• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MINDHUNTER |OT| Netflix Original Series - Oct 13

iddqd

I love Fincher, I love well developed TV shows, but found the first episode to be so boring with no reason to continue. I don't care at all about any of the characters, nobody is likable or interesting. The acting and dialogue is very weird/awkward too. Does it get better? Does any actual serial killing detective work happen?

Yeah, I had to stop half way into Ep1 and I had a lot of "why am I watching this?" moments.
Will stick with it and I do give it the benefit of thinking that the main guy is how he is on purpose. But man... Talk about a weird and unfun main guy.

kirblar

Yeah, I had to stop half way into Ep1 and I had a lot of "why am I watching this?" moments.
Will stick with it and I do give it the benefit of thinking that the main guy is how he is on purpose. But man... Talk about a weird and unfun main guy.
It's deliberate, but I don't think Groff quite nails what he's going for in the early episodes. It makes more sense by the end.

jerry113

Banned
He's someone who probably otherwise would've become a serial killer had he had a slightly different upbringing and his character slowly realizes that.

JOKERACN7

When you start a tv series, you gotta at least watch a few episodes, or I'd say one season of it to form a plausible judgment, watching only ONE episode and deciding that it's not good or something is not fair
And I don't get the criticism for the lead character, he was supposed to be like that and Groff nailed it.

When you start a tv series, you gotta at least watch a few episodes, or I'd say one season of it to form a plausible judgment, watching only ONE episode and deciding that it's not good or something is not fair
And I don't get the criticism for the lead character, he was supposed to be like that and Groff nailed it.

The way he acts in the beginning seemed kind of cheesy to me until I made it further in and realized how much he changes over the course of the season. I can totally understand why someone would watch the first episode and be put off.

Rootbeer

Banned
I was totally engrossed, but way too much unresolved in the first 10 episodes. Didn't feel like a finale at all.

Oh well, looking forward to it continuing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I was totally engrossed, but way too much unresolved in the first 10 episodes. Didn't feel like a finale at all.

Oh well, looking forward to it continuing.

I would agree that the final episode felt more like a penultimate.

Robot Pants

The whole season to me felt like an introduction. Like it was just starting off. Which is fine I’m ok with it I just hope they really REALLY knock it out of the park with season two.

I wouldn’t mind if the show was even slower as well. Hopefully those rewrites Fincher ordered are great

I love Fincher, I love well developed TV shows, but found the first episode to be so boring with no reason to continue. I don't care at all about any of the characters, nobody is likable or interesting. The acting and dialogue is very weird/awkward too. Does it get better? Does any actual serial killing detective work happen?
Yes it gets much much better. I hated the first episode. it was flat out bad, I’ll say it.

The second episode was very eh also.
From 3 on you’re golden.

IronRinn

Just finished it. Loved everything about it. Super bummed that we're gonna have to wait until 2019 for more.
These guys are gonna be retired by the time BTK is finally caught, right?

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I'm interested in how they're
going to incorporate BTK on the show. Will they actively try to find the killer or will they use him in some other way? Because there is such a long time before his last known kill until he got caught(91-2005) and he took multiple years between killing sometimes, so if they make him one of the overlying themes of the show, it would have to span decades, which probably means multiple in-season time jumps. And then in the end, it wasn't criminal psychology that caught him, it was his own ego playing "catch me if you can" with the police. So I'm really curious on why they chose him as a main centerpiece. They obviously have something in mind and chose him for a reason, Fincher knows his shit.

Great show. I liked all of it.

Really wanted more scenes to be chatting to killers.

But some of the applied stuff was neat.

Foot tickling ewww.

2019 until season 2? Dang son!

iPaul93

Just finished the show.This is probably the best show Netflix has made so far.Can't for for the next season.

Top Bottom