• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Matchup Thread (PS2)

swoon

i'm down for the league. what port does the game use, btw.

i'll pick my team closer to the time, i normally play as the reds, but that's suicide really.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Thats exactly how I felt when I first started playing.

Since Ive started a season,this game is starting to surpass MVP for me :eek:

MVP wasnt without its faults guys,lets remember that,it was a great game,but I could hit 3 to 4 hrs in an inning with ease,I cant in the Show.

Also I could easily take Lidge in MVP and pitch a whole 9 inning game with him and he would never tire....my closer :\ Fifty and I had some extra inning games where I would keep Lidge in for innings.

Yeah I still remember your MVP victory over me, where you had 8 runs on 8 hits on 8 SOLO HOME RUNS.

That game pissed me off. :D

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
DM is on a roll! more 49ers greats DM!

This thread needs some GRBAC!

Grbac111295.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
FUKU.

The worst thing was his pitcher hit like 3 solo home runs off me that game too! :lol

:lol

BACKEEEE ATTTTTTACKEEEE!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
12-8 my Stros team is so far Mig....5 game winning streak :D

I'm tied with the Brew Crew for first in the central :(

Pitchers...

Roy O 2-1 1.41 era 27 ks
Andy 3-0 2.59 era 6 k's
Backe! 2-1 2.52 era 5 k's
Wandy "the bum" Rodriguez 1-3 4.68 era 6 k's
T "Double H" baby face 2-1 4.07 era...ugh :( 4 k's
Lidge 6 saves

Top run producers...

Lance .437 5 hrs 16 rbis,leads the NL with 11 doubles,3 walks
Moberg .329 4 hrs 11 rbis
Wilson .279 3 hrs 7 rbis has k'd 28 TIMES! :(
MANGO!!!!!! .235 :( 3! hrs 9 rbis
Lane .368 1 hr *no power* 8 rbis 8 doubles

I <3 this game.

Matrix

Miguel said:
I'll play through 20 games and find out what my stats are :p

We can compare teh MiGstros and Mastrox. :p

I'm much better now,the beginning of my season was brutal :( I couldnt hit anything or pitch,one game Wandy was roughed up for 8 runs and the pen gave up 3,I lost 11-1 to the Nats :|

I'm sure your stats will be better all around.

Miguel

my pitching stats aside from Roy and Andy are pretty fucking terrible :p

Backe's ERA is like 8.50...with 2 wins!
Buchholz is about 5.40 ERA
Wandy is 1-0 with a 4.50 ERA.
Oswalt is like 2.something, Andy 3.12ish

Matrix

Miguel

Morgan and Lane are teh powah hitters I think in 10 games, Preston is Darryl Ward Jr.
Mo/Lane have 3 games where one of them had 2HRs

Miguel

Tiggers are available, surprisingly! What a steal! :p

Miguel - Astros
Matrix - Rangers
ColdBlooded33 - No Team
DMczaf - Ichiros
DaddyZ - Phillies
FMT - No Team
MrBob - Cubs
Fifty - Blue Jays
swoon - No Team
Musashi Wins! - Tigers

(if anyone has any team they want to fight over, we'll sort it out, such as FMT/ColdBlooded/swoon.

We have 10, where's rorsnatch!? ...and...we need at least 1 more, preferably 5 more.

Matrix

Pwned Bob 13-2.. Lance 1 hr and Moberg 2 hrs,one off of Nefie Perez cause Bob forgot to sub his pitcher in and then he beaned Wilson after the hr and Nefie got tossed :lol

Bob didnt throw passed balls like crazy like dm except for when he was trying to bean my players on purpose,but like Dm this douche needed to practice or atleast read the manual before playing online :p

Roy had 17 ks :lol

Musashi,its a league not a tourney.

Miguel

Typing up league settings while at work and half asleep = teh funnies!

I'll cut Divisional games to 2 series (3 & 4 game series)
I'll work the rest from there, try to set it up to be about 30 games.

