• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mistwalker/Hironobu Sakaguchi's Terra Battle |OT| Season 2 has been unleashed!

Baliis

This is a great resource: http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Terra_Battle_Wiki

If you are curious about actual questions, guides and break downs on individual events/challenges, or just want to chat with people about the game this is the best place: http://terrabattleforum.com/

When I was super active in the game, I could easily arrange for co-op sessions and multiplayer stuff on the chatbox there too. Very friendly folks.

Don't have a link handy for the discord channel, but that's always helpful too.

Just to go down your list a bit for units I'm familiar with:

Schweiz: gets augment all at j3 which makes him super useful, there's room for him in pretty much every end game boss fight. Mad jealous because I want him bad.

Yukken/Rikken: Neg pro is good for helping clear out PoF which is useful since you'll get several pretty good free units out of it.

Piz'fer/Jennish/Lewto: will carry you hard up to like chapter 30 when everything gets really high mdef. Good for farming metal zones and stuff as well, plus clearing the weekly challenge for extra energy.

Palpa: Gets augment attack after she recoded, super useful for endgame/farming stuff

S'naip/Ma'curi/Bahl: the so called DPS Trinity, they're the only units that have the 1.5x damage skill and some of the best phys DPSers in the game. Get them leveled and get them recoded (poor Ma'curi) because you'll use them a lot.

Gegonago: super useful support unit with levitate, time +3 all, and stealth. Stealth let's him move through enemies so it really opens up a lot of movement options since he can "push" other units through as well letting you get pincers where you might've had all of your units stuck on one side of a line of enemies before.

Kuscah: he's a pretty solid starting healer, idk if amimari has heal all, but kuscah does so he might be worth using if you find you need it. I had no problems getting through the story with him anyways.

Took them 2 years, but they finally made some changes to PVP.
Characters and companions now have a set cost, so can't go full Z rampage.
+ we get PVP Team slots. Yay!

se0JHGz.png

Got my 5 energy already. Dragon Cup is pretty cool.

duckroll

Gooch & Fujisaka will be at Anime Expo at the start of July: http://www.anime-expo.org/video-gam...cter-designer-kimihiko-fujisaka-join-ax-2017/

This is exactly 3 years after Terra Battle's announcement, and since Terra Battle was announced at a similar expo (Japan Expo in France) I have no doubt this is where they will officially announce their new (mobile) game. :)

Hope they announce that they managed to scam a few million from Crunchyroll for a Terra Battle anime too.

Baliis

I did not realize you can get Axion Dragon Z's from the 100L PDZ chest, the makes so much more sense than getting like, 300 sands.

So new weekly stream was better than usual.

They're adding the two remaining magic elements to the game (sun and moon), and they've shown some of the six new characters they'll release with it.

Random ones:

1pxPwkY.png

3JoBlem.png

TB forum user also said they'll announce their new game in a future broadcoast.
Not sure if before an expo event or something.

I can't recall the last time Terra Battle hit a Download Starter milestone, but "Fujisaka World" (Taro Yokoo, Keiichi Okabe and Kimihiko Fujisaka) officially announced.

dlDetail_item270_en.png

Only 3 more milestone to reach before Terra Battle server shuts down.
:p

Hearing the TB soundtrack in FF XV made me nostalgic so I reinstalled after dropping it for a year. Holy hell the quality of life improvements are incredible compared to before. I really wish stuff like the trading post and metal zones being usable all the way to 90 were around back then. I don't know how I had the patience for recodes before.

Looking forward to trying the 4 chapters that I missed. Just spent the past few days recoding S'naip and Bahl. Pretty bummed I missed out on the FF collab event. Was it up to the same level of quality as TLS event? AKA the best experience I ever had with a gatcha type game.

duckroll

The FFXV event isn't comparable to the TLS event because it's more akin to the Mobius FF event (you probably missed that too?). Less of a big branching story thing but rather a well made fun diversion that pays homage to stuff from FFXV. It was alright.

What you did miss though, is the special fantasy event they put out. It's very much the successor to the concept of TLS. Complete self-contained original fantasy story, lots of story text, branching stages based on conditions, multiple endings, etc. That was really fantastic and all the music was by Sakimoto to boot.

Well... Damn. Sounds fantastic. Hopefully it rotates back soon enough. There's really nothing else that beats a good event in this. It's such a shame it never took off like it should have. I royally screwed up the weekly challenge and still finished in the top 5000 today. Bit sad.

Just finshed up S'naip and Bahl. There's so many other recodes now! Even with the whole process being 1000% faster I don't have it in me to grind the others. Maybe Bonna, or Palpa who seems to be essential for tackling these uber dragons and those two bosses that are floating at the end of the map.

I'll take my time with the last few chapters and just hope that event cycles back in the near future.

Baliis

Almost done leveling my Axion Dragon Z's, need like 4 more MM^^.

Also I forgot to finish getting Noctis's job mats, whoops. Oh well, got my chocobos.

Visceir

Old phone broke late last year and I don't think I had touched the game back then for another 3+ months. Did manage to retrieve my acc based on the old transfer account screenshot I had though.

Figured I'd check it out again...or maybe give my acc away.

Baliis

Still can't beat the two mega bosses on the world map. I suuuuuck. :(

Shin'en is pretty doable without any rare characters​ and a bit of RNG to kill/paralyze the staff, but even then he can still move on a way that makes it basically impossible if you only have a single tap. Mutoh seems like a bitch since you basically either need a bunch of magic tappers and Sayu to power through it, or farming up 6 holy dragon Zs which is a pain enough.

I should be able to take on the next Dragon boss soon though with Shin'en and La'cuma as gravity damage and Axion Dragon Z's on everyone else.

Baliis

I did it!

Not too hard of a fight really since I have Shin'en maxed out, and once I get Gegonago to 100L it'll be pretty simple. The hardest part was just getting everyone moved into place fast enough.

Kitoro

Out of curiosity, how many premium characters were available at launch (not including the coin ones)?

Didn't someone quantify how much it would cost to get all of them and clear them from the gate?

I'm trying to find that info, but am having no luck.

If anyone recalls, that'd be awesome! Thank you!

Baliis

Out of curiosity, how many premium characters were available at launch (not including the coin ones)?

Didn't someone quantify how much it would cost to get all of them and clear them from the gate?

I'm trying to find that info, but am having no luck.

If anyone recalls, that'd be awesome! Thank you!

hm, I dunno exactly but digging back through old revisions of the adventurer page on the wiki this should be a close list
http://terrabattle.wikia.com/wiki/Adventurers?oldid=6215

You got Bahl or grace as a starter + Kuscah at launch so figure 100 energy to 100% SB them, then 105 energy for everyone else (57 if I counted right) for 6185 energy, so however much that is.

Arabesque

I had been planning on getting back into the game soon, but I had been away for a while since I last played seriously. I still kept on logining in so I managed to amass roughly 300 energy to roll. This was back when the Nazuna banner was up:

Highest units I have right now:

I read up on the sources linked here again to familiarise myself with the game mechanics, but I have some questions and asking for advice on what to do from now:

-Is levelling still best done through the arena or through the metal zones in the world map? I had been struggling on how to best level new units before I took a break because I couldn't really level them efficiently/properly.

-Which units are the best to focus on? I know guys like Gugba, Gatz, Bonna and Zerro are supposed to be top tier/make it easier for team building and levelling, but where do I go from there?

-How good is Nazuna overall? I had been thinking about using her over Zerro to start again with the game, but I kind of want to use a character I like.

-So Luck is something new, is it as required as SB was? And also, is farming SB still difficult?

As an aside, had there been any new info on the new magic types? I had checked out some of the new characters on the official Youtube channel, but I don't know who to follow elsewhere for news on the game or if there is other places I should keep track on to keep up to date (twitter or the like).

Baliis

I had been planning on getting back into the game soon, but I had been away for a while since I last played seriously. I still kept on logining in so I managed to amass roughly 300 energy to roll. This was back when the Nazuna banner was up:

Highest units I have right now:

I read up on the sources linked here again to familiarise myself with the game mechanics, but I have some questions and asking for advice on what to do from now:

-Is levelling still best done through the arena or through the metal zones in the world map? I had been struggling on how to best level new units before I took a break because I couldn't really level them efficiently/properly.

AFAIK they're exactly the same, it just takes stamina on the map, metal tickets in the arena. On the map it will also occasionally be a guaranteed king spawn so that can be helpful. You'll need Seiryu (or shadowbind companions) to effectively farm MZ6 and Levi ^ (or icebind companions) for MZ7 because of the mirrors that absorb damage and retaliate.

-Which units are the best to focus on? I know guys like Gugba, Gatz, Bonna and Zerro are supposed to be top tier/make it easier for team building and levelling, but where do I go from there?

Zerro/Piz'fer and Bonna are great for farming with their recoded forms due to their huge aoe and %xp increase respectively. Gatz^ and Palpa^ both have the augment attack tap skill and will get you into farming Shin'en and PDK easily when you're at that point. S'naip^, Bahl^, and Ma'curi are pretty much all you need for phys damage dealers and combined with a tap unit can get you into farming kinos/8 bits for trade post materials super easy. Should be able to 1-2 turn every single one that doesn't require magic to fight.

Aside from that, Rikken is useful for pro negotiator to help you clear PoF faster (gets you Suoh, both Seiryu, and invincible^ when you've totally cleared it) who are all super useful units. Takes millions of coins total so every little bit helps.

-How good is Nazuna overall? I had been thinking about using her over Zerro to start again with the game, but I kind of want to use a character I like.

Don't have her so I can't really comment, but she seems pretty well rounded. Once she's recoded she gets Stealth and Extend Chain which are both great skills, especially since you don't have Gegonago it looks like? Stealth is OP pretty much when it comes to moving units around. %skill chance will be useful while your SB is low as well.

-So Luck is something new, is it as required as SB was? And also, is farming SB still difficult?

Luck is kinda weird in that it's not super useful until your team average is 80/100 at which point it becomes super useful. Luck has a chance to rise after every stage that costs 8ish or more stamina and theres a daily quest that you can get up to 3 luck from. It's not really required in the sense that SB is needed to reliably use skills, but it will make several grinds much faster (bonus recruits after stages for bosses like Shin'en and Kino/8 bits, more coins for PoF and PoFoF, some useful companions like Kraken kinos destroy kinetic trap and the Z dragons from the dragon Kings). If you really want, you can grind out luck in the Cryptid forest stages which have a guaranteed lucky runner spawn. It acts like a runner in a metal zone but if you can pincer it, you get .1 luck for everyone on the team.

Idk when you last played really but SB is slightly easier than it used to be due to companions since you can give Bahl for example a white candle to give her a healing spell. Since you can skill boost during the attack, heal, and capsule phases of a pincer, it gives her an extra chance every time she pincers/chains to get a boost. Grinding SB isn't hard really, it's just kind of mind numbing and time consuming since you can pretty much infinitely run 1stam stages now, it's just a matter of how much you want to do it.

Arabesque

Thanks for the answers!

AFAIK they're exactly the same, it just takes stamina on the map, metal tickets in the arena. On the map it will also occasionally be a guaranteed king spawn so that can be helpful. You'll need Seiryu (or shadowbind companions) to effectively farm MZ6 and Levi ^ (or icebind companions) for MZ7 because of the mirrors that absorb damage and retaliate.

So I should focus on just the metal zones on the world map then, rather than investing into farming metal tickets?

Alright, so I should just equip either shadowbind for metalzone 6 or icebind companions for MZ7 and farm them in anycase.

Zerro/Piz'fer and Bonna are great for farming with their recoded forms due to their huge aoe and %xp increase respectively. Gatz^ and Palpa^ both have the augment attack tap skill and will get you into farming Shin'en and PDK easily when you're at that point. S'naip^, Bahl^, and Ma'curi are pretty much all you need for phys damage dealers and combined with a tap unit can get you into farming kinos/8 bits for trade post materials super easy. Should be able to 1-2 turn every single one that doesn't require magic to fight.

So the ones to first focus on are:

Zerro
Piz’fer
Bonna
Rikken
S’napi^
Bahl^
Gatz
Palpa

And I need to get both Gatz and Palpa recoded. Should I also try and recode the others as well (Bonna, Zerro, Piz'fer)?

Aside from that, Rikken is useful for pro negotiator to help you clear PoF faster (gets you Suoh, both Seiryu, and invincible^ when you've totally cleared it) who are all super useful units. Takes millions of coins total so every little bit helps.

I’ll keep that in mind, though I am mostly still focusing on coming back rather than preparation for the end game :)

Don't have her so I can't really comment, but she seems pretty well rounded. Once she's recoded she gets Stealth and Extend Chain which are both great skills, especially since you don't have Gegonago it looks like? Stealth is OP pretty much when it comes to moving units around. %skill chance will be useful while your SB is low as well.

No, I haven’t managed to get Gegonago.
I like her enough so I guess I’ll work on getting her recoded, but since I have 8 characters to work on before her, it is going to be a while it seems.

Idk when you last played really but SB is slightly easier than it used to be due to companions since you can give Bahl for example a white candle to give her a healing spell. Since you can skill boost during the attack, heal, and capsule phases of a pincer, it gives her an extra chance every time she pincers/chains to get a boost. Grinding SB isn't hard really, it's just kind of mind numbing and time consuming since you can pretty much infinitely run 1stam stages now, it's just a matter of how much you want to do it.

I was still active when companions were first introduced into the game, so I know what the benefits are from certain companions being used for SB boosting and whatnot.
Of course, it has been a long while now, so I can’t remember what the best companions are for which unit and what the best strategy for SB farming with companions is now. I’m re-reading it all, but It is taking a while to digest it all again.
Yeah, when I say difficult I mean on my mentality rather than being hard to do. I know that the best way to farm SB is through repetition on the lowest stages, but every time I did it for prolonged periods of time my brain starts turning to mush and I can’t handle it. This isn’t something exclusive to Terra Battle either; whenever I try to farm these low level stages (because theoretically they are more efficient) I just start to lose my mind at how boring it is.
It’s why I hated that I couldn’t reliably farm SB and level my units back when I drifted away from the game.

Welcome back! Here's my two cents. Apologies if any of this is redundant
or flat out wrong

I wouldn't advise focusing on both Zerro and Piz'fer. Just one Z mage is all you really need. Magic damage from the initial 4 elements can carry you through most of the game, remain semi useful in the early 30ish chapters and then become borderline useless for the last chunk of content. I have Zerro and Jennish and very rarely bring both. If you're picking one to go with I'd say Zerro because you have A'merapact for Ice and Zerro can spawn capsules that will boost up Samatha a ton if you ever recode her.

You can farm MZ 6 & 7 really effectively with just one of the mages. With the massive aoe and bombs you can simply just avoid the 3 columns the mirrors will retaliate in while still killing everything with good positioning. Obviously this isn't foolproof as you'll sometimes get nasty spawn positions with the mirror but the mage can usually take at least one hit if need be. Shadowbind and Freeze will make farming smoother and more efficient but aren't essential.

I would move Rikken higher on your priority list for leveling. Simply for cutting down the grind for recruiting monsters for recoding with negotiator pro. As important as SB is, like you I would never recommend straight up farming it. Unless you are back for the LONG haul you will burn out again. New skills and better stats are great benefits to recoding but IMO the main draw is a flat 40% boost to SB. I would stop there though. I also wouldn't generally worry about clearing the PoF. Seiryu, Suoh and Invincible are all good units but honestly not worth the effort especially when you have access to the units you posted.

As for Bonna, I see she gets a lot of love on TB forum but I'm not really seeing it. Recoded her the other day and nearly finished leveling her. I mean I guess the 15% exp is decent but she doesn't damage or heal as well as someone dedicated to that job. Decent utility unit for leveling and ok all rounder but wouldn't use her for endgame stuff. I kinda regret doing it because I sort of burned myself out on grinding recodes and left Palpa for last, who I really should have done first.

Arabesque

I actually forgot how great the music was for this game, shame that season 2 just defaults on area 1's music.

Welcome back! Here's my two cents. Apologies if any of this is redundant
or flat out wrong

Thanks! And thank you for the input as well, I appreciate any help since I'm still trying to get back into the game again. All advice is welcome.

I wouldn't advise focusing on both Zerro and Piz'fer. Just one Z mage is all you really need. Magic damage from the initial 4 elements can carry you through most of the game, remain semi useful in the early 30ish chapters and then become borderline useless for the last chunk of content. I have Zerro and Jennish and very rarely bring both. If you're picking one to go with I'd say Zerro because you have A'merapact for Ice and Zerro can spawn capsules that will boost up Samatha a ton if you ever recode her.

Ah, alright then. I will focus on bringing Zerro up to par then.

So, the funny thing is that I had been looking back into what I was doing before my hiatus, and it seems like a lot of it were preparations for recoding a lot of my units.

What I have ready to go, but in need for levelling:

Samatha
Palpa
Bonna
Amazora
Zerro

What needs a bunch of Temporal Helices:

Diana
A’merpact
Grace

And then Gatz and Invincible (amazingly enough?) need Apirath as well, which I guess with Samatha and Rikken should be simple enough to recruit.

So Gatz and Palpa are pretty much the first to get recoded, but do you have any recommendation on who to go after? Samatha seems to me the obvious next step, since everything is ready except the levelling, but who should I focus my attention onto afterwards?

You can farm MZ 6 & 7 really effectively with just one of the mages. With the massive aoe and bombs you can simply just avoid the 3 columns the mirrors will retaliate in while still killing everything with good positioning. Obviously this isn't foolproof as you'll sometimes get nasty spawn positions with the mirror but the mage can usually take at least one hit if need be. Shadowbind and Freeze will make farming smoother and more efficient but aren't essential.

I generally had problems with farming efficiently in MZs because I didn't really understand how to make it simpler for myself through mages and companions, but getting it now is mind opening. It still sucks it is a bit random in terms of getting screwed with poor positioning, but I can manage with this I feel.

I would move Rikken higher on your priority list for leveling. Simply for cutting down the grind for recruiting monsters for recoding with negotiator pro. As important as SB is, like you I would never recommend straight up farming it. Unless you are back for the LONG haul you will burn out again. New skills and better stats are great benefits to recoding but IMO the main draw is a flat 40% boost to SB. I would stop there though. I also wouldn't generally worry about clearing the PoF. Seiryu, Suoh and Invincible are all good units but honestly not worth the effort especially when you have access to the units you posted.

Hmm, so priority list should look like this instead?

Zerro
Rikken
Bonna
S’napi^
Bahl^
Gatz
Palpa

With possibly recoding Samatha or other units?

As for Bonna, I see she gets a lot of love on TB forum but I'm not really seeing it. Recoded her the other day and nearly finished leveling her. I mean I guess the 15% exp is decent but she doesn't damage or heal as well as someone dedicated to that job. Decent utility unit for leveling and ok all rounder but wouldn't use her for endgame stuff. I kinda regret doing it because I sort of burned myself out on grinding recodes and left Palpa for last, who I really should have done first.

I'm mainly using Bonna for the levelling, yeah. It's also why I had been focusing as well on Gugba as well because from my understanding, he is pretty good in killing Runners (who I have always had problems killing).

This thread might get 2-3 more lurkers if they do announce Terra Battle 2 this week.

Also, "Fujisaka World" early character preview.
4E5Sh2i.png

Scenario for Matsuno World probably kept for next game.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arabesque

As per everyones advice, focused on recoding Palpa and Gatz, and then went further and recoded Samatha, Zerro and Amazora.

I ended up using Lucia ^ as my primary magic damage dealer, because she was lvl. 90 and her SB is 84.9, so she was better than Zerro at that point. Guess what's left now if levelling Rikken, and then bringing my ^ units up to snuff.

Any recommendation on recoding some units here, or just focus on finishing the story now with what I got?

Just missing some assorted helices, but most are ready to go.

There's really no point in recoding Bahl into Bahl^ when I already got her from the PoT, right?

This thread might get 2-3 more lurkers if they do announce Terra Battle 2 this week.

Let's be optimistic.

It might get 4-6 lurkers at least.

I feel it won't be TB2, but something new.

AsianOni

Hey everyone. I recently reinstalled the game, but on PC (with AndApp). Unfortunately, I can't find my (very) old savegame ID so I started fresh.

Old roster:

So there's quite a lot of new things (luck, companions,...) and I'm wondering what should I focus on first ? I'd guess, new characters over companions but some of them were quite useful (Zerro's Staff).

I'm currently leveling up the few good ones I have (until the next PoT/10 guaranteed SS):

Hey everyone. I recently reinstalled the game, but on PC (with AndApp). Unfortunately, I can't find my (very) old savegame ID so I started fresh.

Old roster:

So there's quite a lot of new things (luck, companions,...) and I'm wondering what should I focus on first ? I'd guess, new characters over companions but some of them were quite useful (Zerro's Staff).

I'm currently leveling up the few good ones I have (until the next PoT/10 guaranteed SS):

Play through the story with your best team, subbing in some off element guys here and there till you hit a wall, then grind out the dailies and such to get coins for finishing the free gacha. If you clear it out, there's a few really good characters in there, including Z's, and you can max their boost and luck just with coins, giving you a nice base team to cross any wall you might hit in story.

Baliis

Man, I should be able to take on IDK next week when I can level my last HDZ, but I just don't see any way I'll kill Mutoh with no photon units and no magic taps.

AsianOni

Play through the story with your best team, subbing in some off element guys here and there till you hit a wall, then grind out the dailies and such to get coins for finishing the free gacha. If you clear it out, there's a few really good characters in there, including Z's, and you can max their boost and luck just with coins, giving you a nice base team to cross any wall you might hit in story.

I've already hit the wall at chapter 31-1 two days ago, so I've been farming ores, particles and metal tickets. Oh well, I didn't even clear the PoF on my old savegame, guess I still have quite some farm to do. Thank you!

Baliis

I pulled Hakann so that's cool I guess.

Got the last dragon king down so happy with that, but Mutoh is gonna be basically impossible for me without taps/solar units.

The moon king doesn't seem too bad, but I'm having trouble keeping up with the adds and bad RNG with people getting breathed/pincers. After the first lunacy it's basically over. Prob gonna need another tap at least + some grand petas to do it reasonably. Shame they nerfed CTs, gonna be basically impossible for me to get the grands now.

Top Bottom