• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft on hardcore gamers: "Sweaty 30 Year Olds In Metallica T-shirts"

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Didn't I just freaking say that I didn't want to read anymore posts about how old everyone is and what kinds of shirts they wear?
Suddenly it's a time-warp and I'm in some cruddy AOL chatroom.

Holy shit, yeah... ugh... but yeah. How old are you and what are you wearing right now?

not really interested but for creepyGAF this should be a thrill

Rez said:
I'm just happy I got into PC gaming when I did. Valve, Steam, the indies, 'middle-tier' kooky foreign games, better versions of console games and a keyboard and mouse, all motion control free.

I'm slowly starting to understand the folk who only really play handheld games or mainly PC games. Before this generation I was strictly console only, but my ass is sore and I'm looking for a gentler lover.

Motion Controls are in no way a bad thing. When done right they can range from being a highly enjoyable and comfortable alternative control scheme (ala Super Mario Galaxy), that and add some cool easter eggs due to it's technology (ala No More Heroes), add a new level of immersion and fun (ala Metroid Prime 3 or Punchout!'s superior control scheme), or just simply be revolutionary (ala Red Steel 2 and Sin and Punishment 2). It's such a shame that Nintendo is the only one who has put a decent effort in motion controls this gen. The best third parties have put it out are lightgun games, a few flukes, and games that control well but are mediocre to play.

I'd kill for a ground up motion controlled Valve shooter.

Mar

I feel I'm supposed to be outraged, but instead I found it quite funny. And it's not like it's entirely off base either, I'm 30 something and wear band shirts (stopped wearing Metallica ones back in the 90s'). I don't sweat though unless it's a particularly hot summer day...

If Microsoft are trying to find another audience with Kinect, that's fine, but they might want to look at their new Xbox design and ask why they're aiming for the very crowd they're trying to distance themselves from. Because god damn, that's one ugly console. It would have looked cool in 1999 with the PC case modders though.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Wait a minute...Did he just call "hardcore gamers" a bunch of cookie cutter mother fuckers and they're all safe moist as dudes?

gluv65 redeemed?

Chet Rippo said:
Maybe they won't be so sweaty if they worked out a little more?

I consider myself a hardcore gamer but work out daily and have a pretty great body.
rkx7r5.gif

But yeah, I have 4 friends that are taking gaming seriously and none of them fits the profile. So I don't agree with the notion throughout this thread from various posters that MS might be alienating their customers but in reality it's a common secret that they're spot on.

Top Bottom