• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft is confirmed for TGS

My only worry is them moneyhatting RPG's away from PS4.

Another Vesperia situation like a previous poster mentioned would really suck. Would rather have all the JRPG's on PS4 lest we have another situation where MS steals away some as exclusives and dev's just jump ship to the Sony console later on kind of screwing over early adopters of the MS console who bought it just for those RPG's.

I really wouldn't worry. The Xbone is going to make the 360's Japanese sales look enormous and the install base means far more to publishers than any moneyhat. The Xbone will get a handful of ports for JRPGs targeted at a western audience (like FFXV and KH3) and that's about it.

Biker19

Banned
I'm pretty sure Capcom and Square-Enix would prefer to promote their games on the platform that will actually make them money in their own country.

FFXV and KH3 will probably not even be released for Xbone in Japan.

This. Chances are, the Xbone version of XV won't even start development until after the PS4 version is finished and released in Japan.

Also agree. Even if games like FFXV & KH 3 come out on Microsoft's next console, most Japanese 3rd party publishers are going to make PS4 versions the lead platform while porting them to XBO, just like with FFXIII & FFXIII-2 on PS3.

Kyon

Banned
they were invited?

cause damn with the used game thing might as well not even bother. If they moneyhat FFXV, KHIII stuff etc literally no one will care about Xbone version or will buy the Xbone version in japan so that'd be a waste of money

Nutter

Are the sales that get "tracked" in Japan (famitsu) including used game sales?

If not, then why does it matter if Japan is a heavy supporter of used games? Used games or not games should always target to sell "new" copies.

I want the games that I and many others like to be available on the product that is more affordable, consumer friendly and that already has a large following for on preceding systems.

I don't want to see a situation where people are buying an expensive console purely because MS passed the developers of the games they like some cash when it otherwise would have been for PS4 or multiplatform.

In other words creating a situation where consumers need to buy multiple consoles for certain games they want when otherwise they would have only had to purchase one.
that'd why you just shouldn't buy a console for one or two games.

If not, then why does it matter if Japan is a heavy supporter of used games? Used games or not games should always target to sell "new" copies.

lol what? The point is that Japanese consumers rely heavily on used games, so taking that away from them is going to drive them away en masse. No-one's going to make games for a system that no-one has.

Biker19

Banned

Japan isn't North America.

shaowebb

Please--PLEASE--don't pay for some exclusive I want. It isn't going to be enough for me to buy an Xbone, but it may make it sting a little.

I don't think there is a single thing possible microsoft can do to make the xbone successful in japan. That big ass box with that big ass price wasn't made for that land.

Again Microsoft Japan is not part of Microsoft Asia ,it's from official source they're trying release Japan version this year

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/series/avt/20130614_603667.html

Edit

Phil Spencer already confirmed they'll be at TGS in that gamespot interview

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/microsoft-responds-to-xbox-one-backlash-this-isnt-a-sprint-6409849/

And apparently MS execs told gamewatch reporter that XBO is coming later this year in Japan, just not in Novemeber ...so December?

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/series/avt/20130614_603667.html

Also japanese Forza 5 page is up. http://forzamotorsport.net/ja-JP/FM5/Default.aspx

Beaten hard,but seems not one care your reply...

They will show Microsoft Studios Osaka's game for sure.

Japan doesn't have Netflix or the like, so I expect Microsoft will attempt to get deal with Tsutaya. If they succeed I think it'll make a significant impact, but we'll see.

Lost Odyssey 2 I've seen rumoured quite a bit on here and 2ch. Maybe that MS Osaka's game?

They'll moneyhat exclusive games almost certainly, but without a deeper strategy on services and more flexible policy on used games then it seem futile.

Oh well, Phantom Dust 2 pls.

Man they better not moneyhat jrpgs like they did with the 360. No one bought that shit, and the companies in some cases had to rerelease it on ps3. I'm looking at you Namco.

With the Xbone's used game policies its going to be catastrophic flop.

