• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

OMG Aero

Anyone spent their companion tickets yet? Did 2 10x pulls on this event, got a Grand Ragnarok and a Lani out of it. Not bad!
Used ten tickets and got nothing but B ranks and two As. I have another ten tickets but I don't know whether to use them or wait for a guaranteed S+ event.

Baliis

Anyone spent their companion tickets yet? Did 2 10x pulls on this event, got a Grand Ragnarok and a Lani out of it. Not bad!

I got the lewto one plus the 15% atk one so that's not too bad I suppose. I don't really have many companions so I figure anything's helpful. Got a 10% mark bow and a levitation companion that I figure could be helpful too.

Vena

Peyrna sword is a 15% atk that I assume is stackable since I haven't used it yet. So right off the bat at least that one is better

Ahh okay, ya, that's the evolution of the Skullsplitter then. Its Skullsplitter^ basically.

Boo! I liked the best items being so easy to get haha.

Vena

Oh wow. Luck +30 companion on Trading Post, and Companion Tickets!

Edit: Lucky, I got Peyrna's Sword on my pull and Ragnarok.

Kupo! Mobius collab returns next week.

Cz4L009UQAEuaA6.jpg

Staab

Woah, Echo ^ looks rad !

Anyone gotten Ella^ from the current quest ? I can't for the life of me do it within 50seconds :(
I'm using Bahl^,Gatz^ and Snaip^ like suggested... I must be bad, sigh.

Stamina recharge might go from 5 to 2 minutes in next patch.

Anyone gotten Ella^ from the current quest ? I can't for the life of me do it within 50seconds :(
I'm using Bahl^,Gatz^ and Snaip^ like suggested... I must be bad, sigh.
I got it on first try, but had to save/load the last 2 stages a bunch.
The time limit is pretty lenient.

I used 2 tappers though (Gatz^ and Palpa^), with Gego^ for stealth and Amina^ for heals.

Vena

Big 4.5.0 update hit.

They added two more Celestials (Z characters), but these are from the pacts rather than the quests. They added some new recodes but I can't figure out which ones they are unless I am missing an update note somewhere.

Stamina is now 2 minutes.

They cut the stamina cost for all Metal Zones and Hunting Zones (except Coin) by half, so now I think its actually better to wait for Hail to the King than to farm tickets...?

I think those are the major changes I saw.

Baliis

Faster stamina regen is nice.

Pulled Grace lambda which is nice I guess, was going to recode her soonish anyways, but I was gonna do Bahl and Snaip first. Other than that mostly repeats and Shberdan, but I have his lambda already anyways

Vena

So, doing some quick math:

Daiana^ is the best single target (pincer area) DPS (fire) mage in the game? She has higher magic than Lewto and has better attack spreads so long as you are not concerned with the massive spread damage that the Z-mages can do in the corners and Row/Column.

Or am I missing something here? Her capsule also (effectively free given her other abilities being rather garbage from the old jobs) synergizes amazingly well with Pizfer^.

2min stam recharge is crazy fast.
I don't even bother wasting it all at this point.
Pretty nice. Especially the half-stam metal zones for new players now.
Pulled Grace lambda which is nice I guess, was going to recode her soonish anyways, but I was gonna do Bahl and Snaip first. Other than that mostly repeats and Shberdan, but I have his lambda already anyways
My previous 10 pull last month was better, but I didn't get that many dupes this time.
All mostly characters I've recoded over the year.
(Rejin, Bahl, Samatha, Ellvern, Kem)
So, doing some quick math:
I think it has more to do with overall skills than numbers that make Z mages better in the end.

duckroll

Bought 100 energy and did two 10x pulls to reward Mistwalker for all the great content this year.

Pull 1:
- Violet
- Amimari

Pull 2:
- Violet again :(
- Scarlet
- 36AIS
- Okklitot
- Sha'plar
- Ellvern

I would have really liked another Z instead of a Violet dupe, and I was really, really hoping for Senala because her recode art is soooooo awesome. But, well, it's hard to complain when I have enough new characters to level up and keep me busy for months of off-season play now.

Staab

I've just loading this up for the first time (borrowing a phone).

I got an SS Class chick at LV.10, is that good?
Depends on the chick's name ;p

I've finally gotten Ella Z from vengeful and grinded FF recode for Echo ^.
Now to level them up, which is made easy with the 2min stamina recharge!

Internets

Is there a recommended skills guide somewhere? Or what should I use for Bahl^ ? I'm using Physical Damage 1.5x, Terasword, Gigasword, Megasword.

