• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Matchup Thread (PS2)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
MANGO GW HR!! PILE UP AT HOMEPLATE :lol

Miguel

Matrix said:
MANGO GW HR!! PILE UP AT HOMEPLATE :lol

0-chrisburke.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mango 9 hits this season,4 are hr's and ones a triple,10 rbis...HE'S A BEAST!

Matrix

Lidge blows!

2nd straight game he blows a save for me,this time I lose though on a GW walk off HR by Dunn :(

Its like the game wanted revenge on me for the Burke Hr.

Matrix

New roster update up.... Stros ranked 7th now,movin on up nothin gonna stop us now! :D

Cubs 9th and Jays 10th....Fifty am cry :p

Mets ranked 3rd...barf,next week they will be number 1 watch :( Still not sure why the have the A's at 2nd and Yanks at first.

Next week they should have Griffey and Backe on the DL :(

They also gave Berkman more Power :eek: *Bob goes into sucide watch mode*

"There are 129 player movements and 260 attribute updates in this week's Live Roster.

Here are some highlights:

Change Highlights:
- SP Kevin Correia moved from Giants Minors to Giants Starting.
- SP Chan Ho Park moved from Padres Relief to Padres Starting.
- LF Terrmel Sledge moved from Padres Bench to Padres Position.
- RP Doug Brocail moved from Padres Relief to Padres Minors.
- 3B Chipper Jones moved from Braves Position to Braves DL.
- RP Brian Sweeney moved from No Team to Padres Relief.
- SS Rich Aurilia moved from Reds Bench to Reds Position.
- SP Scott Erickson moved from Yankees Minors to No Team.
- C Rene Rivera moved from Mariners Minors to Mariners Bench.
- 3B Sean Burroughs moved from Devil Rays Minors to Devil Rays Bench.
- RP Brad Halsey moved from A's Minors to A's Relief.
- SS Damian Jackson moved from Nationals Bench to Nationals Position.

Attribute Highlights:
- Travis Hafner
- Ramon Hernandez
- Vladimir Guerrero
- Paul Konerko
- Vladimir Guerrero
- Jason Giambi
- Derek Jeter
- Phil Nevin
- Carlos Delgado
- Ryan Howard
- Scott Rolen
- Derrek Lee
- Willy Taveras
- Carlos Lee

Power:
- David Ortiz
- Eric Chavez
- Gary Sheffield
- Ronnie Belliard
- Magglio Ordonez
- Lance Berkman
- Khalil Greene
- Alfonso Soriano
- Carlos Beltran
- Shawn Green
- Edgar Renteria
- Ken Griffey jr.

Pitching:
- Claudio Vargas
- Greg Maddux
- Carlos Zambrano
- Barry Zito
- Curt Schilling
- Mike Mussina
- Bobby Jenks

"

Miguel

FUCK THE STUPID RETARDED WIRING IN MY HOUSE!

My dad flipped some switch in the corner of the livingroom that apparently turns off all the power to my room, in the middle of my franchise save! >:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 games gone! >:O

:(

Miguel

Miguel said:
FUCK THE STUPID RETARDED WIRING IN MY HOUSE!

My dad flipped some switch in the corner of the livingroom that apparently turns off all the power to my room, in the middle of my franchise save! >:O!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 games gone! >:O

:(

By the way, maaaaaan Geoff Jenkins pissed me the fuck off, so much that I beaned him in the head and knocked him out of the game his next at bat.

He knocked in a dinger just over the right field fence.

His "HR celebration" was, after he hit the HR, he slowly put the bat down on home plate, did a "shh" motion towards my dugout, and started slowly skipping/trotting/laughing on his way to first.

Taylor wasn't going to take that shit. Next time up, first pitch, nailed in the head. Rolls around on the dirt for a minute, and is taken out.

doublehgiants.jpg

"DON'T FUCK WITH ME BITCH!"

Matrix

:lol @ Jenkins pwning joo

:( @ your dad and wiring pwning joo

Matrix

I might play you later for a free win,but I'm going out to eat right now.

