• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

meow

I'm also down to do the eidolon co-ops, characters aren't quite strong enough for Valkyrie III, I don't think, but fine for the others.

I'd also be interested in trying to strengthen lamia when she comes back if anyone else is still trying to do that also. I have zafitte/zeera/kana/rzonand/amisandra so can help fill in a team depending on what others have.

Xetherion

Welp. Cleared Last Story, but only got Calista. My team consisted of

Czekras J2 74 (J3 unlocked and leveled to 20 for skill slot)
Sorman J3 90
Amerpact J3 90
Snaip J3 85
Suoh J1 86 (J3 73, but used J1 for sword bonus against all the bows)
Kapori J3 84

Czekras and Amerpact together give me 9 element attacks so I can take down Mitra's shield in one turn, so i'm not taking either of them out. Snaip and Sorman stay obviously. Kapori is my best pure Sword so I don't think I could replace him with anyone better. The only change I could possibly improve my team with is use Suoh in J3 instead, for better damage vs the bosses. Though he won't be as good at killing all the bows then...

What do you guys think? Should I switch Suoh to J3 and grind some levels?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Welp. Cleared Last Story, but only got Calista. My team consisted of

Sorman J3 90
Amerpact J3 90
Snaip J3 85
Kapori J3 84

Czekras and Amerpact together give me 9 element attacks so I can take down Mitra's shield in one turn, so i'm not taking either of them out. Snaip and Sorman stay obviously. Kapori is my best pure Sword so I don't think I could replace him with anyone better. The only change I could possibly improve my team with is use Suoh in J3 instead, for better damage vs the bosses. Though he won't be as good at killing all the bows then...

I keep mine in Spear, but I have him at 100%, getting the constant 1.2x and steamrolling everything. I think it's more important to be good against the enemies on previous floors as S'naip should be the one determining factor for clearing the final boss and Suoh is just good enough in any of his forms.

duckroll

Damn, just got Alternate Fate for today's TLS run. I cleared the final battle the fastest I could too, so messing up in some of the previous battles probably screwed me of a few seconds. Positioning is so so so so so important in terms of saving movement time.

Visceir

Sorman J3 90
Amerpact J3 90
Snaip J3 85
Kapori J3 84

In that team I'd probably replace Czekras, isn't he pretty much trash in all the other floors? Can't really make any suggestions if we don't know what other characters you have available.

I'd possibly even favor Grace over Czekras.

I've got a Level 1 Valkyrie public room open of anyone wants to join!

Tried looking for public rooms to help you out, but the game couldn't find any.

Kitoro

Just reopened it!

Hot damn.. Fired it off with just a second player, and the person left at the start of the match, and my Gugba got two shotted in the first turn. This mode ain't messing around! :

Visceir

Any tips on where to find a community outlet for setting this stuff up?

The terrabattleforum chat was a convenient way to get my 20 co-op private matches done. I imagine most people there have all the eidolons completed and don't care much for doing co-op for those though and doing something like 6-8 for metal tickets might be more of interest.

Here are the bonuses I talked about:

If it's your first time playing with someone in a Private Room, you are able to receive a New Ally Bonus after clearing the stage. Presents are not distributed for playing in a Public Room.

New Ally Bonuses are distributed in the following way:

・1-4 invitations: Energy x1
 ・5 invitations: Energy x3
 ・6-9 invitations: Energy x1
 ・10 invitations: Energy x3
 ・11-14 invitations: Metal Ticket x3
 ・15 invitations: Energy x3
 ・16-19 invitations: Metal Ticket x3
 ・20 invitations: Energy x3

duckroll

Do we have enough people on NeoGAF playing the game to organize regular Co-op runs? I wouldn't mind playing if I'm available, and I don't mind not having exp and coins. I've completed the base levels for Artemis, Chaos, and Valkyrie, but I haven't had a chance to do the higher runs, so I haven't upgraded anything. Oh and fuck Lamia. :)

HawthorneKitty

Do we have enough people on NeoGAF playing the game to organize regular Co-op runs? I wouldn't mind playing if I'm available, and I don't mind not having exp and coins. I've completed the base levels for Artemis, Chaos, and Valkyrie, but I haven't had a chance to do the higher runs, so I haven't upgraded anything. Oh and fuck Lamia. :)
I'm game, especially if we get a general timeframe for me to expect it.
or at least a heads-up

Kitoro

Thanks for the info!

Just completed Level 1 Valkyrie, but only got coins and a book. Do I have to keep running Level 1 until she drops, or is that not how this works?

HawthorneKitty

Thanks for the info!

Just completed Level 1 Valkyrie, but only got coins and a book. Do I have to keep running Level 1 until she drops, or is that not how this works?
Yeah, but you want the books anyways.
Sorry, you can get them at any level,

them as in eidolon

Visceir

I wouldn't mind helping out and doing some co-op, but the last time I tried to have organize a game here I had to leave the room open for a good hour before anyone joined. It's more of the nature of how forums work -- other people seeing the post might take a while.

