• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge 2 - Help Center site appears on EA.com

sleepykyo

You know what I mean. It will be less Mirrors Edge, and more DudeBroEdge.

EA has fucked up nearly everyone of it's franchises. So seeing Mirrors Edge going down the same path just seems to be expected.

While most of us, probably play it no guns style, it was pretty brotastic. eg. Old cop pulls gun out, Faith snatches it and mentions the next time she kills him. She squeezes the local informant for information. Mirror's Edge wasn't some point and click adventure game about the meaning of life.

GHG

The original game had guns. The sequel might feature guns.

Might? Id bet a lot of money that it will and there will be multiplayer... No way would a game like this be xbone exclusive without some kind of multiplayer/cloud features being tacked on.

I hope the game opens up a bit and the levels have more of a sandbox feel ala the first few levels of crysis 1.

AJ_Wings

If this is true, I'm much more shocked at the fact that the current EA actually let DICE make a sequel in the first place considering Mirrors Edge's critical and sales performance.

Please let it be true T_T....

DatDude

Banned
If EA was smart/greedy...than making it simply an XboxOne exclusive would be an idiotic way to increase sales.

Make it XboxOne, PS4, PC, PS3, 360, WiiU, and maybe even Vita to get that sales chart wheel churning.

Metal-Geo

Be still, heart... Be still.

All this talk about it possibly being Xbone exclusive give me these awful, awful, awful ideas of it being an autorunner.

Stillmatic

Why? Where did people get the idea ME2 was exclusive to xbone?

There's a few factors that make me think it is:

- There have been rumors for a while of MS going after third party exclusives.
- MS seem to be pretty cosy with EA at the moment. Having a spotlight at the reveal. The first footage we seen from the platform were EA games.
- EA have been a strong proponent for blocking used games, recently dropped their method likely due to MS taking care of it themselves, which would've made EA very happy.
- MS seem to be extremely confident with their E3 conference regarding games.
- Amazon listing.

Alx

Curious how the Kinect controls will work.

Even if ME seems focused on motion, I doubt a full kinect integration would work. Swing your arms to run, jump and duck for real ? It could be a cool bonus mode, but most gamers wouldn't have the stamina to play more than 30 minutes at a time. (there's also the problem of fast turning, wall run etc).
There would probably be regular controls in there, with kinect as an option or for minor features. After all, if MS were funding such an exclusive, it would be to seduce the vocal "core" gamers who have been asking for a sequel.

Of course, all of that is assuming ME2 is a real thing and part of the EA-MS parternship (which sounds more and more plausible).

Bedlam

If this is true, I'm much more shocked at the fact that the current EA actually let DICE make a sequel in the first place considering the Mirrors Edge's critical and sales performance.

Please let it be true T_T....
It's actually not surprising at all. People at EA said numerous times that they haven't forgotten the IP and that they want to bring it back. Dice devs gave hints as well and according to rumors they have been experimenting with the sequel for years.

keit4

Banned
Why is all the people saying that it's going to be a Kinect game? DICE already said that they are not interested in motion controls. Also, Microsoft doesn't need to sell you Kinect anymore, the thing is included in the box, so there is no need to push it this time.

Bedlam

If EA was smart/greedy...than making it simply an XboxOne exclusive would be an idiotic way to increase sales.

Make it XboxOne, PS4, PC, PS3, 360, WiiU, and maybe even Vita to get that sales chart wheel churning.
It's not going to sell a lot anyway. So EA might as well just take that bag of money from MS. It's really the perfect candidate for a next-gen console exclusive.

Acheteedo

Why is all the people saying that it's going to be a Kinect game? DICE already said that they are not interested in motion controls. Also, Microsoft doesn't need to sell you Kinect anymore, the thing is included in the box, so there is no need to push it this time.

Does it matter if DICE doesn't like it if MS insists on it? Hope you're right though.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Hope its not a dedicated kinect title. I can see a kinect mode working like a 3d version of the iOS game.

so1337

I´m not going to buy it if it´s not. Although i absolutely loved the first one.
If this generation is any indication I'll probably end up with all the next-gen consoles anyway so ultimately it doesn't really matter that much.

Xbox exclusive would be the stupidest shit ever. Dudebros shunned Mirror's Edge.
Dudebros will buy the console regardless. What they want to do is convince the "core" and they'll fall for this too.

I'd rather skip this if it were Xbone exclusive.

Krilekk

Banned
Didn't think the original sold very well? Why would someone money hat this?

Cause with games like this you get the core gamers. Just watch all the MS trolling in here, core wants this game. Bad. And they don't want it on X1 but it's happening and they're gonna have to buy an X1.

I'm glad it's happening and I am so fucking afraid it's happening.

i agree with this. i am so excited because this is one of the sequels i've been begging for.

but i fear it will be xbone exclusive and i fear they will dumb down the mechanics.

announce a PC version and that you can play through the whole game without firing a gun and i'll be content

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I wouldn't get my knickers in a twist over 'exclusives' in the early days of a generation.

If the passing gen was anything to go by, third party games from big publishers, announced as exclusives, wind up being multiplatform at one point or another. With rare exceptions.

Depending on the colour of Microsoft's platform overall, I'll see if I'll wait on this or not.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I really hope that this game can avoid being ruined by EA. The worst parts of the original were the story and the guns, sadly knowing EA those are the parts they will try to expand.

That feeling of freedom while you smoothly, swiftly navigate rooftops being punctured by a sudden police ambush and subsequent desperate escape, that's what the game is about. It had such a unique vibe, relaxing yet exhilarating.. Please don't destroy that by adding more guns and more NPCs.

Lakitu

st5fu
On the plus side, if it is a Kinect game, it would make for a hilarious demonstration at Microsoft's press conference. I can just imagine some guy sprinting and jumping on the spot.

I'm not gonna have any expectations on this. EA has done to much wrong the last years for me to feel excited about this right now. They're welcome to prove me wrong, but until they have done that I'm going to expect them to screw this game with either DRM, Kinect, DLC or guns.

Cause with games like this you get the core gamers. Just watch all the MS trolling in here, core wants this game. Bad. And they don't want it on X1 but it's happening and they're gonna have to buy an X1.

Nobody's gonna buy a console for Mirror's Edge. The people who want the game will just be annoyed for a while as they wait for the inevitable ports.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Lol why wouldn't we want it on Xbone? What the majority don't want is some dumbass kinect-only exclusive ME2. Simple as that. This game should be on all platforms for mass accessibility.

baekshi

Banned

Nope. Sooner or later, the exclusivity contract is going to expire.

AOC83

Banned
If this generation is any indication I'll probably end up with all the next-gen consoles anyway so ultimately it doesn't really matter that much.

Well, i´m not going to support Microsofts anti consumer policies regardless of the games released on this platform.

PaulloDEC

I'm making an effort not to be excited for this, in case it's an Xbox exclusive or, y'know, not really happening.

If it comes to PC, PS3 or PS4, I'm there Day One.

Top Bottom