• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Matchup Thread (PS2)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Matrix said:
Maybe Mig could fix it where we play,unless Coldblooded replies.

Mr.Sparkle has joined,you cant have a league without a little sparkle.

Yeah im still here. I was gonna get the game on monday but have just been busy this whole week. i should be able to get it tomorrow or saturday morning

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Coldblooded cool,but I think they're fixing the schedule again :lol So we wont be playing against eachother yet.

Miguel

Alright, here are the details as it appears the playoffs have already started!

5-7-7 Playoff Format

AL
FrenchMovieTheme (ANA) vs DMczaf (SEA)
Wellington (NYY) vs Miguel (BOS)

NL
Matrix (HOU) vs MrBob (CHC)
ColdBlooded33 (NYM) vs Rorschach (LAD)

All Star difficulty
Guess pitch off
Home team challenges (default stadium, whatever time of day/grass you want)
4 man rotation (can be 5 if you want!)

Roger Clemens Doctrine:
--Game 5 Divisional Round/Game 7 Championship Round/Elimination game in World Series
(Anything goes assuming a starter has had at least 2 games rest)
A starter can come in as a reliever, as long as he didn't pitch either of the previous two games, only applies to the above listed games. In the first 2 rounds, this means that if your team advances, that pitcher will have to go back to his 3 days of rest schedule. (I'll work on this more at some point, it's kinda confusing.

Rick Ankiel Rule:
--Don't start beaning people all game! It's funny at first, but don't keep doing it. For those of you that want to know, no, you cannot get all of your pitchers thrown out. I TRIED!
(Yes MiG, THIS MEANS YOU!...wait, that's me...:O)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Took game one from Bob 1-0,pitching duel.

Roy O dominated a little bit more than Fat Z.

B-G-O with a first pitch Hr to lead off the game and at the time I never thought that would be my only run,11 hits and thats all I muster out.Bob has impoved much with his pitching and fielding,this is WAR.

Lane also had an amazing rob of a sure fire double by Bob which kept a perfect game going with Roy into the 6th and then in the 7th I gave up a weak infield single and my dreams ended :(

Matrix

Mrbob said:
I finally kicked Fat Elvis's ass, so I take a small victory from this game!

Yea he did get pwned :(

Matrix

Stros win the series against the Scrubs :D

Game 4 goes like this...

Bob leads 4-3 two outs man on 3rd for me and Biggio up,bottom of the 9th,pitch 1 strike,pitch two Biggio lines a double in the gap.Bidge ties this shit up and sends it into extras where it goes to the bottom of the 12th and guess who....

WALK OFF GAME WINNING HR,ROUND THOSE BASES BIDGE

_1490123_bball_biggio150.jpg

"I know I'm the shit"
CraigBiggio_P18.jpg

Game 5 is next and the Stros lead the series 2-1 and need this win to close it out.The game is a slaughter house in the 3rd and 4th inning.The Stros sent 5 and 6 runs across the plate in each inning,it was sad to see such a tight series end on such a lopsided note,but boy was it fun :D

"The man in the middle of the gang rape drove in 5 and hit a monster hr that Bob will be thinking about for years"

05-houston-astros-nlcs-gm6-celebration-sm.jpg

Series Mvp - B-G-O,without his bat in game 4 the series would have been totally different.
Scrub of the Series - Michael Barret,dude had passed balls that hurt his team and he calls a lousy game.

Matrix

So do I have anyone to actually play now? :lol

Or do Dm and I sit here here and count sheep till we fall asleep.

Oh snaps that rhymed.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
So do I have anyone to actually play now? :lol

Or do Dm and I sit here here and count sheep till we fall asleep.

Oh snaps that rhymed.

I'll play you online right now. :D

Matrix

Ok I'll go log on.

Matrix

I cant play right now Lonestar,but how it works,stupid system,but you and I would have to meet in a game room at the sametime and then I can click on the name you created and send you an invite to be on my buddy list.

Once you have accepted,I can challenge you to a game anytime and we dont have to meet in a room anymore.It sucks that you cant just search for a name and send the invite.

CB3

Ror, we're gonna have to delay our game. I went to go pick if up from Gamerush but they didnt have it so i have to check another one later on tonight. ill keep you posted

CB3

Fuck, i go to the other blockbuster, and its closed. Horrible.

Our game may have to wait until monday until i can visit the GR by my school

Rorschach

This game needs better bullpen management online...oh, and your opponent can't check his pause menu when you pause? What kind of shit is that? They should just let you use the offline mode management :(

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
haha, nice pickup game Ror! First, you get 2 runs on a "ball bounces behind a wall....IT'S IN PLAY!" Home Run, then I lay down a perfect Sac Bunt...oops, my runner on 1st never moved...

