• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft's E3 conference date is Monday, June 10th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Seems super fake to me

I mean... They would show all the games using old IP but only 3 of 8 of the new ones?

And no Titan?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Not to mention no Black Tusk either.

Well they would have no reason to show everything if that list was true... They need stuff for next E3 too, especially if they are next year games

Very heavy on returning IPs...

The list plays it so safe for Microsoft titles that it's obviously a fake, there's 8 new first party IPs in the system's first year. That simply isn't reflected there, even if you assume some will be saved for Gamescom and TGS.

Seems super fake to me

I mean... They would show all the games using old IP but only 3 of 8 of the new ones?

And no Titan?

Or Black Tusk's game, unless they are named something incredibly stupid.

Speaking of incredibly stupid names, Banjo Fourie.

Izick

Well they would have no reason to show everything if that list was true... They need stuff for next E3 too, especially if they are next year games

Very heavy on returning IPs...

There's almost no way they don't show Black Tusk's game. Mattrick was joking around about spilling the beans at the unveil event, but he said Phil told him not to.

Gestault

EfhnzeP.jpg

Izick

Nope, the uber-list is fake as well. One of the mods (Stumpokapow) said that one of the games on that list has been confirmed to him to not be there.

Stumpokapow said:
At least one of these games has been confirmed to me to absolutely, positively not be there--in turn, this means that the list must be fake. If the list is fake, then there is no discussion here.

oVerde

Banned
I don't think we're going to see any leaks. We didn't see that much about the Xbox One before it was announced, so I think they're going to keep a tight ship on this one as well.

Banjo Kazooie: Butts, a JRPG confirmed.

Actually dear Izick, pretty much anything rumored became true, even parts of that PPT with roadmap for the Xbox brand.

Izick

Actually dear Izick, pretty much anything rumored became true, even parts of that PPT with roadmap for the Xbox brand.

Well, I meant more of the tangential stuff like the name, controller, or games. But yeah, you are right with the meat of the console and idea of what they want it to be.

Well, I meant more of the tangential stuff like the name, controller, or games. But yeah, you are right with the meat of the console and idea of what they want it to be.

Pretty much the only thing about the Xb1 that didn't leak prior to the reveal was the name, and that's probably because they made it up before going on stage.

oVerde

Banned
Pretty much the only thing about the Xb1 that didn't leak prior to the reveal was the name, and that's probably because they made it up before going on stage.

The name was hinted, we do misinterpret Xbox One as OG Xbox, so rumors about it only been called Xbox made sense.
And the console itself not having the full name craved on it is a rare condition too.

quickwhips

Not to mention no Black Tusk either.

Only sony shows games way before launch I believe or at least they have more of a track record. I think Don said he wanted to show black tusk game but Phil Said not yet during the interview with Game Trailers on Xbox console.

Izick

Only sony shows games way before launch I believe or at least they have more of a track record. I think Don said he wanted to show black tusk game but Phil Said not yet during the interview with Game Trailers on Xbox console.

I took it as they had to save it for E3, but you could definitely be right.

The controller, games, hardware design of the console and Kinect leaked?

We knew a racing game. We knew CoD. Thanks to EA, we knew EAsports titles were going to be there. We knew about the flatter looking controller with improved dpad. We knew everything about the hardware(including HDMI pass-thru) except for the aesthetic. The Xbox reveal really didn't have many surprises other than how bad it was. I don't think anyone predicted they'd talk about TV for 45 minutes straight.

Izick

We knew a racing game. We knew CoD. Thanks to EA, we knew EAsports titles were going to be there. We knew about the flatter looking controller with improved dpad. We knew everything about the hardware(including HDMI pass-thru) except for the aesthetic. The Xbox reveal really didn't have many surprises other than how bad it was. I don't think anyone predicted they'd talk about TV for 45 minutes straight.

