• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Matchup Thread (PS2)

Miguel

:lol

Not right now, but later tonight I'll be down for a few games against anyone. My madden/Winning Eleven games are mostly out of the way, so I'll have all night to play MLB. :D

I just KILLED Vlad. Literally.

Me vs Matrix. Padres vs Angels

Matrix gives up back to back HRs, ends up plunking Geoff Blum.

I wait an inning or so until Vlad comes up to the plate again. Hoffman comes in...throws at his head...the screen goes white. HOLY SHIT! :lol

Vlad lays on the ground for like a minute (in game) and finally gets up and looks in total pain at first base....

Matrix: NOOOOO
Miguel: LIGHTS OUT
Miguel: OWNED BITCH!
Miguel: MWAHAHAHA
Matrix: VLAD HATES U
Miguel: YES!
Miguel: LOL!!
Miguel: HE'S DEAD!
Miguel: LMFAO
Miguel: that was AWESOME!
Miguel: he blacked out!
Miguel: he saw the light!

I won, I forgot the final score cause I was still laughing at Vlad dying. :lol

The game before, Backe attacke pwned Matrix for 12 Ks, and I won 17-1.

I FINALLY OWN SOMEONE AT SOME ONLINE GAME! WOO!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"I'm going home"
vlad_4994.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea mine went white too,but I wasnt laughing,I saw Angels in the outfield! :(

Matrix

You want to lose ?! MIG DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE WHITE!? we play tonight! I'm warning you...your star player dies.

Btw we should play how Fifty and I play,with that stupid guess the pitch location off,take it away and its like playing real baseball.That click the R button and guess the pitch reminds me too much of slamzone from MLB 2k5 :p

Miguel

Matrix said:

You want to lose ?! MIG DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE WHITE!? we play tonight! I'm warning you...your star player dies.

Btw we should play how Fifty and I play,with that stupid guess the pitch location off,take it away and its like playing real baseball.That click the R button and guess the pitch reminds me too much of slamzone from MLB 2k5 :p

Yeah, I was going to suggest that.

Funny thing is, after I went up in the 2nd game, I stopped using the guess location...then Dave Roberts DESTROYS your pitch. On every Dave Roberts at bat, you threw in the EXACT same location :lol

The 4th or 5th time, i finally hit it perfectly (with no guess pitch or guess location).

That's why I started "lkasjflkajs aslk;alksjdf alsdkjf LOL LLOL LOLOL LOLOLOL"-ing so hysterically.

Matrix

You wont be laughing tonight~!

:(

If anyone is online right now that's willing to game, let me know. You'll win since I can't hit worth a shit yet, but damn I'll do my best! :lol

I can never keep track which posters are on the west coast and east coast. All I know is that Olimario is from texas. :D

I'm central too. My screenname is Duck_of_Death

Matrix

Mig...you best show up on aim tonight when u get home,you have flaked on me the last couple of days.

Mig from now on will be known as Migbog.

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Mig...you best show up on aim tonight when u get home,you have flaked on me the last couple of days.

Mig from now on will be known as Migbog.
Yup, he's a flaker. He once tried to flake on me mid sentence in a conversation!

Matrix

No I hate myself for picking such a shitty ass starting pitcher....I forgot Sheets was injured.

I'm used to you and Fifty picking ace's to dominate me :lol I havent played one friggin game where one of you pitched with a shitty pitcher :p

Miguel

Matrix said:
No I hate myself for picking such a shitty ass starting pitcher....I forgot Sheets was injured.

I'm used to you and Fifty picking ace's to dominate me :lol I havent played one friggin game where one of you pitched with a shitty pitcher :p

I'll take babyface Buchholz after the roster update, or Backe.

My next game I will be the DRays. But I call Kazmir!

Matrix

Mig you up? Want to play a game of show :lol I cant sleep :(

Matrix

Miguel said:
DOUBLE H IS IN THE NEW ROSTER UPDATE! YOUSE GUYS GOING THE FUCK DOWN BEETCHES!

Fuck Yea!

They have been awesome so far with the roster updates and also changing players skill levels.

Matrix

Cause I still havent figured out how to play outfield or spot my pitches well :lol

Also Mig uses Ace's against me to win! :( So hes always owning me.

Matrix

I'd just like to state Mr.Oliver Perez made Mig his biatch lastnight :D

Complete game shutout,only 3 hits given up,finally beat him with a team thats not Houston too.

"I lick my lips when I know I get to face Miguel"
op_79095.jpg

Playing more of my offline Stros season has finally made me better at the game.

Matrix

Here I signed this for you,might go up in value after that game!
oliverperez1.jpg

Matrix

Miguel said:
MATRIX YOU BROKE ME!!!

I've given up 10 runs in my last 2 games in my franchise! JERK!

Backe broke today too :(

Matrix

Muhahahaha you better practice some...ROY O FEARS NO ONE!

Matrix

Mig,bump your league thread......

With 2k6 sucking so much ass,we might get people to buy this great game and do the league.

Matrix

:lol Ok,I know Im going to lose to you and thats downright sad :(

Matrix

Dm has a shitty connection,lag city against him!!! thats what you get for waiting so long to buy it.Giving up a lag city hr to Sexson after you fake bunt...arghhhh :p Glad I won on a passed ball in extra innings :D

Dm also next time read the manual before you play :lol I love in the middle of games"how do you stop the runners,I keep getting out when I dont want to run"

You would have won the game if you took time to READ! :lol

Player of the game 3-4

A.E

*I got 3 hits,wish I could face dm's pitching all season long*
everett_74104.jpg

DMczaf

Yeah, I had 3 guys "gunned" (I dont even know if you can call it that when you just lob the ball and wait for my guys to get there :lol ) at home because I didnt know how to send them back :lol

Matrix

One was gunned,the other two lob throws while I was laughing my ass off at you pwning yourself :lol

Matrix

Sorry Dm,its my connection thats poop tonight :(

Played Fifty and I couldnt field ground balls and I had like 50 passed balls,I dont know wtf is up with road runner today.

Fifty and I have never had lag.

Matrix

Miguel said:
MATRIX YOU BROKE ME!!!

I've given up 10 runs in my last 2 games in my franchise! JERK!

The complete opposite has happened to me,I'm winning with dominating pitching and Moberg has gone nuts.

Ive hit safely with him in my first 11 games,the announcers are so kind to point that out during the streak :D Last game he went 4-4 with 2 hrs and 3 rbis,my first ever game with two hrs with the same player.

Matrix

I'm 7-7 :lol So far in my season the central is awful,I'm one game back of the Brewers and Reds.

Moberg had his 11 game hit streak end after the cpu told me to rest him >_<

So I play him after the day off and he goes 0-4,but Mango hit his 3rd hr of the season *inside the park job* and Lance his 2nd :D I lost 5-4 to the Brew Crew cause I cant win a game when Wandy is on the mound,such a bum....4 runs in the first,I lost 5-4 :(

Brofist

After beating most of the games I wanted to recently I can finally give this game some serious attention.

1-5 so far in my season with the BoSox. Couple extra inning heartbreakers in there though. Still early in the season I'll get em back. :D

I strike out way too much though. Does guessing the pitch do a lot to help with connecting? I really don't wanna resort to change the sliders in my favor.

Miguel

I wonder how quickly I could finish a season.

I just started on the 10th, and I'm 10 games into the season.

I think by the end of May, I can have a full season done. :eek:

My goal this year is to get through 4 seasons.

Top Bottom