• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto prevented Wario and Waluigi from having girlfriends

Skronk

Banned
As a long time Wario fan it hurts to see him get disrespected like that, non-conventionally attractive people can find love too!

That dorkly comic was sweet though, I'd accept that outcome too.

Toxi

Banned
e37.jpg

In one of the games (I don't remember which) it's implied she has a small crush on Wario, but not that they're actually doing anything or that Wario is even aware of her outside of her ability to generate money for him.

There's also this in the first WarioWare game.

VOCjkqF.png

(Isn't she still in high school?)

Giga Man

The closest Wario has gotten to "love" was a kiss from a princess he rescued in Wario Land 4. She changed appearance depending on how much treasure you plundered.

Oh man. Imagine a new 2D Warioland for Switch.

HNGHHHHHH!

As cool as that would be, I want a new Wario World most of all.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wario seeing Ashley (doh!) Mona as cute doesn't necessarily mean he has romantic feelings for her.

Remember, she's basically an idol in the Wario Ware universe, so many likely see her as cute.

Well, was there actually any need for Toadette? (although I know she's a beloved character)

At least Toadette is just Toad's girlfriend and that's it. Fairly unimaginative, but...

The thought process behind Waluigi's creation was literally "Hey, there's Mario and Luigi, but Wario's by himself. Let's give him his own Luigi!" and presto, Waluigi is smeared into existence. He's a derivative character based on two already derivative characters. I'm certainly glad we didn't have to witness him get a derivative girlfriend based on another derivative character.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At least Toadette is just Toad's girlfriend and that's it. Fairly unimaginative, but...

The thought process behind Waluigi's creation was literally "Hey, there's Mario and Luigi, but Wario's by himself. Let's give him his own Luigi!" and presto, Waluigi is smeared into existence. He's a deriative character based on two deriative characters. I'm certainly glad we didn't have to witness him get a deriative girlfriend based on another deriative character.

And don't forget that he only exists as a filler character for spinoff games. He doesn't even exist in Wario games.

Grizzo

And don't forget that he only exists as a filler character for spinoff games. He doesn't even exist in Wario games.

And that's a real shame... I'm still waiting for a Wario & Waluigi adventure, something quirky and funny, I'm sure Nintendo could pull it off.

_Rob_

And that's a real shame... I'm still waiting for a Wario & Waluigi adventure, something quirky and funny, I'm sure Nintendo could pull it off.

There's actually a really enjoyable fan game for Waluigi. Not just a re-skinned Mario either, some actual unique mechanics!

13ruce

Banned
I want a new Wario World/Land game now:/ if they ever make a new one just include Waluigi for once. Otherwise next Mario & Luigi RPG: Wario & Waluigi Partners in Crime.

That would be way better then that last Paper Mario (M&L Paperjam) one wich was good but still kinda dissapointing compared to the previous ones. And if they ever want to top the first (Super Star Saga) or third one (Bowser's Inside Story) you might aswell do this.

This way they finally can put Waluigi in a regular game lol. And about the girlfriend part they don't need one. Otherwise Wario atleast clearly has Captain Syrup. I know they both appear as a duo in the spoiler
recent rabbids game as rabbids tho;P so atleast theres that.

PsionBolt

It'd cause an endless recursion of new characters, that's why. All the Mario folks already have exactly one counterpart each: the evil ones. Yes, the proper way to look at Daisy isn't as Luigi's (lady) counterpart, but as Peach's (evil tennis partner) counterpart!

That's right. Daisy's true identity is Wapeach.

If there was a Waa counterpart to Peach I always assumed it would have been a Doronjo-type character as Wario and Waluigi are pretty much the spitting image of 2/3rds of the Time Bokan villain archetype.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It'd cause an endless recursion of new characters, that's why. All the Mario folks already have exactly one counterpart each: the evil ones. Yes, the proper way to look at Daisy isn't as Luigi's (lady) counterpart, but as Peach's (evil tennis partner) counterpart!

That's right. Daisy's true identity is Wapeach.
If anyone is Wapeach, it's Syrup. Queen of Land vs Queen of Sea. But since she's a total opposite, she isn't caring for the hero and only interested in herself.

Where are these from?

Wario Land 4 ending if beaten in super hard mode.

If Ubisoft can make Rabbids work with Mario I'll be damned if Nintendo themselves can't cook up the Wario and Waluigi adventure we've waited years for. It could actually sell me on a Switch.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If there was a Waa counterpart to Peach I always assumed it would have been a Doronjo-type character as Wario and Waluigi are pretty much the spitting image of 2/3rds of the Time Bokan villain archetype.

That's already Capt. Syrup

Supast4r

Depending on the media sometimes Wario is related to Mario very loosely, but even that's not consistent.

Waluigi's never been anything more than Wario's doubles partner.
Wario and Waluigi are cousins. The smash bros trophies confirm this.

Supast4r

Daisy yes, Peach i doubt tho she suspiciously gets kidnapped alot by Bowser....
You do realize that the Mario games aren't cannon Right? Think of peach similarly to Olive from Popeye cartoon. She gets kidnapped all the time but loves popeye. Same thing. (Also Mario is heavily based on Popeye)

13ruce

Banned
You do realize that the Mario games aren't cannon Right? Think of peach similarly to Olive from Popeye cartoon. She gets kidnapped all the time but loves popeye. Same thing. (Also Mario is heavily based on Popeye)

Not even the mainline ones? So it's like a different universe or dimension every single time?

Btw that was more of a joke too kinda based on that meme that she secretly has a crush on bowser and gets herself kidnapped on purpose. ofcourse it's Mario she likes tho in the games:p

Berordn

Not even the mainline ones? So it's like a different universe or dimension every single time?

Miyamoto described them once as actors in a troupe, akin to Mickey Mouse. The same characters popup but their relationships and other background stories change to suit the work.

I.E. Odyssey could end with Mario and Peach actually getting married and then the sequel could come out with her not knowing who he is.

DarkKyo

It really wouldn't be an issue expanding the "human" cast of the Mario universe if their new characters weren't so derivative, predictable, and boring.

"We need a new badguy for Mario, he should be a human this time, and on equal footing ability-wise."
"Copy and paste Mario but make him more gross and evil looking, also flip the M upside down."
-------------------
"We need new human characters to fill out our Mario Tennis roster."
"Okay do what we did for Mario with Wario, but for Luigi. Also make his name sound forced and unimaginative."
-------------------
"We need some new human characters to expand the Mario Kart roster--"
"BABIES"
-------------------

I'm not saying I don't like Wario and Waluigi anyways but the baby characters and toadette are creative voids that bring down the rosters of their respective games as a whole. Wario's girlfriend would just be Wapeach so it's not even worth doing.

Waluigi is a tragic character, like Batman, he can never know true happiness, only the fleeting embrace of another lost soul once in a while in a relationship doomed to fail.

Top Bottom