• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miller Light gives you shit for their / your past sins, and wants your shit as penance

drganon

images

Now this is quality advertising. I don't even drink beer that often, but a dog on a surfboard just might convince me.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Unfortunately, she literally starts by saying "women were among the first to brew beer" which just sweeps the legs from underneath the entire rest of the video.
Totally agree.

What were the other choices? Men? Angels? Hobbits? Aliens?

What a way to make a statement without needing to reference any facts

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's just another carefully judged marketing campaign. They want to make you all angry because guess what: YOU'RE ALL TALKING ABOUT A MILLER LITE AD. You've all been hoodwinked.
But Miller lite is a dominate player, only losing market share. So it doesn't have an awareness problem that even negative attention can fix, it has a loyalty problem because it tastes like thin piss.

The way for these tired but classic brands to stay relevant isn't to try to appeal to niche markets that already have established preferences, it's to fall back on their history, stoke the nostalgia flames, and double down on their traditional audience to get them to buy Miller or bud for "old times sake". Getting 95% of your old audience to drink one of these beers 5% of the time is better than trying to appeal to 1% of a new audience to drink it all the time and lost 25% of your old audience in the process.

Smiggs

Have you completely forgotten the Dylan Mulvaney fiasco?
The biggest difference with that case is a large percentage of Bud Light drinkers have been bombarded with anti-trans rhetoric for awhile now, and for Bud to run a campaign like that during the midst of the culture war was about the dumbest thing they could have done at the time.

I'm pretty sure the majority of Miller Lite drinkers are not anti-women, and not to mention this dumb commercial doesn't exactly come off as too serious. And it's an American light beer commercial, I can't remember the last serious one I saw. Did people get outraged over the "man card" ad campaign Miller had around 15 years ago?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The biggest difference with that case is a large percentage of Bud Light drinkers have been bombarded with anti-trans rhetoric for awhile now, and for Bud to run a campaign like that during the midst of the culture war was about the dumbest thing they could have done at the time.

I'm pretty sure the majority of Miller Lite drinkers are not anti-women, and not to mention this dumb commercial doesn't exactly come off as too serious. And it's an American light beer commercial, I can't remember the last serious one I saw. Did people get outraged over the "man card" ad campaign Miller had around 15 years ago?
15 years ago the world was different. Thanks to the rise of social media creating constant bombardment of culture war nonsense and all the other divisive rhetoric some people see every single thing that doesn't align with their values as a personal attack. That goes for any side.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member

lol no I just meant being a white guy doesn't disqualify. It's more to do with gender ideology and feminism than race.

CGNoire

and not to mention this dumb commercial doesn't exactly come off as too serious. And it's an American light beer commercial, I can't remember the last serious one I saw. Did people get outraged over the "man card" ad campaign Miller had around 15 years ago?

Idk the ugggghhh she made when referencing the male gaze ads seemed to come from a place of genuine disgust with the ads and anyone who liked or had nostalgia for them. There literaly suggesting there previous customers who enjoyed those ads like "Shit" and there providing a way for you to cleanse your immoral soul by sending them there old mechandise they sold you as proof you have matured and can now join them on "the right side of history".

Last edited:

Smiggs

15 years ago the world was different. Thanks to the rise of social media creating constant bombardment of culture war nonsense and all the other divisive rhetoric some people see every single thing that doesn't align with their values as a personal attack. That goes for any side.
Yeah, I get it. I think too many people are too quick to get offended and move to cancel things, I just wish more people would detach from social media and cable news and formulate their own opinions on things, not just what others tell them to think. A symptom of the times we live in, I suppose.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Women brewed beer at home before it was industrialized, but if you expected women now do as much work at home now as they did back then, you would be called a monster.
Goddamn, imagine a campaign to get women to think that the epitome of femininity is to be able to homebrew your man his favorite seasonal beer.

Fuuuuuuuuck, onlyfans would go out of business overnight and the birth rate would skyrocket :p

jason10mm

Gold Member
I still won’t and don’t buy Gillette products, because of the same shitty marketing approach they did a couple years ago.
Same. Patronizing fucks.

