chromehounds, Enchant Arms, Ace Combat, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Universe, Eternal Sonata, Star Ocean, The Last Remnant.
And probably they can't have a better line up this time.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
People actually think MS will fund another major project for Japan when they aren't even planning on launching there with the other major territories? That LO2 will happen when it hasn't already, and they have S-E and FFXV in their pocket now?

ZenTzen

why bother japan doesnt even care about anything MS, they tried so much with the 360 and that system never took off, now with a system like the Xbone and its issues, its like asking and paying the japanese to not buy it, just look at jp rankings of the e3 conference, its pathetic

My only worry is them moneyhatting RPG's away from PS4.

Another Vesperia situation like a previous poster mentioned would really suck. Would rather have all the JRPG's on PS4 lest we have another situation where MS steals away some as exclusives and dev's just jump ship to the Sony console later on kind of screwing over early adopters of the MS console who bought it just for those RPG's.

why bother japan doesnt even care about anything MS, they tried so much with the 360 and that system never took off, now with a system like the Xbone and its issues, its like asking and paying the japanese to not buy it, just look at jp rankings of the e3 conference, its pathetic

Can you post a link? I'm interested.

Samyy

You would think that devs would be smart enough not to launch exclusive JRPGs in Japan again, I suppose if they get moneyhatted enough it wont matter.

I am also interested in seeing jp rankings for their E3 conference.

MCD

My only worry is them moneyhatting RPG's away from PS4.

Another Vesperia situation like a previous poster mentioned would really suck. Would rather have all the JRPG's on PS4 lest we have another situation where MS steals away some as exclusives and dev's just jump ship to the Sony console later on kind of screwing over early adopters of the MS console who bought it just for those RPG's.

So you don't want the console to have RPGs because you want them all on your system of choice?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
That just made me think, no Dead Rising 3 for Japan?

HeelPower

Wait Xbone won't release asia in 2014 ? or did you mean until 2014 ?? Are they actually planning a 2015 release or something ? Very odd.That's basically handing over the market to the already dominant PS brand.(In asia as far as I know)

Delstius

I honestly hope for them they'll have some brillant marketing project by the time or they'll just deliver a MS mix-version of "Please understand" and "Please be excited".

This will be fun.

So you don't want the console to have RPGs because you want them all on your system of choice?

I want the games that I and many others like to be available on the product that is more affordable, consumer friendly and that already has a large following for on preceding systems.

I don't want to see a situation where people are buying an expensive console purely because MS passed the developers of the games they like some cash when it otherwise would have been for PS4 or multiplatform.

In other words creating a situation where consumers need to buy multiple consoles for certain games they want when otherwise they would have only had to purchase one.

Vamphuntr

I wish they would make another Blue Dragon game. Won't happen probably :( Aeana would be hinting a it if it was the case I would think.

D4 is MS Osaka game or is that made by another studio? They will probably have some small niche exclusives like they had with Cave on 360.

They are going to announce their launch plans for Japan there too. So far they don't have much to show that would interest Japanese gamers so hopefully they have some kind of reveal.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I want the games that I and many others like to be available on the product that is more affordable, consumer friendly and that already has a large following for on preceding systems.

I don't want to see a situation where people are buying an expensive console purely because MS passed the developers of the games they like some cash when it otherwise would have been for PS4 or multiplatform.

In other words creating a situation where consumers need to buy multiple consoles for certain games they want when otherwise they would have only had to purchase one.

It's nice to want things.

Top Bottom