I haven't done Valkyrie myself and lack the right characters for higher level chaos stuff.

duckroll

I think given the nature of a forum, it's not a good idea to spontaneously open a room and wait, yeah. It would be better if we could set a time maybe on weekends or on a day where no one really needs to spend Stamina on more important stuff, and let people know in advance, and do a few games for 30-60 mins in a group, with rotation if there are more than 3 people. That also allows discussion of strategy and so on beforehand, and knowing what characters the other players have.

So far I've only done co-op with friends in person and over IRC. I've had zero luck with public rooms. There doesn't seem to be much interest in matchmaking for the game, lol. A bit unfortunate.

Xetherion

In that team I'd probably replace Czekras, isn't he pretty much trash in all the other floors? Can't really make any suggestions if we don't know what other characters you have available.

I'd possibly even favor Grace over Czekras.

Amerpact only has 4 attacks, so if i took Czekras out it would take me 3 turns to get rid of Mitra's shield. Forget that. Besides, Czekras isn't trash. I'm pretty sure he outdamages all my other characters not in this team anyway except Odin and maaaaybe Grace, but Odin has <10% SB. Czekras is also great on the floors with fire enemies. I'm not really looking for suggestions on replacing anybody, I've already selected the best ones i have from my limited pool. I was just looking for opinions on which job Suoh should use.

HawthorneKitty

I think given the nature of a forum, it's not a good idea to spontaneously open a room and wait, yeah. It would be better if we could set a time maybe on weekends or on a day where no one really needs to spend Stamina on more important stuff, and let people know in advance, and do a few games for 30-60 mins in a group, with rotation if there are more than 3 people. That also allows discussion of strategy and so on beforehand, and knowing what characters the other players have.

So far I've only done co-op with friends in person and over IRC. I've had zero luck with public rooms. There doesn't seem to be much interest in matchmaking for the game, lol. A bit unfortunate.
It's great for like... the first two days of release of a new Eidolon. The first is nobody knowing what to do; the second is everyone steamrolling it. The third day is a wasteland.

Visceir

I thought co-op was amazingly fun at first, then I got to Chaos 3 and realized my party is rather useless without any of the characters needed for it and I just gave up and pretty much forgot about Eidolons and co-op alltogether.

I know it's enjoyable but I feel like I'm not missing out on much not doing the eidolon battles -- especially since you can't use them in single player.

I'm more curious how they plan to implement pvp. There's no way they would do a 6vs6 battles, right? It would be nearly impossible to balance that, I imagine.

GeoGonzo

I thought co-op was amazingly fun at first, then I got to Chaos 3 and realized my party is rather useless without any of the characters needed for it and I just gave up and pretty much forgot about Eidolons and co-op alltogether.

I know it's enjoyable but I feel like I'm not missing out on much not doing the eidolon battles -- especially since you can't use them in single player.

I'm more curious how they plan to implement pvp. There's no way they would do a 6vs6 battles, right? It would be nearly impossible to balance that, I imagine.

Yeah, that would be tricky. They could maybe do it tetris-style, where npc monsters you kill in your board spawn on the other player's board till one of the two players is overrun and defeated by an army of monsters... But some would say that doesn't really count as PvP, so I don't know.

HawthorneKitty

You've been missing out; the animated gestures are the best.

duckroll

I agree that requiring very specific characters for some of the Co-op battles is a big turn off. I would love to tackle Lamia with friends for example, but when it's impossible to build a good team for it, what's the point? The battles themselves are well designed and fun when you have the right stuff, but otherwise it's just frustrating. Summons being Co-op only is also lame. I'm kinda hoping they introduce summons into single player in future to make Eidolons more useful.

Curious about the Versus Mode too. I can't see it being super fun if it's just player parties fighting each other. The way Terra Battle is designed, there has to be some extra element there to add uncertainly and chaos to the battlefield. There should be traps or obstacles in addition to PvP. I also wouldn't mind if there are enemy mobs in the battle as well, so players have to decide when to pincer an enemy and when to pincer the other player's characters.

Foolworm

Chaos is actually one of the better eidolons to prepare for. Bagunar, Tiamat, Vajra and someone with locomotion/healing form a solid if unspectacular team, minimal rolling involved. Just focus everything on Chaos and you're good. Now Lamia on the other hand...

As to PvP, I don't think the characters themselves that are unbalanced; rather, it's unit positioning and movement order. Whoever gets to move first is at a huge disadvantage if starting position is at the bottom of the screen. Perhaps they'll randomize starting positions, but then the advantage tips massively to the other side. It's hard to balance.

I agree that requiring very specific characters for some of the Co-op battles is a big turn off. I would love to tackle Lamia with friends for example, but when it's impossible to build a good team for it, what's the point?

Curious about the Versus Mode too. I can't see it being super fun if it's just player parties fighting each other. The way Terra Battle is designed, there has to be some extra element there to add uncertainly and chaos to the battlefield. There should be traps or obstacles in addition to PvP.

I feel monsters should be made more useful rather than the collect-a-thon trash they are right now. As it is, only Red Starwhip is worth leveling due to a ridiculous game breaking bug, and a couple of monsters that are needed for upgrades. A decent poisoning monster would actually give players a chance at Lamia.

