• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

I should tweet MS my xbox rewards card, that'll show I've been loyal to them :(

I want my free Fulgore :p

Off topic but that card was pretty cool, I got two rentals for the price of one at Hollywood video, the cashier asked me "the fuck is that" when I showed the card lol

WJD

I might have an email... But have no way of accessing the account I signed up with 8 years ago. Fucking AOL.

Jaroof

nrYEX2M.png

ken-nock4.gif

That's great, OP!

Besides this being a really, really nice gesture from Microsoft, it serves strategic purposes:

1) It gets lots of people interested in Killer Instinct who might not otherwise focus on it. This allows Microsoft to plan extra DLC, sequels, and build some momentum. It also spurs interest in the classic Rare catalog.

2) It's some positive PR about the console. The berated company needs some good press, and giving away free stuff is a fantastic start...it's cheap, painless, and does lots of good for the image of the company

3) It cultivates the relationship between the Xbox ecosystem and the player. Microsoft doesn't want you to switch. They want a smooth transition within the Xbox realm. Thanking you for your dedication with free stuff is incentivizing your investment in the ecosystem and enticing you to join Xbox One

Sure, but you're also missing the huge number of people getting angry because they've been XBLG members for a long time, and they feel like MS is shitting on them

Siegfried

Sure, but you're also missing the huge number of people getting angry because they've been XBLG members for a long time, and they feel like MS is shitting on them

Exactly. Just like me. I live in Brazil, pre ordered the One the day pre orders opened here, have almos 300k gamerscore, years and years of xbox live and now I'm pretty pissed because I'm being ignored and people that don't even wanted the One to begin with are receiving codes. I even already pre ordered Ryse, Dead Rising and Forza!That's the kind of thing that makes me want to cancel everything and just go and get a playstation 4.

Exactly. Just like me. I live in Brazil, pre ordered the One the day pre orders opened here, have almos 300k gamerscore, years and years of xbox live and now I'm pretty pissed because I'm being ignored and people that don't even wanted the One to begin with are receiving codes. I even already pre ordered Ryse, Dead Rising and Forza!That's the kind of thing that makes me want to cancel everything and just go and get a playstation 4.

They just can't do anything right. Why not just allow this to be a free dl and be done with it. The fact that anyone is questioning if they are going to have to pay for this or if it is free is EXACTLY the same issues they have been having the entire time with the Xbone.

I have done rewards every month since the beginning, owned a 360 since February 06 and getting a One at launch. I'm kinda pissed I didn't get an email about this. Thanks Microsoft

Zafir

They should have at least had some kind of requirements for giving the stuff away, not just random pot luck.

I got an email. it was the Happy Birthday paper cake, it's not even my birthday.

pretty much sums up MS and the xbox for me. can't wait for the PS4 to be my main console next gen.

Fox Mulder

no email, 84k achievements.

i can't even sign up for their rewards site because it doesn't recognize I have Gold even though I login with my account. I'd at least like to be able to get the top tier benefits for buying shit.

Metzhara

All of the original xbox live testers should get free xbox one's if their live is still active. I feel burned. I tested moto gp for Microsoft but they don't care.

REAL testers tested "ReVolt." I know... because I missed that wave myself. No orange card. But I still have my orange shirt! Yeah...sniff...
Yeah.

I personally think it's cool when we're awarded but I don't feel it's necessary. Sure, it's a sign of good faith, but honest... a free Xbox One? Seriously? Would be cool but I wouldn't expect even a controller considering we both know we tested it to be "first."
And it was GOOOOD... using voice masks on MotoGP to sound like children. -Adam

Lettuce

Still no email for me, 11 years using XBL, 100's of pounds spent on XBL items/games and over 80,000 achevos. This might have been the gesture that tipped me over to keep my Xbone preorder but you've lost yourself a customer now MS.

Has anyone actually contacted MS asking why they didn't receive this promotion?, talk about segregating your user base!

daninthemix

I got this email, but have no plans to get an Xbox One. Ho Hum.

EDIT: I haven't been Gold for years, but do have over 100K gamerscore (all of it earned years ago).

Stratn

REAL testers tested "ReVolt." I know... because I missed that wave myself. No orange card. But I still have my orange shirt! Yeah...sniff...
Yeah.

I personally think it's cool when we're awarded but I don't feel it's necessary. Sure, it's a sign of good faith, but honest... a free Xbox One? Seriously? Would be cool but I wouldn't expect even a controller considering we both know we tested it to be "first."
And it was GOOOOD... using voice masks on MotoGP to sound like children. -Adam

HA Still have my orange card and tee shirt, and revolt was an awesome game....met some great people while beta testing live back in the day. I think there was only 5000 beta testers in the original wave, there can't be very many of us left around.

zainetor

Banned
they are dumbfucks.
Ms should have mad a survey, before sending this shit. Now lots of people who dont want to buy the console, get the code and people who have been gold for ten years get shit.

Can I have your code please lol

you cant give it away, its account locked

MartyPG13

Neo Member
Three original Xbox consoles imported day 1 US machine to UK over 100 games with gold.

Three Xbox 360 consoles and gold since day one but with a different tag, 268 retail games, 196 XBLA games and over 400 bits of DLC and an Xbox One on pre order.

No code :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
At this point they should just make the Killer Instinct Combo pack free until December 31st or something.

That way everyone wins.

Rey

Three original Xbox consoles imported day 1 US machine to UK over 100 games with gold.

Three Xbox 360 consoles and gold since day one but with a different tag, 268 retail games, 196 XBLA games and over 400 bits of DLC and an Xbox One on pre order.

No code :)

Jesus dude... U deserve a free XB1 if u ask me.

painey

I got the code.. very surprised. Appreciative, but doubt I will even own an Xbox One for a long time. I hope it doesn't expire.

ShinAmano

Lol...while I did not get a code (Live for 10+ years no lapse, 80k+ Gamerscore) I do find it funny those crying about not getting a code. Would it be nice? Yes...but honestly is it that big of a deal? No.

I don't know why anyone supports this company anymore. Hey let's announce that we are giving away KI for free but not make it clear who it is free for or why. That will really make people like us!

LOL

BTW...I will be getting KI for free...MS likes to give away Xbox points for using bing...so I will also be getting Crimson Dragon and Dead Rising 3 for free. :)

Nice, I got to play KI at the Area One event in Phoenix this last weekend. Loved it. I have a high gamerscore and got Xbox Live back in the 2002, but I haven't renewed in almost a year, so I'm probably out of the running. :(

Top Bottom