• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

You guys level so fast! I'm barely getting most of my recodeables to level 80 on their second job. Doesn't help that I end up procrastinating 20-1 runs and do 23-4 to burn stamina instead, so slow.
I don't know about the others, but I had most of my SS at 70 for all 3 jobs weeks before the DNA patch came out. Getting 70-80 wasn't so bad.

Most tedious thing was waiting for item up days so I can get them materials.

Hige

I had most of my characters at 65/65/70 or 65/65/65, so it's a bit more legwork to get to 80. In some cases my levels were even lower, like the second job for SS mages where leveling to 65 for regen wasn't worth it lol.

Now the main issue is trying to avoid creating holes in my team and not recode everything at once. Any idea when a Lambda character's stats are on par with a level 70 SS on job 3?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I had most of my characters at 65/65/70 or 65/65/65, so it's a bit more legwork to get to 80. In some cases my levels were even lower, like the second job for SS mages where leveling to 65 for regen wasn't worth it lol.

Now the main issue is trying to avoid creating holes in my team and not recode everything at once. Any idea when a Lambda character's stats are on par with a level 70 SS on job 3?
Around 60 I think.

Momentary

Banned

I don't have a 70 but at 75 Jennish has. 3835 HP and 377 Magic

Zerro Lambda at 64 has 4222HP and 359 Magic

My primary team is at Level 60 now, used up some Metal Tickets at zero hour while at my favorite bar.

I guess it's Chapter Twenty for the next few days, hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to start attempting the Last Story dungeon.

eOrVjme.jpg

Profound Sadness. i'm actually further away than i thought!

Visceir

Thanks!

The Terra Battle Wiki says SS mages have 3580 HP and 354 MATK at level 70, so I guess early 60's is about right for Lambda then.

They do have Magic Metabolism -- if you're running 2 capsule characters in your team then a mage can easily have +40 - 100 extra magic attack. Even higher if you're running characters that have the matching element capsules.

+skills to cover new areas on the screen and dish out more damage that way (if you're doing farming/leveling)

I've gotten my A'misandra's 2 job levels to lvl 80, one more to go....Still need all her DNA recode items (mantle helixes, ether) and to level up the monsters required for the recode. She is still ways off from her lambda lvl 80 where she might actually become useful to me :(. I do like that I'll be getting 40% SB if I recode her, so she'll be at least 60+% as her lambda form.

Visceir

Got the last skills for Piz'fer Λ and Olber Λ. The magic bomb is quite neat, gives you another way to deal high damage (power 3) somewhere where you might not usually reach.

I'm sure I'll find use for Olber's skill too once I actually tackle something that can deal meaningful damage to my party.

Guess I can start farming TLS dungeon again now.

duckroll

Can someone who has been doing TLS dungeon a lot please share the starting location order for the party in the first battle. I think I'm almost ready to give Perfect Fate another try, maybe tomorrow, but I want the position order to be perfect so knowing where each position starts would help a lot. Thanks!

Visceir

Can someone who has been doing TLS dungeon a lot please share the starting location order for the party in the first battle. I think I'm almost ready to give Perfect Fate another try, maybe tomorrow, but I want the position order to be perfect so knowing where each position starts would help a lot. Thanks!

You can see the starting positions in this video

I would use the 4th character to move and pincer with the 1st and character vertically, getting all but the bottom right character (healer) aligned for the attack.

Visceir

Still need to fill lots of criterias to get the good ending though. If you don't follow a guide you won't get any of the characters.

Meeps

You can see the starting positions in this video

I would use the 4th character to move and pincer with the 1st and character vertically, getting all but the bottom right character (healer) aligned for the attack.

Thanks for the help! I finally went for it and was shocked that I got it on my first try. The drag time is definitely more forgiving than it seems.

Used Bahl, Ma'curi, Lunaken (for Evasive Arts), Korin (Frequency boost for Bahl and increasing def for swords to help keep NPCs alive), Jennish, and Kuscah.

*sigh*

i really shoulda have SB grinded some chars.

on the upside, s'naip zuzu bahl grace kuscah and pizfer are all 80+

Kapori is 72 so i might get him up there.

someone mentioned korin's 10% boost to sword users...that might come in handy. i have 20 days...i'll start panicking around 1 week left.

HawthorneKitty

Thanks for the help! I finally went for it and was shocked that I got it on my first try. The drag time is definitely more forgiving than it seems.

Used Bahl, Ma'curi, Lunaken (for Evasive Arts), Korin (Frequency boost for Bahl and increasing def for swords to help keep NPCs alive), Jennish, and Kuscah.
Well you have an ideal team with the most important components. Evasive Arts really gives people a ton of leeway in terms of time.

duckroll

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

I got Perfect Fate!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Managed it with Bahl/Korin/Kapori/Calista/Samatha/Pupropu. Took a lot of S/L in the final two battles but goddamn it was worth it. With the party I ran, it turns out the time limit wasn't my biggest issue, but not rather not getting people accidentally killed since there wasn't Heal All. Calista's Ancient Barrier actually helped a lot in instances where everyone was grouped together.