And for the OTOMO, I'm thinking Celestial Envoy over Skullsplitter?

(Anyone still here?)

duckroll

Is there a recommended skills guide somewhere? Or what should I use for Bahl^ ? I'm using Physical Damage 1.5x, Terasword, Gigasword, Megasword.

And for the OTOMO, I'm thinking Celestial Envoy over Skullsplitter?

(Anyone still here?)

Drop his megasword for Attack +10% Self (not Equip). Bahl O or any Petrasword/Terasword/highest ATK booster you have is good as an Otomo.

Baliis

Pulled Amina lambda and Gegonago so I'm pretty happy with that. My roster is really starting to come together now that I've got several physical attackers, some good mages, and a few good support units.

Staab

Pulled Gego as well (lambda version) during this 10/2 event, pretty happy as stealth is really nice for some encounters.
Was hoping for a Mizell or Photon character so I could do some of the hard content tbh but, eh, still reasonably satisfied.

Lots to grind on the trading post this week so I'll be focusing on that.
Seiryu^ is out too, recoded that one straight up for my 100L team, coming together nicely now !

Baliis

lCJbZuxm.png

Did not think I was going to be able to manage it when the event started, but I was able to get s'naip, bahl, palpa, and odin recoded and leveled up, plus kuscah and Zerro lambda to round out the team.

duckroll

I have a party who can do it, but I'm too lazy to rush for it now. Will just wait until Vengeful Heart returns in a few months, if Terra Battle doesn't die first. Lol.

Want Matsuno World... :(

I have a party who can do it, but I'm too lazy to rush for it now. Will just wait until Vengeful Heart returns in a few months, if Terra Battle doesn't die first. Lol.
Ha ha.

Unfortunately, nothing much going on with upcoming Terra Battle stuff.
Chapter 38 will be released by end of February. (so damn far...)
PC version probably be available with 4.6.0.

Anyway, Fire Emblem Heroes this week.
Hopefully another good and fair strategy mobile rpg like Terra Battle.

Ha ha.

Unfortunately, nothing much going on with upcoming Terra Battle stuff.
Chapter 38 will be released by end of February. (so damn far...)
PC version probably be available with 4.6.0.

Anyway, Fire Emblem Heroes this week.
Hopefully another good and fair strategy mobile rpg like Terra Battle.

Any word on if we'll be able to use the same account on both pc and phone?

duckroll

Oooooh shit. There's actually something NEW in the Jade Dragon quest. I had no idea. I skipped it over while grinding the trading materials instead. Luckily I found out before the event ended! There's a new dragon you can get, two job items you need for that dragon, as well as two companions - one for Jade and one for the new dragon. Ffffffuck!

nesmar

FFBE got me back into gacha games after dropping PAD awhile ago. Tried Terra Battle after hearing about it and it blows everything away so far. Is there any other gacha games I should look into if I like this one?

duckroll

FFBE got me back into gacha games after dropping PAD awhile ago. Tried Terra Battle after hearing about it and it blows everything away so far. Is there any other gacha games I should look into if I like this one?

See, I keep telling people this in every thread I can, but sometimes they think I'm trolling and I get laughed out. But it's no joke. Once anyone gets past the initial tutorial-ish chapters, there's a ton of depth to the game, the story is actually quirky and interesting, the art and music is amazing, and the boss fights are so satisfying. it's a unique strategy rpg designed ground up for mobile touch controls like nothing else.

I don't think you'll find anything else like it, but if you do, let me know too!

nesmar

See, I keep telling people this in every thread I can, but sometimes they think I'm trolling and I get laughed out. But it's no joke. Once anyone gets past the initial tutorial-ish chapters, there's a ton of depth to the game, the story is actually quirky and interesting, the art and music is amazing, and the boss fights are so satisfying. it's a unique strategy rpg designed ground up for mobile touch controls like nothing else.

I don't think you'll find anything else like it, but if you do, let me know too!

A lot of the times gacha elements keep me playing a game when I don't really want to, but this one is just fun all the time.

Internets

The music in this game is pretty amazing, I just got to Chapter 35 and there's some Final Fantasy vibes in that battle theme

How bad is my team?

Team:
Amimari
Burbaba
Grace
Velraine
Metupi
Pharl

Benched:
Korin

I'm no expert at this game, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think your team isn't that great lol. It's honestly pretty lacking but, the good thing about Terra Battle is that you'll get really far with an okay team. You may struggle a bit once you reach the end-game.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're given either Kuscah or Sorman for free? I believe you'll need one of those, because they have "Heal All" which heals all units regardless of position. That's why many people use them over other healers. They are very potent free units and can last you even to end game. I still use them today.