Matrix

Yea thats a lot of games unless you cut the game down to 5 innings mvp style,but thats cheesy :lol

Also we go to a lower diff or the guess the pitch,I dont want to play! :lol

Miguel

I'm thinking we may have to either play on the default difficulty, or turn guess pitch back on for the league :lol

BTW, it will follow a "week" schedule. Each "week" you will play one series, which will consist of

12 team settings

32 games
9 "weeks"
6 teams per conference
3 per division
DH rules set by home team.
2 division winners, 1 wildcard per Conference

2 series (3&4 games) against 2 of your division rivals (14 games total)
1 series (4 games) against 3 of your other division/in conference teams (12 games total)
1 series (interleague) against 2 teams of the a certain conference (AL West vs NL East, AL Central vs NL Woerst, AL East vs NL Central, etc) (6 games)

14 teams

32 games
9 "weeks"
7 teams per conference
3/4 per division
2 division winners, 1 wildcard per Conference

-2 series (3&4 games) against 2 of your division rivals (14 games total)
-1 series (4 games) against 3 of your other division/in conference teams (12 games total)
-2 series (3 games) against leftover team (either in or out of division, in conference) (6 games)
-No interleague

16 Teams
33 games
6 teams per conference
3 per division
2 division winners, 2 wildcards per conference

-2 series (3 games) against 3 of your division rivals (18 games total)
-1 series (3 games) against 4 of your other division/in conference teams (12 games total)
-1 series (interleague) against 1 teams of the a certain conference (AL West vs NL East, AL Central vs NL Woerst, AL East vs NL Central, etc) (3 games)

If I didn't add right, or you want to see some changes, feel free to post :)

Better?

We can do 30 games! Madden takes 2x as long as a baseball game! :p
I can make the series 3/2 games instead of 4/3, I guess, to cut down on games

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think ill go out and grab the game tomorrow. Hopefully. I know Me and FMT wanna roll with simular teams but since he has the game first ill let him choose whatever team he wants and ill decide form there

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Pwned Bob 13-2.. Lance 1 hr and Moberg 2 hrs,one off of Nefie Perez cause Bob forgot to sub his pitcher in and then he beaned Wilson after the hr and Nefie got tossed :lol

Bob didnt throw passed balls like crazy like dm except for when he was trying to bean my players on purpose,but like Dm this douche needed to practice or atleast read the manual before playing online :p

Roy had 17 ks :lol

Musashi,its a league not a tourney.

Fuzzy math indeed! I'll post the real stats!

Pre Will Ohman through five innings I lost 13-0.

Post Will Ohman in the 6th I won 2-0! Suck it down Matrix you lose this round!

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Fuzzy math indeed! I'll post the real stats!

Pre Will Ohman through five innings I lost 13-0.

Post Will Ohman in the 6th I won 2-0! Suck it down Matrix you lose this round!

:lol :lol :lol

I went soft on Ohman,I felt sorry for you ;)

Matrix

Mr.Booby owned again 5-1...Backe shuts him down except for a solo blast to Dlee.

Lance and Moberg both go deep and continue to haunt Bobs dreams.

Bob pitched much better with Maddux,his pen failed him,it was a 2-1 game till his pen imploded.

Bob you do need more practice on fielding and hitting the ball in play,foul master!

Miguel

(These can and probably will change if anyone wants to fight!)

NL
Miguel - Astros
DaddyZ - Phillies
MrBob - Cubs
Rorschach - Dodgers

AL
Matrix - Rangers
DMczaf - Ichiros
FMT - Angels
Fifty - Blue Jays
Musashi Wins! - Tigers
Wellington - Yankees

Undecided
ColdBlooded33 - No Team
swoon - No Team

Matrix

Mig,I dont think Daddyz can play till his classes end.He told me something like that on aim,I'm not sure when they end.

Mig,I'm also not 100% sure I want the Rangers,need to practice offline with a couple of other teams.

