• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft XBLA |OT| Don't touch my cactusSsSS

I have Minecraft GAF on my friends list and have set up a world :) I am PrematureQuiche and it is setup on peaceful so just hop in. It will be up most of the time until Tony Hawk comes out haha. That is the next 360 game I want. Three things

1. If you see anyone destroying peoples buildings tell me and I will block them.
2. What difficulty do you guys want the server at?
3. If you have to add me to get in feel free :)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If MS was smart, they'd let people run XServers on their PCs to host Minecraft games with. While it's feasible to just leave your Xbox on, you're still taking up a player slot and there's no way to make it automatically save the map once a while.

If they are going to do that, why not let you play online with pc players? It's not a competitive game.

Yeti Land Update!

Here is my wheat farm:

nEZKk.jpg

Fountain with a Nether Portal:

Cabin I just finished:

Entrance:

Kitchen:

Bedrooms:

My upgraded bridge:

Sunset from said bridge:

Sorry for the photo bomb. Just proud of my work. ;)

I really kinda wish they'd go straight to beta 1.8 or final 1.0(.1?), honestly. I mean, yeah, that's a huge undertaking with all the new stuff that got added, but the alternative is... what, pistons? More clay? Good things, but nowhere near as impressive.

Izick

Since we have seen some concessions regarding free updates I wonder if microsoft is going to figure out a way to get dedicated server support for this game.

They just sold 1 million units. Clearly people are playing this game like crazy.

Can't wait for the updates.

They'd be stupid to not to with all these sales, but then again I've likely said that in the past about other games on the 360.

I have Minecraft GAF on my friends list and have set up a world :) I am PrematureQuiche and it is setup on peaceful so just hop in. It will be up most of the time until Tony Hawk comes out haha. That is the next 360 game I want. Three things

1. If you see anyone destroying peoples buildings tell me and I will block them.

I have set it up now and if you want in at all you may need to add me so I am checking the xbox for another 2 hours then I am just leaving it idle to let you guys play :)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeti Land Update!

Here is my wheat farm:

Fountain with a Nether Portal:

Cabin I just finished:

Entrance:

Kitchen:

Bedrooms:

My upgraded bridge:

Sunset from said bridge:

Sorry for the photo bomb. Just proud of my work. ;)

You are a god among men. I still have just a bunker. But soon it will be a bunker with a SKYLIGHT!!

Damn I wish this was on PSN I would buy it in a flash lol. I used to have it on my laptop before it died, don't know if it will run on a MacBook pro.

Q: does wheat need water near by like in your setup to grow?
Wheat does not need water nearby to grow, but it'll grow so much slower if it doesn't.

I believe the wiki says the ideal format is something like this:

Code:
W = wheat
D = dirt, tilled
P = pool of water
T = torch

DDDTDDDP
WWWWWWWW
DDDDDDDD
WWWWWWWW
DDDPDDDT
WWWWWWWW
DDDDDDDD
WWWWWWWW

Tile as needed. Remember to crouch; walking normally on tilled dirt can revert it to normal dirt, killing anything growing on it. (This restriction was later relaxed; you can walk on tilled dirt willy-nilly in the latest versions, but jumping on it can cause it to revert.)

Hambone

Keep the picks coming Yeti! Awesome stuff.

I need to figure out why I cannot connect to Facebook using the Xbox. It's not just Minecraft, but the Facebook app itself will not let me connect.

Hambone

Yeti, how do you do the tall post on that last pic? Looks like normal fence, but what's that post made of?

Put down a dirt block first. Place fence post on top of dirt block. Remove dirt block, and place another fence post where dirt block was.

Hope that makes sense. :/

Blizzard

Banned
You know what makes this game even more awesome? The fkin soundtrack! Sounds like it was ripped straight out of LOST.

Here is the link to the OST. If it's illegal for me to post this please remove the link.
You might not want to put that link there since I believe the soundtrack is being sold and has been in some indie soundtrack bundles. You might be able to stream and buy it here, not sure: c418.bandcamp.com/album/minecraft-volume-alpha

*edit* Ugh I'm blind, this was already mentioned. Anyway, the music is great.

my world seed must be terrible or i picked a shitty place to live. i've barely found any gold, one deposit of redstone, and very little iron in the 15 or so hours i've played. i went exploring one day and found two MASSIVE cave structures pretty far from my home. i've only found one near my place.

thinking of moving but it'll be such a hassle.

