• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse NOW on web - end of the year for 3DS

Nice job Nintendo. If only you could have had this ready at launch (but I'll take it).

The ability to save screenshots is pretty nice.

-Horizon-

Not quite that, but this made me crack up.

eHIEfWA.jpg

:/

wtf, some of these miiverse sketches are unreal

Now just imagine what they could do if they had a wide color pallette choose from

Cuburt

I've always thought the idea of easily sharing screenshots could result in sharing some really cool moments. I tried to create a few on my own when I first got my Wii U but kind of got over it when it seemed only a few people might randomly check them out. Being able to easily share them online just made the potential for cool screenshots being shared on web to sky rocket.

Here's a couple from Little Inferno:
Here I tried to stack as much paper money as I could from burning a credit card (it's more difficult to do than you'd think since they tend to catch on fire and light other bills on fire)

Here I stacked Tetrominos to make a tetris and I realized when you complete a line it actually makes it disappear. Pretty cool

Incoming Vita, PS3, and x-box 360 browser block in 3.... 2.... 1....

it would be smarter not to block them like they are allowing image links right now they could have blocked that to bandwidth is going to be huge for that thing

hopefully it gets out of Beta soon and they allow more features on the Web side

Roo

Wait, does this mean the 3DS will get Miiverse like the WiiU or will it just be accessible from a 3DS?

3DS will have its own native Miiverse app
for now, it'll be web browser only since 3DS' app will come till the end of the year

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Nice and fast.

Which only means there's never any reason to use it on the Wii U anymore (outside of drawing and posting pictures) because the Wii U application is a slow piece of garbage.

TrickRoom

Whoa! This came fast. Bummer that they're missing the fall for 3DS integration. I could only imagine what Pokemon XY on the miiverse would do on worldwide launch the moment Nintendo and Game Freak cut the tapes.

Tuck

Glad to see its up. Finally. Too bad you can only make an account on the Wii U though. Look forward to its launch on 3DS.

zroid

Banned
Salsa being the king of Nintendo threads lately is totally surreal. I got a 3DS this year too, is that gonna be the standard plan for PC GAF?

I was a pure Nintendo+PC guy for most of my life! It's a great way to be. :p

I had a couple non-Nintendo consoles in my younger days; seldom used them, but for a handful of exclusives. Only seriously got into non-Nintendo consoles with PS3 in 2008.

Iwata said:
We are also planning to make available a system update for Nintendo 3DS to allow its users to view and post content on Miiverse on the system within this year.
Phew, I thought I would have to buy a 3DSi to have Miiverse on the 3DS.

The browser version is irrelevant.

Poyunch

Man this is kind lame. You should be able to see Miiverse posts without logging in. Just don't allow "yeah-ing" and commenting.

Top Bottom