• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto: Thinking about DLC (extra maps, missions) for Pikmin 3

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I've no doubt it's an amazing game, easily one of the best this year will see.
but when more people see the story to the end, it's so obvious that either end game content starring the hocotations got cut (no excuses after such a long wait)
or they were thinking about dlc at some point during production.
i'm hoping nintendo wouldn't cut end game content at a time when they need all their first party games games being as strong as possible.....
i'm just a little upset that after such a long wait we have a game which clearly still left out a lot of features....mainly the sad loss of the piklopedia....

The biggest mistake people keep making with Pikmin 3 is imagining it was literally in development for 7 years.

Personally, I would also consider Pikmin 3's far larger and elaborate overworlds to represent a game with more meaningful content than Pikmin 2's endless, bland, randomly generated dungeons that padded the length. No matter how charming the pikilopedia was.

The biggest mistake people keep making with Pikmin 3 is imagining it was literally in development for 7 years.

Personally, I would also consider Pikmin 3's far larger and elaborate overworlds to represent a game with more meaningful content than Pikmin 2's endless, bland, randomly generated dungeons that padded the length. No matter how charming the pikilopedia was.

I hated those repetitive dungeons more than anybody and i'm thrilled nintendo chose to avoid them this time round, but the lack of piklopedia is a massive loss.
what better opportunity than now, with a new console, to try and gain new fans to a series that deserves them. A piklopedia would have helped, it was one of the best features about pikmin 2, olimars notes on the enemies and plant life was amazing and something i believe pikmin 3 is lacking.
I don't believe it was in development for 7 years, not even close to 4.
But there is no excuse for leaving out such wonderful features.

Socreges

Banned

Is this how it's being described? Because it sounded like the game length is about the same.

Don't own the game yet but I get the impression it has as much content as the previous two, so dlc sounds like it would be a fair addition.

Kai Dracon

Is this how it's being described? Because it sounded like the game length is about the same.

Several reviews have stated each overworld zone, of which there are
4 or 5 primary ones, are a lot bigger than the overworld zones in Pikmin 1 and 2.
One review has said they are more Metroid-like in structure. The basic completion time without 100% hovers between 10 and 15 hours depending on how it's played.

It seems much of the time Pikmin 2's dungeons soaked up is now spent in overworld. I suppose that would require the overworld to be bigger, else it would be as short as Pikmin 1.

Why are people saying this game is short? It's longer to reach the credits that any Mario 2D platformer, Pikmin 1, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kid Icarus. Where's the problem?

Several reviews have stated each overworld zone, of which there are 5 primary ones.

sorry but to keep everyone's expectations at a normal level, there are only 4 primary ones.

Would you mind going back and spoilering your end game stuff?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Online multiplayer please. Technical limitations is a bullshit excuse as RTS games have done it for ages.

Kai Dracon

Why are people saying this game is short? It's longer to reach the credits that any Mario 2D platformer, Pikmin 1, Luigi's Mansion 2, and Kid Icarus. Where's the problem?

Would you mind going back and spoilering your end game stuff?

Alright, though that information seems to have been talked about openly.

Top Bottom