Thanks. My wheat farm was a disaster, even before a ceeper came by and blew it up :(
Is it ok if animals walk over the tilled soil?
No. They will also revert it back to normal dirt (although I believe the future "only jumping" update will apply to them, too, they sure do like jumping a lot, so even then...). Better make some fences.

robot

Started playing last night, first thing I noticed was my world has a massive mountain with entrances everywhere. On my way over, I found a single sand block in a field of grass. Started my dig there and wound up setting up shop above it since I've been exploring it for 3 hours. Going to extend my house slowly towards that mountain and head in eventually. Based on my map, this is only around 5% of the world.

Game is really fun.

Mudron

Does anybody know if minecraft plays well on a MacBook pro.

It plays fine on my 2 year-old Macbook Pro (though things get a little hairy when I've got the draw distance turned all the way up, though that's way farther/more taxing than the draw distance in the 360 version of the game. The Mac version definitely won't look any worse.)

That's gorgeous, I'll visit your world the next time we are online at he same time if you don't mind :)

Q: does wheat need water near by like in your setup to grow?

Yeah that's fine. :)

Speaking of tilled ground I read that if you put fence posts under tilled dirt, no matter how much you walk over it, it won't revert back to regular dirt. Will probably test it out soon.

Haunted

Are there world seeds in the 360 version? There are some really cool seeds out there.

Although there's also something to be said for just going with a random one.

Are there world seeds in the 360 version? There are some really cool seeds out there.

Although there's also something to be said for just going with a random one.

Yeah the seeds that worked in the 1.6.6 version of the Minecraft beta will work for the 360. Cool seeds that are worth mentioning are:

gargamel
glacier
elfen lied

Have no clue if they are case sensitive or not.

Yeah the seeds that worked in the 1.6.6 version of the Minecraft beta will work for the 360. Cool seeds that are worth mentioning are:

gargamel
glacier
elfen lied

Have no clue if they are case sensitive or not.

Dead Mau5 is pretty awesome as well. it has tons of mountains, some floating in the air. an open pool of lava on the surface, and i think there's some monster spawners undergound near the start.

No. They will also revert it back to normal dirt (although I believe the future "only jumping" update will apply to them, too, they sure do like jumping a lot, so even then...). Better make some fences.
I did put fences around it. But there isn't a gate for it and a door looked stupid on it so I kept one block open so cows/sheep were trampeling all over the place. What to do? Smashing a hole in the fence everytime I have to take care of the wheat?

MrDaravon

I did put fences around it. But there isn't a gate for it and a door looked stupid on it so I kept one block open so cows/sheep were trampeling all over the place. What to do? Smashing a hole in the fence everytime I have to take care of the wheat?

I'm curious about this as well; I'm doing the double-high fence method posted above in hopes that it will stop animals from getting in and fucking up my wheat (despite having a fence up and no nearby equivalent high blocks for animals to jump off of animals somehow keep getting inside). Assuming that the double high fence does finally work though it's a pain in the ass to get in and out, is there a gate in later versions or anything like that?

FOUND GOLD TODAY!

Well, I found 3 or 4 gold ore blocks while tunneling through my first and only mine. What's the best depth to find neat stuff?

Vlad

I'm curious about this as well; I'm doing the double-high fence method posted above in hopes that it will stop animals from getting in and fucking up my wheat (despite having a fence up and no nearby equivalent high blocks for animals to jump off of animals somehow keep getting inside). Assuming that the double high fence does finally work though it's a pain in the ass to get in and out, is there a gate in later versions or anything like that?

Yup, you should be getting them in a patch or two, assuming they stick to the PC schedule.

More info about Fence Gates here.

Marvie_3

Banned
Is there a maximum height you can build? I have a tower I've been working on that's way above the clouds even and I still haven't hit any kind of build limit.

hey i built something in PrematureQuiche's world that he is letting us play on. i want to see if anyone can find it. and i guess it can be a sort of starting point for other structures.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Here is a pic of my castle and fountain/waterfall! Just created a Lava Fountain too that goes right beside the water one! LOVE THIS GAME!!

471047_142513815881806_100003695643581_178020_1151823343_o.jpg

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I just found out how insane the buckets are. One bucket of lava is basically able to make a giant lava waterfall like the one pictured above. I'm going to put this EVERYWHERE.

Linius

Lava and water coming together creates obsidian right? So does that mean you can mine obsidian down there where the water and lava are coming near each other beneath that castle?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Lava and water coming together creates obsidian right? So does that mean you can mine obsidian down there where the water and lava are coming near each other beneath that castle?

I think so, havent tried it yet though to be sure.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

You can just pick up water or lava in a bucket and dump it on the other element to make a chunk of obsidian. I think them naturally clashing won't do that, one overpowers the other. Might be wrong though.

Top Bottom