Matrix

Finally pwned Fiftys Jays :D

8-0,though the last two innings Fifty quit trying.Am I the only one when they're losing who doesnt resort to beaning people? :\

Mig,Taylor would have made you proud if you were watching,9 inning complete game shutout,13 ks,atleast two were cheap freebies cause Fifty was bunting every swing and only two hits allowed.

B-G-O 4 for 4,2 hrs,5 rbis..GRANDSLAMALAMADINGDONG

Matrix

Why,so If I start winning I can get beaned 10 times? :\

I'm sure you guys all like the bean animations,but its annoying as hell cause I feel like I'm playing someone whos not trying.

Fifty and Mig have beat me countless times and I didnt do that shit,I know its a game,but wtf it would be like me going offsides in football everytime cause I was pissed.

I think one bean is ok,shit two is borderline,more than that and its like ok wtf am I playing.

Matrix

DMczaf said:

I might be getting beaned like Sammy,but I'm taking my wins with the beatings.

Fifty

Matrix said:
Finally pwned Fiftys Jays :D

8-0,though the last two innings Fifty quit trying.Am I the only one when they're losing who doesnt resort to beaning people? :\

I didn't quit trying, as much as I kept playing so you could get a win. I said I was going to quit once the game got to midnight, so when I saw it was 11:55, instead of trying hard for one inning, and then quitting, since you had dominated for 7 innings, I bunted out the game so you'd get your win. It was a selfless act!

Matrix

Fifty said:
I didn't quit trying, as much as I kept playing so you could get a win. I said I was going to quit once the game got to midnight, so when I saw it was 11:55, instead of trying hard for one inning, and then quitting, since you had dominated for 7 innings, I bunted out the game so you'd get your win. It was a selfless act!

:lol It seemed like you were beaning me anytime I did anything good,which in turned put men on base for me to drive in :lol

I knew you were going to quit,thats why I knew you stopped trying once it got close to 12.I dont care about that,its just im getting beaned far too much since I started playing better and I find it funny that when I was losing I was never beaned :lol

Dont worry Fifty,its no big deal in the long run cause it gives me guys on base :p Like I said its just makes you wonder if the person you are playing gives a flying fuck.

Fifty

Oh I gave a fuck. I played like utter shit, but I tried. Don't worry..the 1/10 times when you beat me will be deemed clean wins! I even beaned your best player, which you recommended earlier that I do, instead of just beaning the first guy who comes up.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Oh I gave a fuck. I played like utter shit, but I tried. Don't worry..the 1/10 times when you beat me will be deemed clean wins! I even beaned your best player, which you recommended earlier that I do, instead of just beaning the first guy who comes up.

1/10 :lol ...your team was downgraded,its on from now on! :D

Fmt,just raped me with Vlad and Colon :( I lost 2-1 on a curverball that didnt break and Vlad made the pitch his bitch.

Matrix

I know why Dm has so many passed balls,hes afraid to pitch anything in the strike zone.

" Its all a conspiracy,I pitch in the zone all the time"
wild.jpg

DMczaf

Even my 3rd baseman has wild pitches

"Hmm its 2-1, i cant have us having a chance to tie or win in the bottom of the 9th! *throws to Bartman*

Matrix

Even if you hadnt of made the error you were not going to score on Lidge! :p

"Tom says put the glasses back on Dm and use your pen some....DUSTY BAKER JR!
16553__sheen_l.jpg

Matrix

Mig,we ever going to have a tourney? I know we are waiting till atleast May for season play,but we could get the ball rolling on that tourney :(

Miguel

I'll get started on it today. I was kinda bummed out yesterday about losing the 20 games I had already played, didn't even play the show last night.

Miguel

Preliminary Playoff seeding...

N L
MrBob - Cubs vs Rorschach - Dodgers
Miguel - Astros vs DaddyZ - Phillies

A L
Matrix - Rangers vs FMT - Angels
Fifty - Blue Jays vs DMczaf - Ichiros

NL Reserve:
ColdBlooded33 - Mets

AL Reserves:
Musashi Wins! - Tigers
Wellington - Yankees

I will give Matrix the Astros if DaddyZ can't play.
I will fill in wherever necessary, either AL or NL.