Oh, and I think there were 35 strikeouts combined!!!

Matrix

Whats wrong with the bullpen management online?

CB3

MLB Get! Finally found a fucking Gamerush that had 1 copy left. Ror, Hit me up if you wanna play.

( I have no fucking clue what im getting myself into, just by looking at the manual :lol )

Miguel

Wellington said:
Sorry about last night Mig. I completely forgot.

WHenever you are next available I will play!

I'll be home at around 12:30 Eastern time. If you're up, we can squeeze a game in if you want. If not, the earliest will probably be thursday.

Miguel

GOD DAMN I LOVE THIS GAME :lol

It's 5am, a hard fought battle in this one. (in my franchise)

Andy gets thrown out early on a pitch that got away from him (WTF), then 3 of my hitters get plunked, no ejections for the Marlins (BS!) and then Willy argues a call at first (where he was CLEARLY safe) and gets thrown out!!! WTF?!

So I'm up 3-2 in the 7th...2 outs, ground ball to everett, holds it...holds it...throws to 1st...SAFE....WTF? GET THE BALL OUT OF YOUR GLOVE ADAM!

VERY next fucking pitch...2 run jack. I'm down 4-3. In the bottom of the inning, I load the bases, ground into a double play >_<, Marlins score again in the 8th, 5-3 Marlins. Can't get anything going at the bottom of the 8th. Gallo (YES GALLO) gets a 1-2-3 inning in the top of the 9th, setting up Bruntlett to get a hit (WOO!) Only to get picked off at first (!@#$%) Lance gets a single, Ensberg Ks, Wilson gets a hit that the SS would have had him NAILED if he threw the ball on time, payback for the Everett play earlier in the game. Men on 1st and 2nd, down 2, Jason Lane steps up to the plate.
First pitch

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!

Walk off 3 run blast to get the fuck out of there and go home with a win! WOOOO!!!!

Edit: This is only my 2nd game in my restarted franchise :lol, I'm going to go insane if I ever lose like this.

Matrix

:lol haha awesome.

Matrix

:eek: jesus Mig wait till you play in Denver,the ball friggin flies out of the park.

Damn this game is hardcore :D

Matrix

Cool as hell,I just got Berkman's 1,000 career hit against LA.

Miguel

:lol

I'm 2 games into my season, first game was a blowout, 9-2
Second game was close, coming down to the final at bat. (JASON LANE FTW!!!)

I'm hoping to get about 5-10 games in tonight. :) I'm on a mission to catch up before the off day on Thursday.

Matrix

Miguel said:
I went to Best Buy today, saw 8 copies sitting on the shelf.

And holy shit does 2k6 on 360 suck.

Konex was playing it earlier :lol

Matrix

Anyone want to play a game of show now?

Matrix

Mig,Backe is gone :( Frosty is the new starter.

Rorschach

It's hard playing against Lo Duca when Alomar drops everything. I miss you, buddy, come back! They're just gonna dump you like they dumped Piazza!
..after we dumped him...and you...

At least I won't have to play Green...maybe Sheffield :\

On a good side note: JD Drew POTG :D

[edit] how good are the online roster updates? I want Gagne back as soon as the Dodgers put him back in!

PS: where are you, mig, I need to rub stuff in your face XD

Matrix

Wow Dm no words can describe your pitching.

10 walks...eye of the tiger!.

I scored 8 runs,only had one rbi on a solo blast by Moberg and 4 hits total.You are so wild I scored 7 of those 8 runs on passed balls.WTF are you doing? You throw the ball in the dirt,you throw the ball super high.How did you beat FMT? :p You gave up 7 stolen bases cause you never pay attention to the runners on base...TOO HARDCORE FOR DM!

Lets not even talk about you hitting 4 of my guys on purpose >_<

Matrix

:lol jesus that was a slugfest Mig.

Poopjuls 3 for 3...3 hrs,9 rbis :lol One grandslamadamadingdong.Might have had more if you didnt bean me twice :lol :p

Moberg pwned me.

I think you and I need to move up the difficulty level now.

roy 4 innings,10 earned runs :(

Matrix

cant wait for season play :D

Matrix

I dont think it starts till around May 5th or a couple days later.

MIG!?

DMczaf

I try to eat some of my food, and because the game doesnt even leave the pitching screen while someone steals bases I never even know mig is running around the bases.

You should know somethings is up Mig when you run from 1st base to home plate and im not pitching or moving.

Matrix

Stop being fat DM!

Top Bottom