As to PvP, it becomes really cluttered with a 6v6 format and hazards, so smaller parties might help? Agreed that straight up PvP would be boring.

An awesome addition would be a Battle Frontier style mode with randomly generated dungeons and enemies with progressively harder difficulty.

SunGod

Woohoo I got Zael, finally. Is anyone repeating the event to get his SB up? I checked his character page in the wiki and he doesn't look that great?

Do we have enough people on NeoGAF playing the game to organize regular Co-op runs?

I'm game, especially if we get a general timeframe for me to expect it.
or at least a heads-up

I wouldn't mind helping out and doing some co-op

I can co-op. I usually go to the terrabattleforum chat, people are very helpful there.

I'd be up for joining co-op games. I haven't touched it at all so far and would like to collect all of the eidolons. I also basically don't play the game at the moment so I don't have a problem using my stamina to host (I think that's how it works?)

Anyway here's my team:
zp4ct6jl.png

Falk

that puzzling face
Only the host gets coop coins/xp now. Everyone else only gets items

Apparently a cross-section of people were abusing coop using close to a couple dozen accounts to farm xp/coins without using stamina.

Visceir

Woohoo I got Zael, finally. Is anyone repeating the event to get his SB up? I checked his character page in the wiki and he doesn't look that great?

I've gotten Zael's SB to 30% through running the TLS dungeon over and over.

Many people find his Rally skill annoying as it moves your characters 1 tile closer to Zael as it triggers. I really like that skill, the boost to matk/atk is awesome and it rarely bothers me that the characters get moved.

His job 1 lvl 65 Vertical Slice triggers a vertical attack across the screen for every monster you hit, so if you hit a row of monsters horizontally it will cover pretty much the whole screen, that skill helped me out when my mage wasn't strong enough to 1 shot things.

He has 2 skills that boost his defences and draw enemies to him, he also has counterattack all of which makes him a decent tank character.

+he has a Frequency skill which comes handy when trying to boost SB of new characters...or boosting your existing team's SB.

Visceir

60% is when skills start to go off 95% of the time

60% of the time it works every time!

It actually seems quite feasible, considering we're probably still a month off from the new episode. Piz'fer &#923; and Olber &#923; will achieve that, Bahamut isn't that far off, Zuzu is getting close too with the SB. A'misandra will be close to 60% when I DNA recode her. All the PoF SS characters are 100% SB anyway.

Still need 5 Mantle Helix to evolve A'misandra :(

duckroll

They've hit 2.1 million downloads and still haven't announced Download Starter 2 contents. Since it's already the weekend, it doesn't look likely that they'll be rolling anything out until Monday earliest. Mistwalker is so slow.... :(

Still need 5 Mantle Helix to evolve A'misandra :(

May 11 is Item Rate Up day for Chapter 30 I think!

Visceir

They've hit 2.1 million downloads and still haven't announced Download Starter 2 contents. Since it's already the weekend, it doesn't look likely that they'll be rolling anything out until Monday earliest. Mistwalker is so slow.... :(

May 11 is Item Rate Up day for Chapter 30 I think!

Yea, I'm aware of that but I don't really have the patience to wait that long, haha. Using Gatz and Alika will give me somewhat decent odds already, I think.

What do you think the new milestones content will be? I'd be positively surprised if it's anything but new characters/music. Hard to get excited for it when they're already waaay behind with the previous download starter goals. Still haven't gotten that Sakaguchi boss!

duckroll

If one of the milestones for Download Starter 2 isn't "Akihiko Yoshida designs at least one character", I'm going to be pissed!

Momentary

Banned
I've been wanting Gatz for a long time to tag along with my Alika. If they ever have rare monster drops only obtainable through combat, I'll be set. Gto Samatha, Rikken, and Yukken.

Momentary

Banned
I'm down for eidolon battles. I got the characters for Lamia along with a level 3 Xerxes to wipe out the mob of lizards that appear later on in the bossfight. Got Samatha, Alika, and Jennish for Chaos. I'm good for all the fights. I've been wanting to get them out of the way.

duckroll

Samatha is letting me down today. Been farming Pyrowisps to prepare for Lewto's DNA Recode in future. Doesn't look like I'll be able to get 100% SB for them by the end of the day. Probably only up to 50-60%. Will probably have to try again in 15 days. The 19 stamina cost for Chapter 21 doesn't help! :(

HawthorneKitty

I hate these guys. Are there any hints on how to approach this stage? Other than bring some SS mage and hope for the best when moving into a pincer? A video tutorial would be great.
Bring a Bomborg! :D

In other news, just got done recoding everyone and re-recruiting all the monsters back to 100%
All my money is gone, seriously.
Luckily I only need Invincible jobs now and that's not gonna happen.

I've been grinding physical characters all week to try for a shot of Zael. My problem is they have basically no SB. How essential is SB to clearing the stage under 50? Here's the squad I'll be using. If anyone has some tips it'd be appreciated.

Bahl
Korin
Snaip
Amina
Jennish - He has 40%
Samatha - 35%

I also just pulled Suoh but I don't think I can be bothered with the long grind of leveling all his jobs.

Top Bottom