• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 has gone gold. Confirmed release date of June 21 (3DS/PSV later date)

Grotte

Neo Member
Hope the backers can enjoy it, they waited such a long time for it.

Were the portable versions always supposed to come out later?
Because if not it's kinda funny to say that there will be no more delays and talk about a delay for the handheld versions in the next sentence.

Have to say this does not excite me at all...... I wish it did but with no vita version coming out right away, I do think I will be skipping this. Maybe I will pick this up down the road during a sale, but honestly it does not look like it is going to be worth playing for me.

I will be playing Uncharted 4 and it is the same day that No Man's Sky comes out.

Dremark

Banned
End of an era. Gaming's greatest running gag is coming to an end. ;_;

I hope he's lying and the delays continue indefinitely.

I have this pre ordered on Amazon for PS4, but I'm actually on the fence as to whether I should get it for that or Wii U. If the game ends up being good, it's a great fit for the rest of my Wii U library. Although I have concerns that the Wii U version will be gimped in some way.

If we can get a vita cross buy confirmation on physical copies, I'd be on PS4 no question.

Even after these delays these versions are still delayed? Man that is disappointing.

Even worse it is coming out on a packed day for me gamewise.

I'm pretty sure these were always going to be released later.

But I mean, hey, the delay game can still go strong I guess?

Ouroboros

I got the kickstarter email and really thought it was another delay....we will see.

I'm expecting major bugs in the PC version that I will have to wait weeks for patches a la Arkham Knight.

I'm guessing at least the 3DS version will be cancelled, and backers owed a 3DS copy of the game won't get a refund.

Given that 3DS can't run UE3 and there's been no media, I wouldn't be surprised.

For similar reasons, I don't see the Vita or Wii U versions of Bloodstained turning out very well, either, but I digress.

Ban Puncher

NFESI.gif

RK128

Finally the game will come out then :). Pushing back the Vita/3DS versions is a good move to get the console versions out after many delays.

Hopeful they stick to this date and we have the game in our hands late June, as I honestly want to see if its good or not. Enjoying my time with the Mega Man series for its Retrospective and very interested in seeing how this new games stacks up to the strongest MM titles (MMX, The NES Classic Series, MM7, MMX2, MMX4, Mega Man Zero, ect).

Looking forward to seeing the feedback people give this game. It HAS to be good in order for people to trust Inafune again.

dity

I mean, they still don't but you'd have to be a fool to believe Megaman Legends 3 wasn't going to be a development hell story if Inafune were to stick around
And you also have to be a fool to not realise Inafune was just abusing his high position at Capcom to push out whatever Mega Man announcement he could without considering if it could be actually made or not.

All those cancelled MM games people mourn? Never happening.

@MUWANdo

Banned
It's even more funny because he's just a corporate suit not an actual game designer.

Inafune is a legitimate designer who did planning and art for a lot of games, including many Mega Man games. You don't have to like MN9 but trying to deny or refute his contributions to the series is just petty.

The End

The same studio's handling both versions and I suspect they'll cancel both, not one or the other.

Well, they're both impractical for different reasons

1) getting UE3 running on OG 3ds hardware was a shitshow, for sure
2) the Vita market is just not there anymore, and if they can't easily port the PS4 version using Sony's tools it's not worth spending money on.

RK128

I can give feedback from the demo that I got for backing the $80 tier:

It's not good.

I appreciate the comment man :D!

What was bad about it though? I mean, they KNOW how to make Mega Man titles (Inti-Crates are great developers), so how was the game not good?

Boogiepop

Is there any way to double check the platform I selected. PRETTY sure I didn't select the 3DS version out of fears of it ending up crap, but it'd be nice to confirm that, since it's been quite a while...

e_i

So, the game is finished, but it won't come out for a month and half? Don't want to compete against the May games?

Engine Software actually has a lot of experience with 3DS development. I highly doubt they would accept the port job if they weren't capable of releasing it.

Ishida

Banned
YES!!

Fuck the hate this game gets on GAF. I'm so looking forward to play this! If Capcom is not giving me Mega Man, then I will take a spiritual successor from the guy who nurtured the series since the beginning.

What was bad about it though? I mean, they KNOW how to make Mega Man titles (Inti-Crates are great developers), so how was the game not good?

You know how Mega Man has immaculate level design, curated so that you are challenged but yet are able to apply corrections to your mistakes and get better with every playthrough? How you can feel that every enemy placement or jump has a reasoning or purpose?

That's not Mighty No. 9.

Phamit

As far as I know the portable was always planned to release after the other version, so this isn't something new. Well, you don't have to like it, but at least this is according to schedule

And yay, finally

I don't recall getting one. Well, fuck. I'm guessing I'll be stuck with a useless Steam code if I didn't get the survey?

When they announced the last delay, they said they wanted to make a new survey closer to release

Ishida

Banned

The demo was great. It was basically Mega Man of old.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Well, they're both impractical for different reasons

1) getting UE3 running on OG 3ds hardware was a shitshow, for sure
2) the Vita market is just not there anymore, and if they can't easily port the PS4 version using Sony's tools it's not worth spending money on.

Just gotta wait for the NX portable version
in 2021

Top Bottom