• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst Launch Trailer - Why We Run

My expectations are high but I will wait for GAF to comment and for reviews before I dive in

I love the first ME but if this is a big departure i might have to wait on it

Try the EA/Origin Early Access!!!!

If you have a PS4.... wait for other to play =(

Still don't know why Sony don't do the same with EA. It has an amazing value.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Not sure what are they doing with these trailers but this is so much "cleaner" when you compare it to the closed beta from few weeks ago. I really hope that they improved the graphics because game doesn't look this good. Xbox One/PS4 versions are even worse.
That closed beta was a really old barebones build of the game. You shouldn't expect substantial improvements, (PC build will look much better than the console versions), but it will look and run better than in the beta. Really glad they prioritized 60fps.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I see so many fights... I really hope there's no much of them and in case they're all almost skippable... plz

Big Nikus

The beta killed my hype. And I actually miss the simplicity of the story in the first game now.
I'll play it because I love Mirror's Edge, but I won't buy it at launch, I will wait a few months.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I will buy this. I probably won't finish it cause I know that I will burn out doing all the sidequests but I will still enjoy it.

Warriorr

Neo Member
I'll definitely get it day one but gosh... looking at this after playing the beta is like seeing a completly different game.

GavinUK86

That was a really good trailer. Was the music Solar Fields?

I just hope DICE have fixed the Windows 7 issue that the beta had. I don't fancy installing 10 onto another drive just for one game.

Ri'Orius

That looked amazing, I'm super hyped, but it sounds like the beta wasn't good? What all did the beta cover: was it just multiplayer?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
That looked amazing, I'm super hyped, but it sounds like the beta wasn't good? What all did the beta cover: was it just multiplayer?

There's no multiplayer. Just player made runs or trials.

The beta was fine. I was doubting I'd like it with the gameplay changes, and despite my worries, the game plays great.

My only complain were the graphics, which were obviously from a very old build.

J@hranimo

Banned
It's pretty amazing that EA is allowing Dice to finally make a new installment after all of this time. This game looks so good, I can't wait to get my hands on it next month!

please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good please be good ...

Edit: If the open world parkour is as fun as or better than Dying Light I'll be on cloud nine.

The beta looked like a beta. Stop using it to judge graphics.

The movement/gameplay in the beta felt perfect, or very nearly so, and that's what ultimately matters.

I see so many fights... I really hope there's no much of them and in case they're all almost skippable... plz

I think that's just because fights make for good trailer material. Outside of the tutorial, combat in the beta was very quick and usually skippable.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Been hearing mostly negative comments on the beta, and quite recently Gamespot had a quite scathing critique of that. Pretty sure the game will get hammered in reviews, and won't fare much better on the consumer side of things.

Still paid off my pre-order today. I mean, I've been waiting nearly a decade for this game. Nothing will push me away from it. Most of the negatives aren't things that affect me: I prefer open-world to levels. I like having to unlock skills with RPG-like levelling. I already enjoyed the combat in the first game.

Plus it's probably the last ME game we'll ever play. So no, I won't skip it. On topic, I thought the trailer looked absolutely gorgeous. Loving the variety I see in the city. I just can't wait to run around the place.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Gorgeous.

Been hearing mostly negative comments on the beta, and quite recently Gamespot had a quite scathing critique of that. Pretty sure the game will get hammered in reviews, and won't fare much better on the consumer side of things.

Still paid off my pre-order today. I mean, I've been waiting nearly a decade for this game. Nothing will push me away from it. Most of the negatives aren't things that affect me: I prefer open-world to levels. I like having to unlock skills with RPG-like levelling. I already enjoyed the combat in the first game.

Plus it's probably the last ME game we'll ever play. So no, I won't skip it. On topic, I thought the trailer looked absolutely gorgeous. Loving the variety I see in the city. I just can't wait to run around the place.

?

The beta was fantastic, and from what DICE has shown recently the full game is huge compared to the beta.

Feep

Banned
I hate Origin with a fiery passion, but the beta performance on PS4 was so, so weak.

I'll have to bite the bullet on this one, I think.

Warriorr

Neo Member
A developer just released a video playing the game and you can see that in fact they removed a lot of the buildings for the beta. Just look at the the different backgrounds.

1464378782-mecbetavsgame.jpg

Warriorr

Neo Member
The HUD is completely different. Who knows if this is a recent or a very old build. I see there's a minimap. Never seen that before in this game.

The mini-map was in the beta. It appears after you destroy the antenna and you have to run away.

You can clearly see it's a more recent build than the beta one as there are more buildings and the textures are better.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Finally watched the trailer, oh DAMN the new areas shown here look straight sexy.

And the Solar Fields music - more people need to talk about that piece in this trailer, oh so good.

border

Are they offering a free copy of Mirror's Edge 360 to people who pre-order? It's backwards compatible on Xbox One.

Top Bottom