Yoda

Honestly their attention would be better spent focusing on correcting their never ending PR nightmare. Promoting in Japan is a lost cause for Microsoft. They are already launching late in Asia and will in all likelihood have an inferior game library in comparison to Sony or Nintendo in terms of games which appeal to eastern audiences. Honestly do they need another event to embarrass themselves at?

DEADEVIL

Lost Odyssey 2 please.

Bingo! LO2 would be a great start.

But they would have to come EXTREMELY hard to walk into TGS and be effective.

As a minimum, They would have to ensure Final Fantasy was going to launch for the XBox One the same time as the PS4 in Japan.

If I was them I'd get Fumito Uedo to make a spiritual successor to Shadow and Collossus for Xbox One.

Then I'd get From Software to remake King's Field. (the announcement would make me cry).

Then after Crimson Dragon, announce a Panzer Dragoon Saga/Orta title

Either way, for MS to even have a small shot in Japan they would have to ensure a significant number of localized titles made it onto the console that didn't make the 360.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I expect this:

Virgil.jpg

Lost Odyssey 2 would be amazing but I just don't see Mistwalker doing "bigger" games again.

Microsoft own IP, they can have anyone make.

Funny, because they aren't releasing in Japan yet...

Funny because they are releasing in Japan in 2013.

Bingo! LO2 would be a great start.

But they would have to come EXTREMELY hard to walk into TGS and be effective.

As a minimum, They would have to ensure Final Fantasy was going to launch for the XBox One the same time as the PS4 in Japan.

If I was them I'd get Fumito Uedo to make a spiritual successor to Shadow and Collossus for Xbox One.

Then I'd get From Software to remake King's Field. (the announcement would make me cry).

Then after Crimson Dragon, announce a Panzer Dragoon Saga/Orta title

Either way, for MS to even have a small shot in Japan they would have to ensure a significant number of localized titles made it onto the console that didn't make the 360.

Already confirmed FFXV will release day and date for Xbox as PS4 in Japan.

They set up new studio in Osaka for Japanese content so they will show the game they've been working on for sure. I'd imagine swery's D4 and Crimson Dragon will be there.

Also panic mode Microsoft will throw money at exclusives so thanks to everyone for keeping pressure up.

They WILL be DOA outside a change of policies but I think they can make deal with Tsutaya which would be a game changer.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They have no chance at doing anything in japan, but my god i would love a lost odyssey 2.

That I would be able to run on Windows 7 with the proper environment.
That, and Brue Burraggon.

Since even Sony is pondering delaying the PS4's release in Japan until 2014, MS figured that might show up.

In any case, this will be my first TGS, I am super excited :D

DEADEVIL

Microsoft own IP, they can have anyone make.

Funny because they are releasing in Japan in 2013.

Already confirmed FFXV will release day and date for Xbox as PS4 in Japan.
They set up new studio in Osaka for Japanese content so they will show the game they've been working on for sure. I'd imagine swery's D4 and Crimson Dragon will be there.

Also panic mode Microsoft will throw money at exclusives so thanks to everyone for keeping pressure up.

They WILL be DOA outside a change of policies but I think they can make deal with Tsutaya which would be a game changer.

Cool. didn't know they confirmed it. That was a huge blow to the 360 in Japan IMO.

Jeb

*Movie guy voice*

"Final Fantasy meets with Disney.... gets in bed with Hatsune Miku, gets accuainted with Monster Hunter in: Persona 5

Only on Xbox"

SgtCobra

Some people are being way to positive about this and are setting themselves up for disappointment.
I can't see MS doing more effort in Japan to grow the Xbox brand than last gen, I found their support last gen phenomenal (for their standards regarding Japan) and Japan just didn't care.
The brand won't grow, with their policies (that they SURELY won't change, because the other markets would feel left out) the One is DOA, but MS still wants to make some money and have a presence over there which is completely understandable.

GorillaJu

I will be furious if Microsoft has money hatted some Japanese devs. They ruined the first half of last gen for me by making X360 region locked, then money hatting all the JRPG projects.

Top Bottom