Most of those weren't leaks though, it was EA and Acticision saying what games would show up. Not to mention there were a lot of people who thought PGR or Forza: Whatever might be there instead of an actual Forza 5

The controller stuff seemed like a no-brainer, but people did get the Zebra pattern stuff right. Still, we never saw the actual design of it until it was unveiled.

I can't argue about the hardware stuff.

We didn't know about Quantum Break at all.

Just LOL at that list. Halo 5, Fable 4, Forza 5...Gears is the only one missing.

Why LOL at the list? Should it's going to be the same as Infamous 3 and Uncharted 4 and GT7 and LBP 3 and so on. Weird that you'd poop on the xbox game list in an xbox E3 thread.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Let us look back at the four games The Verge said were exclusive launch games:

- New Forza: Already announced.
- Ryse: Will be at E3. Countdown site says MMXIII so probably out this year.
- Zombie game. TBA. Might be Dead Rising 3.
- Family game set on an island with Pixar-like graphics. TBA. Could be Rare's new game or somebody else.

So at least three of these are going to be announced at E3.

Interestingly the only game we have not seen hinted is that zombie game. There are what looks like pictures of a family game on the screenshots from the Xbox Reveal keynote.

abadguy

Banned
This is true! Quantum Break was the most secret surprise from the reveal, i'd even jumped from my coach that time when Remedy was called!

Same here, mostly because i thought they were showing Alan Wake 2. Then i got even more excited at seeing it's a new IP.

There's almost no way they don't show Black Tusk's game. Mattrick was joking around about spilling the beans at the unveil event, but he said Phil told him not to.

Black Tusk is Mattrick's pride and joy.
Being from that area and working there when he was at EA, he pushed hard for a Vancouver studio.

Izick

Let us look back at the four games The Verge said were exclusive launch games:

- New Forza: Already announced.
- Ryse: Will be at E3. Countdown site says MMXIII so probably out this year.
- Zombie game. TBA. Might be Dead Rising 3.
- Family game set on an island with Pixar-like graphics. TBA. Could be Rare's new game or somebody else.

So at least three of these are going to be at E3.

Not to mention they showed a Pixar-esque game set on an island with the Rare logo on it in one of those tiles.

Isn't it rumored that Rare is making two titles though? So KI still isn't out of the question still I guess?

Not to mention they showed a Pixar-esque game set on an island with the Rare logo on it in one of those tiles.

Isn't it rumored that Rare is making two titles though? So KI still isn't out of the question still I guess?

It's not just rumored, Microsoft have confirmed Rare are preparing a historic revival of a cherished franchise.

Rare are rumored to be working on up to three titles currently.

EDIT: And yes, Killer Instinct is the most likely candidate.
Please be Conker

Izick

It's not just rumored, Microsoft have confirmed Rare are preparing a historic revival of a cherished franchise.

Rare are rumored to be working on up to three titles currently.

Right, I just wasn't sure if the Pixar-esque island game could be said historic franchise, you know?

I still hope it's KI3. I never had a chance to play those games (I'm a Genesis man) but they always looked awesome.

Miles X

Rare is making 3 titles, they have more than enough teams and even back in the day their rate of games averaged out at 1 a year.

2005: 2
2006: 1
2007: 0
2008: 2
2009: 0
2010: 1
2011: 0.5
2012: 0
2013: ?

You can tell since late 2010 they've been focusing on next gen.

The tile with the Rare logo was that looked like Wizards & Warriors.

Izick

Rare is making 3 titles, they have more than enough teams and even back in the day their rate of games averaged out at 1 a year.

2-3 Rare games focused on being next-gen (no half step stuff like PDZ and Kameo) has me totally excited. I still think Rare has magic in them. Actually, their past games this generation have been pretty good. They're not N64 Rare, obviously, but they still shouldn't be written-off in my eyes.

The tile with the Rare logo was that looked like Wizards & Warriors.

That could be awesome.

dancmc

What's the 0.5 title? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom