• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 : First Screens (from Alpha Build]

This thread is a shit show.

BTRTRxg.jpg

So wait Mega Man doesn't look like this in game? Boo!

Mesoian

This thread is a shit show.

Thisisneogaf.gif

Seriously though, I weep for anyone who readily puts down money on something without reading the fine print. I'd hate to be in their shoes when it comes time to get a home loan and they're paying 40% interest every month.

Glorious. My main problem with 3D Mega Man games like X7-8 was how slow the characters moved.

Beck's moves looking sharp, fast, and responsive. Plus got to see he's got a dash which was one of my big worries about this game. I love MM2 as much as anyone but after playing 20+ years of games with a slide / dash it has been seared into my brain. It'd be nice to get the charge shot back but I wouldn't mind if they left it out to focus on the special weapons; I just need to have that slide / dash mechanic.

Mesoian

Glorious. My main problem with 3D Mega Man games like X7-8 was how slow the characters moved.

Beck's moves looking sharp, fast, and responsive. Plus got to see he's got a dash which was one of my big worries about this game. I love MM2 as much as anyone but after playing 20+ years of games with a slide / dash it has been seared into my brain. It'd be nice to get the charge shot back but I wouldn't mind if they left it out to focus on the special weapons; I just need to have that slide / dash mechanic.

This looks like the megaman X9 I always wanted, especially since that series was starting to get better with X8. But I guess I'll never see Layer again. Rest in Piece layer, my oddly unpopular waifu.

My friend told me that there was a Mighty No. 9 film in productions, made by the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth guy, Kevin Tancharoen, and that Inafune apparently told the guy that he should be working at Pixar. Has anyone else heard this ? I searched but didn't find anything.

Mesoian

My friend told me that there was a Mighty No. 9 film in productions, made by the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth guy, Kevin Tancharoen, and that Inafune apparently told the guy that he should be working at Pixar. Has anyone else heard this ? I searched but didn't find anything.

It's true. It's also weird.

I'm a Becker and feeling a little indifferent to motion blur and bloom; maybe a little simulated speed via moton blur could really work well in a game starring robots idk. I was more concerned with the character design even before plunking my money down but seeing the vids I am now much less concerned. Action appears fast and responsive, musical sound bites hint at epicness to ensue. Fingers crossed gameplay is good and the levels long.

This is my main problem with a lot of 2.5D games, it seems like the switch to 3D graphics makes the characters move slower(clunkier) or less fluid(stilted). While graphic style is nice and all, controls are EVERYTHING. The more responsive, speedy and smooth control is, the better gameplay experience. The phrase, "It controls like a dream." should be taken to heart more now than ever. It should be one of the top goals game makers set out to achieve.

Narroo

Just placing this here. This is one of the original trailers for Devil may Cry, when it was in beta. As we can see, there are a ton of changes between the original trailer and the released game.

This is in Alpha, give it a rest.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
WOW!!!! YES!!!
It looks... it looks... it's like... you know look at it, it's really... it's so...

WHADDAFUCK IS DOING THAT PIECE OF VOMITFART INSIDE MA MEGAMENZ

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just placing this here. This is one of the original trailers for Devil may Cry, when it was in beta. As we can see, there are a ton of changes between the original trailer and the released game.

This is in Alpha, give it a rest.

I don't think, or at least I hope so, that people are dissing it from a technical pow (textures, jaggies and so on) but for the artstyle and how they're translating the 2D art they've come to love since the beginning of the KS and how it's coming to life in 3D.

I can't fault them for that, it looks pretty fucking horrible indeed. Fingers crossed.

NEO0MJ

Seeing that ship in the room reminded me of something I was wondering about, whatever happened to that Pirate Penguin game they were making?

Top Bottom