The first time I beat it, a Kapori/Bahl pincer accidentally killed the boss before Zael could initiate his pincer, and I got Blind Fate instead. I S/L'd so hard before the ending could finish, lol. It was my first time seeing that ending though, and I was surprised they even had alternate artwork for Calista in the hood. They sure put a lot of effort into this event.

When I got the proper ending, seeing the "And when might that be?" line was soooooooooooooooooo satisfying. <3 <3 <3

duckroll

Not having Heal All really starts to hurt towards the end of TLS, especially for characters without Heal Self or any form of evasion. Samatha actually died on my run in battle 9, but I didn't S/L because I was making good time and she took down Mitra's shield and left it in a really good position for me to finish the fight off. It was kinda sad seeing her "die" over and over again each time I S/L'd the final battle though. Lol.

Visceir

She was actually my initial character when I started to play the game.

After beating chapter 8 I decided to reroll since she didn't really have any active skills.

Started over again with Piz'fer, no regrets~

Hige

I've only done the TLS dungeon a few times, but I finally got Zael the other day. I tried again immediately after and somehow didn't get either character. :( I didn't think I messed up any of the steps so it was a surprise to not even get Calista.

I have a hard time imagining they'll bring the dungeon back for 30+ days at a time like it is right now, so I feel compelled to get them to 70% before it's over.

Visceir

Probably didn't pincer the killing attack for the final boss with Zael.

Has anyone actually tried to use Zael as a playable character for the dungeon?

Momentary

Banned
Czrekas was the first character I ever pulled from the game. Really wish they would have given him the Lambda treatment.

Probably didn't pincer the killing attack for the final boss with Zael.

Has anyone actually tried to use Zael as a playable character for the dungeon?

After I level him up after getting him to 70% SB, I'm going to try him out in place of my Yulia.

My main team is at Level 70 except S/SS characters.

I guess I'll need to switch out Velraine for a heavy physical damage dealer, but I'll just see how I fare at the moment, there's still plenty of time. She'll probably be near Level 80 by the time my Zerro is 70 anyway, so maybe she can do it.

to be considered pincer lead, a character has to be one of the two first attackers right?

s/he doesn't have to be the one moving right?

EDIT: Got Calista.

i still can't OHKO most enemies even with lvl 80 team of S'naip, Zuzu, Bahl, Grace, Piz'fer, and Kuscah

HawthorneKitty

to be considered pincer lead, a character has to be one of the two first attackers right?

s/he doesn't have to be the one moving right?

EDIT: Got Calista.

i still can't OHKO most enemies even with lvl 80 team of S'naip, Zuzu, Bahl, Grace, Piz'fer, and Kuscah
I always move him for the killing blow turn. Your B% is probably what is stopping your 1hkos.

Visceir

Smart use of power points helps, after the first 2 stages you should usually have one available for use.

It's possible to get 21% SB for Zael in 24 hours, a few days worth of doing TLS dungeon should be enough to have Zael at 70+% SB, which seems enough. The exp for the dungeon isn't all that bad either -- helps me slowly inch A'misandra's last job closer to lvl 80.

Edit: just gave 23-4 a try with only A'misandra and Piz'fer &#923; lvl 81. Got 100 k exp and cleaned out all monsters in last screen.

duckroll

Power Points are definitely very useful strategy for TLS, especially if some members of the party have low SB. Activating one at the right time can cut down 2-3 turns in certain battles, which gives you a couple of seconds more on the final battle.

The exp in the quest is good, but considering how I need to run it with a few lvl90s, it's not that worthwhile for exp alone. The SB for Calista and Zael might be worth it though. Plus, it's good practice for really challenging high end stuff. Lol.

Visceir

I expect two more waves of Z.

They should give Camellia and Suoh Z class evolutions so we could get rid of those godawful illustrations (And make them Available through PoF~)

A'misandra is almost lvl 80 in all jobs! ...I should have abused the MZ4/6 event to get her monsters to lvl 50 :(

Also need all of her decode items still, guess I'll just wait for double item drops.

Kitoro

What's someone got do to try the co-op Arena bosses? I've tried hosting and searching for public rooms for all 6 of the current stages with not one bit of luck. :(

chapter 30 done. finally beat game.

given i was training for LS, i used the same teams as that. didnt care to read up ahead of time. pretty much steamrolled through everything.

HawthorneKitty

What's someone got do to try the co-op Arena bosses? I've tried hosting and searching for public rooms for all 6 of the current stages with not one bit of luck. :(
Do it with us.

given i was training for LS, i used the same teams as that. didnt care to read up ahead of time. pretty much steamrolled through everything.
dat final boss music tho

Foolworm

With the new level cap, the campaign definitely becomes a lot easier. Perhaps a little too much so (
the bad breath attack the final boss had is still rage inducing though
)

Do it with us.dat final boss music tho

Wait, there are neogaf rooms? I want in on them.

Top Bottom