• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

duckroll

Did a 10x Pull to see if I can get Yukken. Not only did I not get Yukken but I got jack shit. All dupes. The only "new" characters were Amina and Bahl because I recoded both of them recently. Meh. Well, Bahl could be useful at least.

Next time I pull I think I'll drop some cash on the game again, probably in Dec if there's a good odds up event. I think they've earned another 50 bucks from me. Hope the upcoming Medieval Scenario is good!

Last day of King Orbling CO-OP. Completely forgot about it.
Ran a few to get the Eidolon and SS King Orb.
Did a 10x Pull to see if I can get Yukken. Not only did I not get Yukken but I got jack shit. All dupes. The only "new" characters were Amina and Bahl because I recoded both of them recently. Meh. Well, Bahl could be useful at least.
If you're patient, you should use that Bahl to re-recode for Bahl^ Luck.
Easy to level B class, and monsters recruitable from PoF (make sure they have max Luck).
Temporal Helix are hardest part, but you might have gotten a few from Noah Trading Post runs.

New fourth Lucia stage is up now.
Has special White Orblings that grants ~0.4 (each) Luck to full team if you pincer them correctly.
Hard to farm though since stamina cost is so high.

1116_lucia.png

Pretty cool Grace is getting a recode. I've been trying to jump back in this game and need to recode Bahl but I heard you can't farm the special guys if I beat chapter 35. How do I get the fragments without beating 35-10?

Pretty cool Grace is getting a recode. I've been trying to jump back in this game and need to recode Bahl but I heard you can't farm the special guys if I beat chapter 35. How do I get the fragments without beating 35-10?
Beating Chapters 35 - 37 reduces the difficulty of the Shin'en and Mutoh fight, but this unfortunately removes the abilty to farm the characters 24/7 since their item pool changes.

This means that you'll need to fight them from 4-5PM or 4-5AM PST to access the hardmode version.
(only time they'll drop as recruitable characters)
They're both cutthroat hardcore endgame content though.

Personally, I've beaten the Chapters anyway. Not going to hassle too much on it.
I haven't beaten Shin'en and Mutoh yet since I lack some characters, but eventually at some point i'll try it.

For the Grace recode items.
If it requires x5 Temporal Helix like Bahl, you can get 3 from the Trading post. (refills every week)
Also drops from 35-10 like you said, but drop rate is one of the worst in the game.
Wait for Ch.35 Double Drop day.

Beating Chapters 35 - 37 reduces the difficulty of the Shin'en and Mutoh fight, but this unfortunately removes the abilty to farm the characters 24/7 since their item pool changes.

This means that you'll need to fight them from 4-5PM or 4-5AM PST to access the hardmode version.
(only time they'll drop as recruitable characters)
They're both cutthroat hardcore endgame content though.

Personally, I've beaten the Chapters anyway. Not going to hassle too much on it.
I haven't beaten Shin'en and Mutoh yet since I lack some characters, but eventually at some point i'll try it.

For the Grace recode items.
If it requires x5 Temporal Helix like Bahl, you can get 3 from the Trading post. (refills every week)
Also drops from 35-10 like you said, but drop rate is one of the worst in the game.
Wait for Ch.35 Double Drop day.

Thanks, I'll try to take my time on what to do. I have a Suoh I need to level and recode while I'm at it. I have the trinity plus him but I need to recode them all, so I have a lot of work ahead of me. Really wish I had better support characters though. I have been using Yukken ^ as my mover, though I'm crossing my fingers for a recode of her sister (and Sheena!) eventually.

Vena

So my phone is in some quasi state of bricked and not-bricked. And I ordered a new phone to replace it (huzzah upgrading from a G2 to a G4, which means I will also have a decent camera for my photo hobbie). The bricking/not-bricking mentioned has seemingly murdered my save of TerraBattle, though, and I just got some urges to play again.

So... I think I have to start over.

What has changed in the last... while? Can I still re-roll the start to get some decent free pulls or did they gut that?

Edit: Nevermind managed to be smarter than myself in the past, and recovered my account. Hurrah.

4.4.0 is out.

Vengeful Heart scenario will be available later today.
2dkxtXP.png

New Lich Kino stages also.
YQhj9OP.png

Invincible Λ will be "free"-ish from Pact of Fellowship.
(not Amano art) ;_;

Mobius Final Fantasy event will make a comeback with a new stage and Echo Λ recode.

Baliis

Man too many events simultaneously for me. I wasn't playing when they did the 8bit and Kino monsters before so there's gonna be 3 of those next week, plus Lucia still (only need one more compass though) plus the new event? Ack.