Matrix

I made a stupid mistake myself,I forgot to save after I played 4 straight games early in the morning and I had won 3 of 4 >_< :( I just turned off my system thinking I saved,now watch I lose 3 of 4.

Seedings look good,I dont think Daddy can even play online till May.SO GIVE ME MA STROS!

Mig,can you set up the tourney online how you want it?

Miguel

Matrix said:
I made a stupid mistake myself,I forgot to save after I played 4 straight games early in the morning and I had won 3 of 4 >_< :( I just turned off my system thinking I saved,now watch I lose 3 of 4.

Seedings look good,I dont think Daddy can even play online till May.SO GIVE ME MA STROS!

Mig,can you set up the tourney online how you want it?

Whoops, I meant to put coldblooded in rather than daddyz :lol

I'll take the AL though..

If CK is in, I'll take the Red Sox, if not, I may take the DRays or something.

Miguel

N L
MrBob - Cubs vs Rorschach - Dodgers
Matrix - Astros vs ColdBlooded33 - Mets

A L
Miguel - A's/Red Sox vs FMT - Angels
Fifty - Blue Jays vs DMczaf - Ichiros

Playoff Stats Format
boxscore.jpg

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Just gave FMT and his angels the beating of a lifetime, FELT SO GOOD.

I lose to fmt and you beat him....what the shit :|

Matrix

adoubledg:CHICAGO FIRST BASEMAN DEREK LEE LEFT THE GAME IN THE SEVENTH INNING DUE TO AN APPARENT INJURY TO HIS RIGHT ARM. PITCHER SCOTT EYRE LEFT THE GAME IN THE SEVENTH INNING DUE TO AN APPARENT INJURY TO HIS RIGHT LEG.

adoubledg: i feel bad,injuries suck
mrbob2k1: im selling mlb 06 if i cant use dleeee
adoubledg: LMAO LMAO
mrbob2k1: :(
mrbob2k1: i hate sony
adoubledg: lol
mrbob2k1:their online updates are too accurate
mrbob2k1: fuck them

adoubledg: SEASON AM DONE FOR BOOBY AM CRY
mrbob2k1: :(

Matrix

Miguel said:
FMT's going to ban me from playing Madden :(

What happened? :lol

Matrix

No he didnt! what the hell >_<

Fmt with the stealth edit :lol

Matrix

Signed up,nice work guys.

Isnt Coldblooded supposed to be the Mets? I dont even know if he got the game :(

Matrix

This is going to crash and burn! >_< :(

I blame madden.

Only the 6 of us who have been playing online have signed,Mig you should have just made the tourney for 6 people.

Mrbob

WELL IT LOOKS LIKE ILL BE WITHOUT DLEE FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS IN THE SHOW ONLINE. THANK YOU SONY FOR HAVING SUCH ACCURATE ROSTER UPDATES AHOLES.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
WELL IT LOOKS LIKE ILL BE WITHOUT DLEE FOR ABOUT TWO MONTHS IN THE SHOW ONLINE. THANK YOU SONY FOR HAVING SUCH ACCURATE ROSTER UPDATES AHOLES.

I wont have Backe to use anymore either.

No crying in baseball biznatch!

Matrix

Maybe Mig could fix it where we play,unless Coldblooded replies.

Mr.Sparkle has joined,you cant have a league without a little sparkle.

Matrix

wtf now I'm supposed to be playing the Phils and Bigdaddy cant play online till May.

Who's running this SHOW? :p

Also how come CK isnt using the Yanks? :\

Fifty

Why doesn't Mig switch the matchups so DM and Matrix can play, since I won't be able to go online on my PS2 until monday. Just an idea.

Rorschach

This looks to go down like a Konex league. I KEED BECAUSE I LOVE!

A little advice: talk to people before making big moves, reply to questions in the thread, and post updates/reminders/confirmations in the NeoGaf thread.

Matrix said:
Who's running this SHOW? :p
A monkey ;b

1. CB isn't the yankees because wellington is (i'm trying not to refer to you as CK anymore since people get confused!)

2. me and miguel are running the show. it is miguels league and i am only helping out. if you have issues or questions or requests contact one of us on AIM

Top Bottom