Zep

Banned
Yea Mig, after this easter break I wont have access to a PS2 until my classes are over (May 5th). So find it in your kindness of heart to hold out for me !:)

or come up with some solution because I dont wanna miss this league.

Matrix

A tourney would be good cause Bob needs tons of practice before the league begins :lol

Whooped that boob 12-2 again,Lance and Moberg pwn him with 2 hrs each again,its getting kinda sad :(

Matrix

I beat Bob again but hes finally starting to play better.

I won 2-1...guess why? LANCE AND MOBERG GO DEEP ON HIM AGAIN! every game Bob and I have played they have homered :D

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ill take the Mets. I was gonna get the game today, then i realized its easter sunday. Ill try for it tomorrow

Miguel

(These can and probably will change if anyone wants to fight!)

NL
Miguel - Astros
DaddyZ - Phillies
MrBob - Cubs
Rorschach - Dodgers
ColdBlooded33 - Mets

AL
Matrix - Rangers
DMczaf - Ichiros
FMT - Angels
Fifty - Blue Jays
Musashi Wins! - Tigers
Wellington - Yankees

Undecided
swoon - No Team

Matrix

awwww man I destroyed Dm 16-5 :(

MoBerg had 3 hr's,Dm had 100 passed balls and pulled a Bob and beaned me like 6 times.

I even had 3 walks...eye of the tiger!

Matrix

Fudge Jeff Kent hit a 2 run hr off of Roy O in my season >_<,but whats cool is that the announcers started talking about how Kent was Roys former teammate and he knew what pitch Roy would throw in that situation having watched him from 2nd base all the time.

Miguel

Matrix said:
Fudge Jeff Kent hit a 2 run hr off of Roy O in my season >_<,but whats cool is that the announcers started talking about how Kent was Roys former teammate and he knew what pitch Roy would throw in that situation having watched him from 2nd base all the time.

:lol That's awesome.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I beat Bob again but hes finally starting to play better.

I won 2-1...guess why? LANCE AND MOBERG GO DEEP ON HIM AGAIN! every game Bob and I have played they have homered :D

The ending to that game pissed me off! I was down to my last out with DLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE up, and what does he do? He CRUSHES two pitches for home runs EXCEPT THEY GO FOUL. :(. He still gets a single but then you had to walk ARAM to set up Douche Jones for the winning hit. He smacked the ball hard to but it pinpointed to your right fielder. Should have been a gap hit! :/

Matrix

Mrbob said:
The ending to that game pissed me off! I was down to my last out with DLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE up, and what does he do? He CRUSHES two pitches for home runs EXCEPT THEY GO FOUL. :(. He still gets a single but then you had to walk ARAM to set up Douche Jones for the winning hit. He smacked the ball hard to but it pinpointed to your right fielder. Should have been a gap hit! :/

Jason Lane FTW on that last out!

Mig,Roy O lost and my 5 game winning streak ended :( MoBerg hit a solo blast,but Penny owned my ass....I lost 3-1 :(

Kent player of the game,damn cheater knew what Roy was going to throw ! :p

Another cool thing was I liked how the announcers said Ensberg with Hr # 5 on the season :D

Matrix

Miguel said:
I'm 1 game into the Brewers series, Taylor Buchholz got pwned, gave up like 6 runs, only 3 earned :(

:lol :(

He just got pwned in real life too.

Matrix

FUCK JEFF KENT! I'm winning 4-3 and bring in Lidge for the save,Kent takes my 3rd pitch slider deep into the bullpen :( Then in the bottom of the 9th I have a man on 3rd with 2 outs and Lance up.The cpu int walks Lance cause you dont want fat elvis owning you,so they decide to face Ensberg and he rips the crap out of a first pitch fastball right at,guess who....Kentjk;swdbeuqufluroqwgvor >_<

I'm now in extra innings,the friggin 13th,praying I can win the game with Gallo and Russ Springer.

Top Bottom