• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Thanks for your dedication to Xbox: Here is Killer Instinct for free

My brother has had an live account for like... since 2002. I am pretty sure he should get KI for free then?

Should I phone him and tell him to expect this?

I got the KI email this morning. Have no real interest in the game, but it's nice to get something. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Satchel

Banned
My gamerscore is over 80K and I've been a Live member for 9 years and have a Day One Edition pre-ordered. I better get it free.

Really feels like a GS + Live tenure thing.

Live user since Beta (10+) and only a 25K gamer score. I will likely not be getting anything.

ZeroAlpha

Banned
Sigh. Looks like I miss out again. No idea why I never qualify for stuff like this. Been a live member since year 2 of live. Almost everything I own is on 360. Bleh.

yeah I've been on live for 8-9 years and I haven't seen shit. *shakes fist at MS*

pretty much. Right now I feel like:

xD8RlK0.gif

Deadstar

All of the original xbox live testers should get free xbox one's if their live is still active. I feel burned. I tested moto gp for Microsoft but they don't care.

Yes you can. I personally rather have a McDouble with a McChicken sandwiched together. Far more use than a fighting game made by a company that has no experience and is most likely gonna bomb.

Yeah, okay.

I don't know if it's going to bomb or not, but the fact that Microsoft is giving one of their exclusive games for free with all the characters unlocked is pretty cool.

Regardless of how I feel about the art choices, the gameplay looks rock solid.

Congrats to all who got it free. :)

It must suck to be a fanboy.

Plus im positive that he has a least one post praising how great the free ps4 games are.

Yeah, okay.

I don't know if it's going to bomb or not, but the fact that Microsoft is giving one of their exclusive games for free with all the characters unlocked is pretty cool.

Regardless of how I feel about the art choices, the gameplay looks rock solid.

Congrats to all who got it free. :)

You know what, im not a fighting fan at all and this was one of two demos i could try and to my surprise, i actually ended up enjoying it.

daemissary

This was basically one of two games along with Dead Rising 3 I was planning on launch so I'm super stoked to get it for free.

I've been on Live for 8 or 9 years and my gamer score is 330k. There does seem to be a positive correlation between high gamer score and receiving this email.

Slashlen

Nice to see them giving something recent like this. Not planning on getting the One so it doesn't really help me, but it's good to see good moves like this.

Sydle

Yes you can. I personally rather have a McDouble with a McChicken sandwiched together. Far more use than a fighting game made by a company that has no experience and is most likely gonna bomb.

This is a brand new team in DH made up of fighting game veterans. It may bomb, but saying they have no or even little experience is factually incorrect.

I'm pretty sure KI is not digital only.

It is digital only for now.

EvB

I'm pretty sure KI is not digital only.

It is, with the exception of a silly super duper special edition in a big box with metal things inside and posters and pin badges and collectable scratch card type affair that is only available direct from Microsoft.

kodecraft

Oh shi#, get 'em. But it will sell for a hot minute due to it being a launch game. People will buy things just because.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Kind of lame that only live members get this. I blew way more money than Live rebuying fucking consoles because they died.

I got mine. 6 years 97k gamerscore and a casual participant in things like xbox rewards etc.

From what I've seen of this thread gamerscore is the biggest factor.

Top Bottom