• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Launch Trailer - Why We Run

red731

giphy.gif

HYPE

Alienous

Good or bad the visual designers behind this deserve a raise. I don't know how much they're paying them but double it.

CHC

Man this looks good but the writing is SOOOO bad. All the characters who look like something out of a workout video ad, and the mid-20s voices with that hilariously fake sense of gravitas and weight. So amazingly lame.

But ehhh it's not like I come to Mirror's Edge for the story, anyway.

Wow...loved it. The music meshed with the visuals perfectly, and brought me back to when I first played the original. Can't wait to step into the world of Mirror's Edge once again.

Flipyap

Man this looks good but the writing is SOOOO bad. All the characters who look like something out of a workout video ad, and the mid-20s voices with that hilariously fake sense of gravitas and weight. So amazingly lame.

They look like they're part of a revolutionary movement started by Derek Zoolander.

_woLf

I really, really hope they've improved the graphics since the beta.

Or at least the lighting. I want to be able to see people in shadows - the beta had some of the worst shadow lighting I've ever seen in a current gen game.

The writing is reminding me of Rise of the Tomb Raider, everything's so labored and overdramatic but it falls totally flat.

To be fair, it's not like I loved ME1 because of its writing or anything. I'm so ambivalent about the game, I'm really curious how it will turn out.

CHC

The environments and physics looks amazing though:

OgpVvSw.gif

They look like they're part of a revolutionary movement started by Derek Zoolander.

haha yes exactly

The writing is reminding me of Rise of the Tomb Raider, everything's so labored and overdramatic without any actual tension.

To be fair, it's not like I loved ME1 because of its writing or anything. I'm so ambivalent about the game, I'm really curious how it will turn out.

Yeah I was actually surprised Rhianna Pratchett DIDN'T write this one (she did the first Mirror's Edge) because it seems to be her usual style.

NeoRaider

The environments and physics looks amazing though:

OgpVvSw.gif

Not sure what are they doing with these trailers but this is so much "cleaner" when you compare it to the closed beta from few weeks ago. I really hope that they improved the graphics because game doesn't look this good. Xbox One/PS4 versions are even worse.

KingJ2002

Graphics look good... but something about this game isn't selling me like the first one did... this game seems kinda hollow... i dunno.

golem

Like the environments theyre showing. Cant wait to mod out the dirty footprints decal though, ugh hate that.

Not sure what are they doing with these trailers but this is so much "cleaner" when you compare it to the closed beta from few weeks ago.

I mean, they could just be doing the thing every pub does and just showing the PC version. That would be rather unsurprising.

AngryMoth

This looks great. Between uncharted, stellaris, doom, overwatch and now maybe this too I have spent a shit load of money on games in the last month...

NeoRaider

I mean, they could just be doing the thing every pub does and just showing the PC version. That would be rather unsurprising.

I played the beta on PC and i am not the only one that noticed this. Even their earlier trailers look so much better compared to what we got in the beta.

domlolz

Banned
my expectations for this game are very very low since the impressions from the beta. i dont have much Faith in dice these days. hope im pleasantly surprised.

Acinixys

My expectations are high but I will wait for GAF to comment and for reviews before I dive in

I love the first ME but if this is a big departure i might have to wait on it

Zojirushi

Gotta hope Dice won't pull some crazy downgrade shit after the launch trailer because that gameplay is not what the beta looked like. At all. Unless my memories are comepletely clouded. Fingers crossed for some serious improvements.

Other than that I'm more excited than ever. Give it to me now!

Top Bottom