These campaigns just give that Jeremy guy soooo many new markets to conquer :p

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Same. Patronizing fucks.

Look's like I got some new products to try.

GooseMan69

Lol the “oppressed” groups are really chasing after that piss beer market. Have fun drinking 8 cans of that shit just to feel a buzz.

Not that I’m s beer snob. It all tastes like grass water. Wine >>>

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Same. Patronizing fucks.

A a college professor was fired for giving his students some of that chocolate. Our society is going so cuntingly soft at a rapid pace.

The world is most definitely going to find out that weak men create hard times.

Bro I think you're just more attracted to muddy men than muddy women
When the men are prettier than the women, Houston, we have a problem.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
He's being a beer snob. Any idiot who's willing to schill out 6 bucks for a craft beer is the same idiot not willing to pay for quality liquor like Walker Blue, Pappy, etc.
I tell you what, I don't care for that regular Johnnie Walker, a little too on the sweet side in the aftertaste, but that Blue, that is some good good shit!

Right up there with Jameson 18yr. Some good sipping and fantastic buzz.

Being a gay man isn't a problem
True. It's a twink nation out there in that case.

Last edited:
I tell you what, I don't care for that regular Johnnie Walker, a little too on the sweet side in the aftertaste, but that Blue, that is some good good shit!

Right up there with Jameson 18yr. Some good sipping and fantastic buzz.
Try the bourbon I listed. It'll change your life.

GymWolf

How far back are we going with this?
Alcohol/Beer has been popular for thousands of years, so of course women would have brewed it.

The oldest known Beer recipe is 3900 years old and is from Mesopotamia

No one said that a Man prettier than the Women has to be gay.
I think he is saying that he is gay so having gigachads is not a problem for him.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think he is saying that he is gay so having gigachads is not a problem for him.
that explains what he said about the women in ND games. those masculine features and jawlines probably turn him on.

not that there's anything wrong with that seinfeld GIF by myLAB Box

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Just don't check the price.
Oh I did. I am signing up for this November at a local store here I like to frequent.

Also saw this, but don't know how legit the site is. Looks a little sus,

Toons

I value a product based on its benefit for me much more so than whether their ads align with my views. Corporations aren't your friend. If you ever thought they were, at any point, you had the wrong approach to all of this.

Its a product. Its a bunch of suits in a room talking about how to try to coerce you to buy that product. Ignore all of it and things become a lot more convenient for you. I csnt say I've ever boycotted a product because I didn't like an ad campaign. I cant say I've supported a product because I liked an ad campaign, but rather because I liked the product itself.

I think about Chick fil A. The dudes running that company are probably not guys id get along with. But the chicken is darn good.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
I value a product based on its benefit for me much more so than whether their ads align with my views. Corporations aren't your friend. If you ever thought they were, at any point, you had the wrong approach to all of this.

Its a product. Its a bunch of suits in a room talking about how to try to coerce you to buy that product. Ignore all of it and things become a lot more convenient for you. I csnt say I've ever boycotted a product because I didn't like an ad campaign. I cant say I've supported a product because I liked an ad campaign, but rather because I liked the product itself.

I think about Chick fil A. The dudes running that company are probably not guys id get along with. But the chicken is darn good.
I get you, but I also think this wasn't even an issue a few decades back because A. companies were waaaay more careful about the messaging in their ads, B. there was a lot more shared culture to make targeting ads easier, C. ads for specific niche groups were harder for other groups to see (and be offended by), and D. corporate types didn't make their own personal preferences well known.

If Coke launched New Coke it wasn't an attempt to get more gays drinking coke, and even if it was, they could make that known in gay circles where there was little risk of the ad being seen by anyone else (remember the days of those gay specific newspapers and magazines?). The president of Coke wasn't able to tell folks directly why New Coke was better and if you didn't switch from Pepsi you were a bad person. So in the end no one bought New Coke, they "relaunched" Coke Classic, and everybody wins.

Top Bottom