• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MKX XL PC version incoming?

Rocketz

Ed Boon on twitter tweeted this out 30 minutes ago:
https://twitter.com/noobde/status/767866628004536320

RHcVLK.png

Take the upper cased letters and you get: MKXL PC

Ed is known to troll but this seems pretty obvious what he is hinting at.

Finish me if old.

Update:

Manu

This needs to be a free upgrade (or at least heavily discounted) for people who already own MKX. It's only fair.

EDIT: Beaten like Shinnok.

Spinky

Not surprised, the poll pretty much confirmed it. That's usually how Lord Eyebrows works.

And yes, it should be free. If they also release Injustice 2 on PC (which he said is likely), they better throw in a free season pass or something too.

Won't happen, but it should.

Khezu

I'm praying it's good.

Just for hope of Injustice 2 being decent on PC.

I really don't want to have to buy it on PS4, especially now that they are apparently raising prices to play online.

Didn't he do one of these tweets teasing something for EVO and then nothing happened?

That tease was for a prize pot for EVO.

I'd be glad to see it make its way over. There should be some sort of discount or other compensation for previous owners, but it's good to see they're trying at the very least.

I'm guessing Injustice 2 won't launch alongside console versions, but will happen on PC as well down the line.

FLD

Better late than never, I suppose. I liked the previous one as well as Injustice, so I'll likely get it if the port is decent. Although, considering the way WB tends to treat their PC releases, I'll likely wait for a sale.

Better late than never i guess.

Its all about Kombat Pack 3 tho. My boy Fujin and waifu Sareena need to make it finally in there.

Skunkers

Will buy Kombat Pack 2 if they offer it, but if they think I'm buying an undiscounted new SKU after what we've been through with this port they can go fly a kite into the sand they've pounded.

Khezu

I assume it would work like the console versions.

The base part, balance changes and new netcode are an update, but you have to buy Kombat pack 2, which was 20 dollars.

The only way they would give KP2 away for free is if they are really badly trying to buy back good will for Injustice 2 PC.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Keeping my distance from WB on PC from now on. Might have cared if this was talked about when XL actually came out.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
I'm willing to bet there has been significant lobbying on ed's part behind the scenes. There's a business case here that an investment in GGPO for PC and a reboot of mkxl would pay off beyond just MKX. With other high profile PC disasters hopefully they're ready to start making things right. Companies that make investments and listen to the community (eg blizzard, bungie) are ultimately rewarded.

.la1n

I will echo what others said, their needs to be a good will incentive for how bad the PC community was treated. I would assume they are also planning KP3 announcement alongside this so some incentive there would go a long way as well.

Carlius

Banned
ya its pretty much confirmed...if you been following his tweets hes been hinting at it..i called him out a bunch of few times and so did other people lmao

ZeroX03

Banned
They'll need to rework the entire game so it's not a glitchy mess. Hopefully they've hired QLOC. If High Voltage are working on this again then GG.

vg260

The only way they would give KP2 away for free is if they are really badly trying to buy back good will for Injustice 2 PC.

I will echo what others said, their needs to be a good will incentive for how bad the PC community was treated. I would assume they are also planning KP3 announcement alongside this so some incentive there would go a long way as well.

Yeah, they really need to handle this in a friendly way, or Injustice 2 PC is DOA (if it wouldn't be already)

What I'm hoping is for them to just upgrade PC owners to the XL version in prep for a Kombat Pack 3, but that's probably way too wishful thinking.

Why are people excited, when the PC port of the original was atrocious ?

It was in much better shape when it was abandoned.

Meia

Won't get a dime from me.

Pretty much. Have lied repeatedly about the game itself and it's performance before it came out, was radio silent about the mess after, said they would never release the DLC for it after that, trolled months ago about finally releasing it, and NOW they may deign us with it's presence as some kind of peace offering before Injustice 2 comes out?

Yeah, no.

Top Bottom