• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miller Light gives you shit for their / your past sins, and wants your shit as penance

NickFire

It's rather amazing to see companies poop on their actual customers to chase new ones.

It's like these beer companies read all about entertainment that flopped for the exact same reason, and said "hold my beer".

No pun intended.

Fbh

Drunks Buddy System GIF

Let's get drunk together instead!
With some IPAs!!

v7d8t2ql2xa71.jpg

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Customers: Did you create this commercial?
Miller: Uh.... No (sweats profusely)
Customers: Pretty sure you did, what's this link in this ad?
Miller: What link? (deletes all traces of ad links)

55nTi0Q.png

f4wSaWM.png

video delisted, you can see the cache from just May 14 when it was still up:

I want these incompetent asshole's jobs. Clearly, it's easy to be a dumb as a box of indoctrinated rocks; out of touch with society and your brand/product diversity hire. I think I can pretend. I think.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Though if this gets grocery stores to stock fewer cases of bud and Miller and that frees up space for the craft beer slowly being pushed aside for that crap seltzer swill, even better.

NickFire

Though if this gets grocery stores to stock fewer cases of bud and Miller and that frees up space for the craft beer slowly being pushed aside for that crap seltzer swill, even better.
The seltzer stuff (over ice) is a phenomenal choice when sitting on the beach all day. Just saying.

(I hope none of the mods are beer snobs or you may need to pour one out for me)

Last edited:
Uh.........Miller Lite customers enjoy gulping down cans of shit.

Unless they plan on destroying their shit recipe and starting over I don't understand the message here.

Billbofet

What do Miller Lite and having sex in a canoe have in common???
They are both fucking close to water...

I wish I drank this shit so I could boycott it for this nonsense hate marketing. It's like the ad is genuinely reminding everyone about better times.

This must be where the fired Marketing Executive at Bud Lite ended up.

Last edited:
What do Miller Lite and having sex in a canoe have in common???
They are both fucking close to water...

I wish I drank this shit so I could boycott it for this nonsense hate marketing. It's like the ad is genuinely reminding everyone about better times.

This must be where the fired Marketing Executive at Bud Lite ended up.

If that's not an established and widely accepted and understood term, it needs to be. Hate Marketing - When rather than welcoming new customers and growing your brand through being genuinely inclusive, you reject and insult your existing customers while trying to win favor with potential customers.

CGNoire

If that's not an established and widely accepted and understood term, it needs to be. Hate Marketing - When rather than welcoming new customers and growing your brand through being genuinely inclusive, you reject and insult your existing customers while trying to win favor with potential customers.
I feel like game companies where the first to do this in courting casuals.

Vestal

Gold Member
Was it really woke though? Felt more like a really bad parody.

edit: I just don't see who the target audience is. (I am still a little iffy on what exactly constitutes woke though)

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Lol, fuck that beer. Also.. wtf are people in here pissing on Craft Beer? I've had a fucking dank-ass craft beer, think it was a Goose Island? Shit was like 15% Alcohol by Volume. Lotta lightweights up in here. Also shoutout to Franziskaner, Hoegaarden, just to name a few.

Cyberpunkd

Ok, so the part to make a men spring to action is “women were the first beer brewers”?

They realise they were born thanks to a woman? Like, everybody on Earth?

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

edit: I just don't see who the target audience is. (I am still a little iffy on what exactly constitutes woke though)
When progressive people adapt the worst aspects of organized religion. That's how I've come to view "woke" when used in a pejorative sense. Judgement, intolerance for opposing thought, desire to force your worldview on others, wishing those who don't agree with your worldview to be silenced, have their livelihood threatened, or otherwise be forced into compliance. When it gets really aggressive, that's generally when people start referring to it as cancel culture.

However, you'll notice that nowhere in my entire first post did I ever use the word "woke." It's a divisive pejorative that just leads to people arguing about what qualifies as "woke." It's needless and pointless, and just creates debates that are reduced into semantics.

I'd much rather argue that this is a company lecturing their customers and shaming them for enjoying how the company used to advertise their product. That's a much more solid foundation to me than throwing around a label that doesn't have any agreed upon definition.

Last edited:

KrakenIPA

I will only drink Miller Light if there is a case race involved, or if I have to hike cans and bottles to the campsite.

winjer

Gold Member
So they start by lying about women being the ones brewing beer in ancient times.
The reality is that agricultural activities were labor intensive, before industrialization. Requiring a lot of work from both women and men.
And this includes the production of beverages, like wine and beer.
It's not just the planting and harvesting. It's also the tool making, the barrel making, the processing of grapes, wheat or barley.
This was a comunal work, that required the work of man, woman and even children.
To pretend this was just the work of women, it's disingenuous and and outright lie.

SJRB

Gold Member
So they start by lying about women being the ones brewing beer in ancient times.
The reality is that agricultural activities were labor intensive, before industrialization. Requiring a lot of work from both women and men.
And this includes the production of beverages, like wine and beer.
It's not just the planting and harvesting. It's also the tool making, the barrel making, the processing of grapes, wheat or barley.
This was a comunal work, that required the work of man, woman and even children.
To pretend this was just the work of women, it's disingenuous and and outright lie.

The video's entire premise is very flawed as it takes creative liberties with historic facts to create some weird false narrative that women started brewing beer and we should be thankful to women for basically creating beer. At least that is the vibe I'm getting.

Unfortunately, she literally starts by saying "women were among the first to brew beer" which just sweeps the legs from underneath the entire rest of the video.

Women were "among" everything regarding pretty much any activity. Do they think women sat at home reading Vogue coming up with armchair activism 2000 years ago? Fuck no, they were working their ass off just like everyone did back then because everyone was dirt poor, owned basically nothing and if they didn't work they had no food.

I legit don't understand what Miller is trying to accomplish here. I mean, what is their end game here? Or are they really only pandering and really just that retarded?

Toots

Gold Member
Beautiful women are highly problematic. Only ugly women are allowed to have jobs.
Beautiful women set an unrealistic and frankly unhealthy standard, and are a product of patriarcal society we should aim to abolish.

Anyway do these dingbats watch the bud light fiasco and collectively said "Hold my (shitty) beer" ?
What is happening in the head those marketing morons so they always choose the worst option ??

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

It was trying to make their chief audience feel bad about who they are. Re-read this sentence.

Imagine a similar situation:
Chevrolet commercial for their new whatever-that-6-litres-monstrosity is: Oy, cowboy bitch! You might not know, but you be killing the planet driving our cars dawg. So now you are getting this beta 1.4 litres EV like they have in Europe with their small weenies. #smallisthenewgreen

Last edited:

Smiggs

This is a stupid commercial that people aren't supposed to take seriously, just laugh at it. Christ, people really get offended by everything these days.

Spaceman292

Banned
It's just another carefully judged marketing campaign. They want to make you all angry because guess what: YOU'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT A MILLER LITE AD. You've all been hoodwinked.

Top Bottom