Just started playing this game. Put about 2 hours into it so far. I have Amina (?) and Yukken from the beginning rolls. Is this a game where I need to reroll to enjoy it or am I fine?

vladisaac

Just started playing this game. Put about 2 hours into it so far. I have Amina (?) and Yukken from the beginning rolls. Is this a game where I need to reroll to enjoy it or am I fine?

No need to reroll to enjoy most of the available contents. And you already have nice characters which will be useful even for the end game. You're good to go!

Man too many events simultaneously for me. I wasn't playing when they did the 8bit and Kino monsters before so there's gonna be 3 of those next week, plus Lucia still (only need one more compass though) plus the new event? Ack.
New event is going to last for 2 months though.

As for the Kino/8-Bit battles overlapping, you only need to focus on one of the 3 for the Trading Post items.

Vena

Would it be better to keep farming Lucia till her even ends for the SBing before Recoding, or, since she's Z class after recode and slow as sin to level, just promote her now (~35% resultant SB) and start leveling her ever so slowly.

Only other character I ever promoted was Piz'fer and he was with me since start so there wasn't much choice there since he had 100% SBed before I had even reached the point in time where I could Recode him.

Vena

Was trying to do Lucia IV but my app crashed and then I was loaded back to the usual News splash page...? Is that a bug or something?

duckroll

Can't believe it looks like Vengeful Heart is bugged at the moment with no way to attain Clara. Mistwalkerrrrrrrrrrrrr! Otherwise it's a superb new event scenario.

Anyone know what Lich seems to be weak to?

Lightning works, physical also works. Lich Kino is a pretty easy fight on all levels. No bullshit like 8-bit battles.

Can't believe it looks like Vengeful Heart is bugged at the moment with no way to attain Clara. Mistwalkerrrrrrrrrrrrr! Otherwise it's a superb new event scenario.
I just read about this. I hope they patch soon.

I'm surprised how much I've discovered playing it blind.
Pretty much explored 3-4 different paths.
It's better than "The Last Story" in a way, although that scenario had the old characters for the charm.

Trading Post has some good stuff this week.
Companion tickets are a must buy, and 20x Flawless Helix for those super recodes.

Lightning works, physical also works. Lich Kino is a pretty easy fight on all levels. No bullshit like 8-bit battles.

After some experimenting he seems to take reduced physical damage of at least bow and spear. I had some success using a level 70 Jennish and a bunch of mages, who appeared to do normalish damage.

Vena

So how exactly does Luck level? Is it completely random or is it based on getting an item drop from an enemy when involved in a pincer?

Also I noticed that they changed the stamina reqs for the lower 5 chapters, what prevents me from sitting there and farming 5-4 (I think?) for like 13k exp/stamina?

Baliis

So how exactly does Luck level? Is it completely random or is it based on getting an item drop from an enemy when involved in a pincer?

Also I noticed that they changed the stamina reqs for the lower 5 chapters, what prevents me from sitting there and farming 5-4 (I think?) for like 13k exp/stamina?

Afaik, luck increases are just a chance based on the energy spent on the stage, so a 40 stam stage has a higher chance than a 10 stam stage to increase luck at the end. I think its a minimum of 8 stamina to get luck?

There's nothing preventing that other than time and your own sanity.

Vena

Afaik, luck increases are just a chance based on the energy spent on the stage, so a 40 stam stage has a higher chance than a 10 stam stage to increase luck at the end. I think its a minimum of 8 stamina to get luck?

There's nothing preventing that other than time and your own sanity.

Cool. I will use those lower levels to clear out some PoF pulls then like the Lizard/Beastfolk and such since they are all at 1stam levels now and thats a lot cheaper than 3kg. On boosted days it shouldn't take long.

duckroll

So glad Mistwalker bumped up the OII drop rate for 100 Luck teams on the Dailies significantly. Been getting two OII companions a day since the patch. Very soon I won't fear those stupid traps anymore! :D

Vengeful Heart is still broken, so I'm just grabbing Clara's job items first.

Vena

So I seem to be stuck, damage wise, on Lucia L but not really having problems with health though I am also unsure if I have much in the way of an option to fix this problem before the event ends. I get stuck towards the mid-point almost always on the healer coming in and with my units being all spread out, I can't quite get the damage to kill it in one round and it just heals itself and Lucia L up to near full while I waste time trying to burn it down.

