• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 review thread

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I know it doesn't really mean anything, but the Famitsu score for all platforms was 8/8/7/7 [30/40].

UraMallas

I'm so sorry for the backers

Don't be. It was $20. You win some and lose some. Bloodstained and Yooka-Laylee look on point and they are bought and paid for already, too.

Saying that, I still think I'll get enjoyment out of this game. It looks fun to me!

God is a Geek - 7/10

After all the hype, controversy, and delays, the end results are satisfying. Some may be turned off by the shortness of the standard game, others may be turned off by the toughness of some of the bosses, but there are plenty of nostalgic and challenge-seeking players that will get a kick out of Mighty No. 9. There’s a hope in me that there’ll be a sequel, one that really pushes the formula forward, but for now, this is just another Mega Man game – make of that what you will.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
At least I can take solace in having also backed Hyper Light Drifter and Shantae: Half-Genie Hero back in the fall of 2013. Two out of three ain't bad, right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"There is, however, no explanation of each of these abilities or how best to use them. As the level structure is entirely open, the designers don't know whether or not you will have unlocked specific abilities by the time you reach certain areas, and so cannot design levels or even set-pieces around newly acquired skills. In this way, the design feels disparate, rather than focused and gives the game an unfinished, or at least, disharmonious feel."

Oh god, for some reason, reading that made me think of Mega Man X6.

REALLY hope there's a demo for this. I was hoping despite all the crap that's happened with this game & how long we've had to wait, it would at least turn out decent, but it seems to be just "meh".

Man, I backed this back in the day. A full 100 dollars I believe. I was really caught up in that spiritual successor hype. Even though I have a free Wii U copy on the way, I don't even want to play it now.

Xater

Not surprised, it looked terrible in basically every video.

My only supported Kickstarter that turned out bad. It was bound to happen eventually I guess. Never gonna give Inafune money again though.

Trace

Banned
I'm still surprised that they spent four million dollars, three years and multiple delays, and they released a four hour campaign that looks like shit. What have they been spending their time doing?

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I'm still surprised that they spent four million dollars, three years and multiple delays, and they released a four hour campaign that looks like shit. What have they been spending their time doing?

Cute Call designs.

SirNinja

Pretty generous scores from what I've seen of it so far.

Mighty No. 9 |OT| Explosions courtesy of Pizza Hut

chrono01

Making a Mighty No. 9 TV series, movie and a breakfast cereal (probably).

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It's all over now. The dark side is taking you.

(a delayed game is eventually good)

(except...)

baphomet

Looked like shit from the beginning.

Unfortunately doesn't look like they ever bothered improving anything.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Eurogamer's conclusion doesn't even sound that bad.

Top Bottom