• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 has gone gold. Confirmed release date of June 21 (3DS/PSV later date)

Nibel

A message from Keiji Inafune –

“To all of our backers and fans of Mighty No. 9,

Firstly, I would like to say again how sincerely sorry we are for how long we have kept all of our fans waiting. We are finally able to deliver some long awaited news regarding Mighty No. 9. We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide). We understand that as a result of the various delays we have disappointed and let down our fans, but we are happy to finally be able to deliver the game to everyone who brought us this far.

With the game having “gone gold” we are in the last final stages of being able to deliver it into your hands, be that via your favorite retail outlet, or via digital channels.

Therefore the release date we are announcing is set in stone and there will be no further delays for the game.

Portable versions for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS ™ will follow at a later point.

It has been almost three years since the start of our Kickstarter campaign, which was only made possible through the support of our backers and fans around the world. This is a project where everyone’s passions were combined in order to create something very special, and we are looking forward to delivering the final product to everyone who was involved. There can be no stronger connection between game creators and game fans.

Now that the dust has settled, we will be delivering Mighty No. 9 to everyone next month. How long will it take you to clear the main story on NORMAL? How many people are going to be able to clear MANIAC mode? What is going to be the fastest record for the time attack mode? We are looking forward to seeing the community answer all of these questions for us! Make sure to let us know your feedback and thoughts on the game through our SNS channels as you play the game. Your voices are what made this game possible, and we want to continue hearing what you think so that it may influence our future endeavors. “

Source (MN9 blog)

Machina

Banned
q0J1D.gif

Ludens

Banned
Until further notice.
Do you imagine if the game launches and it's a buggy mess?
People at this point are expecting perfection out of this title.

me0wish

As a backer, I am disappointed by this news, the reactions to the delays were more entertaining than the game it self.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Firstly, I would like to say again how sincerely sorry we are for how long we have kept all of our fans waiting.

718.gif

Still though about time, ah I maybe I will just keep the code, play the game and forget about Mighty No 9.

As a backer, I am disappointed by this news, the reactions to the delays were more entertaining than the game it self.

Ha ha yeah.

Takao

Banned
For a while I thought the network excuse was just a smokescreen to get the handheld versions launching the same day. That is clearly not the case. I've lost a lot of faith in those builds since the developer switch anyway.

Portable versions for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS ™ will follow at a later point.

= cancelled.

That would be even more negative press given both were funded through stretch goals. They always intended on having the portable builds launch later since they weren't being ported by Inti.

It's hard to think they'd really sell worse than the last gen versions. Digital-only games on PS3/360 have cratered hard.

Menitta

Glad it finally has a release date. I'm not going to play it because money/mirrors edge, but yeah.

That being said, how many people are actually going to play the multiplayer features?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Too little, too late for me. Whatever interest I had is long gone. I need to remember to walk into EB and cancel my CE pre order.

Do we know whether or not it'll be cross buy? I'd prefer it on the Vita, but will pick up the PS4 copy if so.

EDIT:Nevermind, answered shortly afterward

Wanderer5

Guess it was delayed to the summer afterall, right on the first day of it!:p

But good it coming then, rather than later in July or Aug.

Crayolan

Finally. Expectations are low, but I'll still give the game a fair shake.

Watch this game be GOTY lol

If the game is somehow actually great I will forgive Inafune for all the ks bullshit.

Well, almost all. The "you can't get a retail version even though you backed" will bother me even more if the game turns out good.

So wait.....the Vita version is not coming at the same time.....but they've been promoting this as cross buy digital AND retail: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...ails-cross-buy-pre-order-for-retro-hero-mode/

How the heck can they give a code with the retail PS4 version for a vita copy with no release date?

Edit: actually that link says the retail version comes with a code for the PS3 version, which will entitle you to the Vita version.....so I guess PS4/Vita owners without a PS3 need to redeem that code on the webstore.

Kusagari

Good to see it coming but there's no way in hell I'll be playing it any time soon considering it's coming the same week as #FE and Zero Escape.

DrArchon

Glad to see it has a concrete date now. Hope the game has had enough time in the oven to be as good as I hoped it would be when I backed it way back when.

Here's hoping you might no 9 fans get the game in June now. I'm curious how much the past delays will effect the reception.

Top Bottom