I have Zorro and Camilla but they're both too far from useful as I only got them very recently, and I do plan to recode Koko as I have the materials once I finish leveling her but I can't do it now since leveling her Z will take ages (I plan to promote both her and Lucia to L after the Lucia event is over). Other than maybe replacing Maralith (who's plague is very useful) for something like Lunaken, I don't see ways of gaining much in the way of damage right now and I may have to just grind some levels today and try for Lucia L tomorrow.

I just want to down her once before she leaves, haha.

I also just don't have that many characters, Korin and Parhl are my only other decently good units that aren't visible and I have like a small handful of B's. I beat the game up till 34 with effectively just Piz'fer and Sheena who I've had since the start, lol.

Edit: I beat it, getting Piz'fer up to 85 helped a lot as he and Sheena could kill the healer in one pincer alone.

Finally took the time to finish the last path of Vengeful Heart.

It was harder than I thought. More challenging than the one in "The Last Story" for sure.
Then ending credits show up with new "4U" song playing, which made it sweeter.

Really well made scenario.
I hope they don't wait another year for next one.
Matsuno?

Still no Clara drop fix, but since only initial path drops, it's not a huge loss.

duckroll

Pro-tip for players who feel stuck on the highest end event fights for the game: Make sure you have a lvl90 party. Having a bunch of lvl70s and 80s might not always cut it, because the game has been running for 2 years now and this is all considered basically end-game content they're adding. So the balance basically expects players to have lvl90 parties and still want a bit of fun.

Vena

Pro-tip for players who feel stuck on the highest end event fights for the game: Make sure you have a lvl90 party. Having a bunch of lvl70s and 80s might not always cut it, because the game has been running for 2 years now and this is all considered basically end-game content they're adding. So the balance basically expects players to have lvl90 parties and still want a bit of fun.

Ya I've noticed this, I scraped by in Lucia L and even had trouble with the Storm Witch because so much of my damage is Piz'fer and just Piz'fer.

My goal right now is finishing off Piz'fer (he's nearly there at 88, but Z's take so much exp its bonkers), Calista so that I have a decent-ish Healer, getting Lucia L up to 90 now, and then Koko L. That will give me a solid team but I still have huge walls in typing, like Leviathan... I can't use Piz'fer, for example. Lucia L gives me a decent mix-up mage for typing and she has solid non-elemental magic.

I won't be able to finish Vengeful Heart for a while, though, since I made it to the last path, last fight but I just don't have the damage right now. Half of my team is dead weight and/or gets killed in two hits. Thankfully it lasts for two months!

Grace ^ available!
She's no Bahl ^, but she was my very first card draw at launch. Auto-recode!
7v73vsc.png

Marilith Kino is up. If you want to recode Clara > Z, need to cap her while available.
(might rotate back in a few weeks though)
1202_marilith.png

Vena

Half stamina coin creeps in the Arena, and 89 Metal Zone as well.

I am going to try and polish off a ton of the PoF with this event, and then recode Koko.

Aside: Where do these Temporal Helixes drop? I want to recode Grace eventually (my starter), but I am unsure if I am far enough in the story to reach their drops. The trading post only has three of these as well.

GordonShumway

Neo Member
Aside: Where do these Temporal Helixes drop? I want to recode Grace eventually (my starter), but I am unsure if I am far enough in the story to reach their drops. The trading post only has three of these as well.

35-10. They only have a 5% drop rate (without double drop day). There's always 3 in the Trading Post (so far at least), so it may be easiest to grab 3 now and then 2 more when the TP refreshes in a few days.

duckroll

The days of grinding for Helixes is over once the Trading Post went up. :p

Man this Metal Zone 7 arena special is so well timed. I think I'll be able to recode Clara and get my Grace^ and Amepact^ up to lvl90 within the period. Mmmmmm. Already got Snaip^ up to 90.

Vena

Thanks. Next time the post updates, I will be able to upgrade Grace.

That said, I should have promoted Koko to Koko^ ages ago, her +4sec addition to the clock makes positioning so much easier. And it lets me free up a slot on Sheena for more swords, making her my highest damage dealer in physical at the moment (and in farming Marilith Kino since she seems to love making Piz'fer^ useless).

duckroll

Lol Koko. I have Koko and haven't recoded her either since I have Samatha^. She's on a backburner like a number of other characters I have because I simply have too many characters.

Managed to use almost all my Metal Tickets and EXP Capsules in the past week and now I have lvl90 Sanip^, Grace^, Amapect^, Raprow^. Hoping to get a couple more Bahl O II drops on Marilith Kino III today before the event expires.

Next goal is to get Ella^ from Vengeful Heart, capture Clara up to SB 60% to recode to a 100% Clara^, recode Suoh^ for another 100L character (need Kraken Kino to return...), and capture Ella O as well for collection purposes.