But by the time you reach end game, they'll be plenty of events and stuff to help you get stronger units for free. And some with a bit of work (like recoding and coin farming). The free units are very good, but may need some work to power up

I don't know how far you are in the game, but maybe a reroll might make things smoother. Also, every now and then, they will have an event where you spend 50 Energy, and you get at least 2 guaranteed S or higher units, so if you don't feel like you're struggling right now, you should save for that. duckroll might have better insight

On that note, the 8 Bit Orbling is some shit

duckroll

Benching Korin is a mistake. He's an essential playmaker if you eventually want to build a sword party for certain battles. Plus, he has a recode, so you want to level him and boost his SB% as much as possible anyway.

Burbaba and Grace also have recodes, so you want to do the same. Recodes are a great way to get good stronger end-game tier characters without having to rely on crazy pulls. One of the best systems Mistwalker added for the game's overall QoL.

Amimari is an okay SS healer, it's too bad she has no recode yet. Still, if you don't have Amina or Amisandra, you should use her and hope for a recode in the next few months.

But your current party isn't going to be enough for long term stuff. Focus on clearing the story stuff to get as much energy as possible for more pulls. But do keep in mind that they do rate up events very often now, so if there's no special event, if you have enough energy for a 10x pull, hold off until an event comes on. It's usually every other week or so.

On that note, the 8 Bit Orbling is some shit

I discovered a great cheap method of making 8 Bit Orbling MUCH easier. If you have the free Z class recodes for the Pact of Friendship characters, you should be able to form a 100% Luck team that can beat 8 Bit Golem when it comes on. The trick is to get the 8 Bit Golem O II companion. Then level up the 8 Bit Golem to lvl90 and equip it. Put it in a good spear party, use Golem to destroy the traps by the second turn, and you're free to wreck the fucker without worrying about anything. :D

Kukumalu

I had tried this game a while ago but it just didn't click.
Couple days ago I got the urge to try it again but wanted to start with a decent character so I did a couple (By couple I mean like 100+ running 4 instances of it on an emulator) rerolls and managed to get a Violet.
Game is pretty dope with the way you can manipulate your entire team in a single turn to get massive combos but I just started so I'm sure there's much to learn.

Ken

is it better to start this game with a yukken or keep rerolling for a z rank?

i'm not super sure i grasp the worth of negotiator pro yet

duckroll

is it better to start this game with a yukken or keep rerolling for a z rank?

i'm not super sure i grasp the worth of negotiator pro yet

Stick with Yukken. It's actually better in the long run than pulling Yukken^ for example, because you can recode Yukken into Yukken^, and benefit from the skillboost and luck % boosts from the monsters you use in the recode.

This Z rank pull rate is abysmal! I want a Peyrna. :(
We all want Peyrna. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's not really recommended to pull during these specific character rate ups, unless you're pretty much into the golden road with your SB grind.

The best time to gacha for most players is when there's an actual Z rate up (with guarantee 2S when 10pull).

Also, 4.6.0 should be this week.

Ken

We all want Peyrna. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

It's not really recommended to pull during these specific character rate ups, unless you're pretty much into the golden road with your SB grind.

The best time to gacha for most players is when there's an actual Z rate up (with guarantee 2S when 10pull).

Also, 4.6.0 should be this week.

is there no regular bonus for doing a 10 pull like in other games?

is there no regular bonus for doing a 10 pull like in other games?
Nah.
Better to wait for the big pull event once per month.

Terra Battle has an unusal gacha system where you can remove characters from pool.
This is probably why they're keeping it a bit stingy.

Ken

Nah.
This is why it's better to wait for the big pull event once per month.

Terra Battle has an unusal gacha system where you can remove characters from pool.
This is probably why they're keeping it a bit stingy.

oic

i'm still only on chapter 8 so i guess i'll wait

4.6.0 is out. Chapter 38 should be unlocked later today.
Seems they'll release a few new SS-Z characters, possibly once per week in the month ahead.
All golem based, so they won't be super cute. Skill sets are apparently decent though.

Seems they've dumped all the new characters at same time in gacha.
Also, there's a new 1 stamina stage with Lucky Runners monsters for easy Luck grind.

C5Y5wvSWUAIAoYX.jpg:large

Go go go Chapter 38 !

docbon

Huh, got 20 additional stamina with the patch. Pretty dope.

edit: Whoa, they added lucky runners too! They show up in the Cryptid Forest which only costs 1 stamina, and give .1 luck if you pincer them in the right direction.

Top Bottom