Terra Battle is better than ever! Can't wait for more campaign chapters next year, and MATSUNO WORLD! :D

Vena

Lol Koko. I have Koko and haven't recoded her either since I have Samatha^. She's on a backburner like a number of other characters I have because I simply have too many characters.

Easy for me, I only have a handful of characters and even fewer high ranked ones. :p

duckroll

Easy for me, I only have a handful of characters and even fewer high ranked ones. :p

Yeah I wasn't looking down at her as a character, I was just... errr.... I guess... showing off. Lol. I mean, I put so much time into the game, I can't help it! Hahaha.

Too bad about the gacha though. I would really, really love to see all the Terra Battle characters and their little stories populate a more expansive RPG world in a larger scale game. Come on Gooch!!!

Vena

Yeah I wasn't looking down at her as a character, I was just... errr.... I guess... showing off. Lol. I mean, I put so much time into the game, I can't help it! Hahaha.

Too bad about the gacha though. I would really, really love to see all the Terra Battle characters and their little stories populate a more expansive RPG world in a larger scale game. Come on Gooch!!!

I had read up on her way back (probably has changed since), and she's supposedly one of the best spear units in the game (major downside being the elemental typing), but who knows! I just love her +4 Control Time. :D

The gatcha has been weird for me, though, I've pulled a lot but I have had the oddest of luck. I've pulled Piz'fer, Zerro, Koko, and Sheena multiple times each for my SS draws. Its the weirdest of things. I've pulled Koko FOUR times. I'd love to have more good units but my luck won't seemingly allow it, so I scrape by with what I have and event units like Lucia. I want to recode Clara but I cannot find the luck to get Marilith Kino to drop even though I've run it so much.

I also have Bahl and Ma'curi but I don't use either because I am dumb and hate having the best DPS on my team! (I just play with my favorites, haha.)

(Also I don't really spend any money, I am a leech!)

duckroll

I had read up on her way back (probably has changed since), and she's supposedly one of the best spear units in the game (major downside being the elemental typing), but who knows! I just love her +4 Control Time. :D

Yes the +4 Control Time is amazing. I'm just saying, I already have Samatha, who is the Lightning version of Koko (with negotiator), so I'm less motivated to recode Koko. I've been spending my time boosting sword and bow characters instead because they were my gaps. My luck early in the game gravitated towards spear and magic users. Lol.

Vena

Yes the +4 Control Time is amazing. I'm just saying, I already have Samatha, who is the Lightning version of Koko (with negotiator), so I'm less motivated to recode Koko. I've been spending my time boosting sword and bow characters instead because they were my gaps. My luck early in the game gravitated towards spear and magic users. Lol.

Ahh, I'd love to have a negotiator, haha. I have neither the money nor the monster boosting heroes. I have like zero "boosting" units of any kind, actually, aside from Parhl and Korin.

I actually have a good spread of units (for typing and weapons, that is, except I have no lightning elements aside from Lucia), what I don't have are healers (and Sheena's Cleansing Dance helps with any Remedy needs, fortunately). I only have Calista who's decentish but really mediocre aside from her Barrier, because I started playing before they did the Amina for free thing so I just have the "monster" Healer. But Sheena (Ritual) + Lucia^ (Mega Heal) + Calista can keep me going through everything I've tried so far.

I'm contemplating actually dropping Calista outright for Zerro, and then giving Lucia^ and Koko^ Healing Rods (and Lucia has some healing built in). Not sure if that will work but it would certainly give me a LOT more damage once I get Zerro to Zerro^. Koko^ being an absurd tank with self-healing doesn't hurt.

Mechanic Kino week. Easiest Kino battle so far, so Trading Post items are "free".
Even doable with free coin Luck team if you got them.
1209_mechanic_boss.png

Sweet 10x pull from event for me, with two rainbow cards popping up.
Sexy Mizell and Beau'ne. (。♥‿♥。)
9gCUbqU.png

duckroll

Did a 10x pull. Got Rejin^ (boooooooooo), Sha'plar, and Bonna. Can't say I'm super pleased but at least it's not all dupes! Might buy 100 energy before this special draw event is over, to try and pull Senela. Lol. :(

Vena

I did a pull because I had saved up energy: Pup'ru, Invincible^, and Koko^ (why do you taunt me so!?).

Yay?

Also since I looked at Mizell and Mizell^... uh wtf? Thats OP.

Edit: Is... Vengeful Heart bugged again? I can't get Blood to drop, lol.

Top Bottom