• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Matchup Thread (PS2)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok,ill go on.

Lets get this game on now! Stros play at 9:40 :\ strange start time.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DM pwned....6-1,moyer is old and tired...USE YOUR PEN WILD MAN DM! over 100 pitchs :lol 2 walks.....20 pass balls :lol

Dm has lag,no way its me,I had a flawless game.

Oliver Perez fucking pwns all.

DMczaf

the pitching sensativity is fucking ridiculous, i try to paint corners and I get pitches going flying left and right.

MVP > MLB The Show when it comes to pitching precision. Moyer is useless in The Show, in MVP I at least have his control.

Matrix

Dude thats because you're not putting the pitches in the right spot,you have to think about how they break.

You know how many times I saw you throw high pitchs after Moyer was tired....I cant even count the total.

Why didnt I have any pass balls? :lol

DMczaf

none of my pitches were going where I wanted them to go, from the start of the game til the end.

On that Jason Bay HR, I had the cursor aimed to the far right. The pitch ends up going RIGHT over the middle of the plate even though I didnt screw up on the meter.

When I had FeHe last game, I didnt have to worry about precision because he just throws 100 mph fireballs, but with moyer and his 86 mph fastball, I actually need to pitches to go where I want them to go.

Miguel

:lol

DM learns the hard way about the pitching system in MLB.

You put the ball where it's going to break, not where it's going to end up :lol

Curveballs left in the bottom 1/3 of the plate = 56 ft pitches :D

Matrix

DMczaf said:
none of my pitches were going where I wanted them to go, from the start of the game til the end.

On that Jason Bay HR, I had the cursor aimed to the far right. The pitch ends up going RIGHT over the middle of the plate even though I didnt screw up on the meter.

When I had FeHe last game, I didnt have to worry about precision because he just throws 100 mph fireballs, but with moyer and his 86 mph fastball, I actually need to pitches to go where I want them to go.

Dude not every pitch is going to do what you want,THATS BASEBALL :p :lol

Moyer sucks,just get over the man!

DMczaf

Wait, so the cursor pretty much means nothing?

That has to be the dumbest pitching cursor system ever.

"Hey guys, lets give the players a ball cursor for pitching...but the pitch doesnt actually go there! Its going to be pretty funny!"

Matrix

Well yea its starts to mean less when the pitcher is out of gas....you left Moyer in far too long when you knew he was off,ever heard of a pen?

You were pitching fine at the start of the game,so I dont know wtf you're talking about,it was 1-0 you till like the 4th and I tied it up on a solo blast on a mistake pitch,happened all the time in MVP.

Game is too hardcore for dm :(

DMczaf

Hey lets do this for FPS games next!

"When you shoot using the cursor on the screen, you arent actually aiming where you want to shoot but where you want to shoot 5 secs from now!"

Matrix

Dude the system is fine,I was doing the same shit as you till I learned how to play the game.

THINK LIKE A PITCHER!

Matrix

Holy shit I just realized we have DRAMA and we havent even started a season.

This rocks :lol

Matrix

I think Dm went to practice or write hate notes about us :(

Miguel

Matrix said:
I think Dm went to practice or write hate notes about us :(
oswaltbubblesmall.jpg

Matrix

"I'm a broken system,its time for me to retire"
moyers.jpg

Miguel

MLB 06 The Show League Interest

Miguel - Astros
Matrix - Rangers
ColdBlooded33 - No Team
DMczaf - Ichiros
DaddyZ - Phillies
FMT - No Team
MrBob - Cubs
Fifty - Blue Jays
swoon - No Team

9 so far, with about 6-7 who haven't responded to PMs yet.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Miguel said:
MLB 06 The Show League Interest

Miguel - Astros
Matrix - Rangers

Might just wanna start a seperate interest thread here in the online forum.

Anyway, i might be interested

Miguel

ColdBlooded33 said:
Might just wanna start a seperate interest thread here in the online forum.

Anyway, i might be interested

No one will check the Online Forum for it, and I don't want to have two similar threads in different forums.

This way, we can set everything up in this thread, then go from there.

A few rules.

--I'm still undecided on how to do a pitching rotation. Likely 5 man rotations (TayBuch!!)
--There are no season/week long injuries, players come back the next day. Steroids ftw!
--Turn guess pitch/location off.
--You can reorder your batting lineup however you want, pitching rotations will be locked to the current rosters. If you have a #2 starter you think should be #1? TOO BAD! It will get confusing after a while.
That's about it for now...I'll see if I can come up with anything else!

Matrix

Dm is stealth hating on the game! He's most likely on a mission to get people not to buy the game....all cause he cant pitch after playing a whopping two games online >_<

we know your dirty secrets dm.

DMczaf

WTF, Im repeating to MrBob the same thing I said in this thread. I think the pitching system is retarded. I like MVP's system is better.

You guys gossip like teenage girls.

Matrix

Fmt told me too,fmt gossips? :p

Bob told me you said he shouldnt get it :lol Bob am lying? well yea most likely...its bob :(

Fifty

If it goes through (I'm cautious about leagues since so few are successes) I'll play with the Jays. I hope I can handle the schedule.

edit: Since it's the madden group playing in the league, I'm not so worried....Running the WE league had jaded me however.

mig i know it's "your league" but i would ask that you make me a co-commissioner for the following reasons:

1. it is a lot of work by yourself, trust me
2. i know how league daddy runs
3. i am around a lot to advance things, and so on

for all those reasons and more, i nominate myself, fmt, as co-commissioner.

p.s. good to have you back in the fold fifty :D

Miguel

:lol

I was going to ask you to co-commish!

The Reggie Bowl participants hold no bad blood between each other! Despite each team trying their hardest to tank!

Matrix

I think Mig is playing Dm online,lets see how bad they lag and if Dm has better success with pitching.

Matrix

Miguel said:
0-chrisburke.jpg

Astros win 3-2 in 11 innings!

Burke with the Walkoff RBI single to end the game

Burke ftw!

How was the game? lag? passed balls?

Seems Dm pitched better.

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I pitched better? LOL

I think I had more wild pitches vs. Miguel then I had vs. you :p

Well I was just going off the fact you only gave up 3 runs.

More passed balls than our game :eek: :lol that insane.

Keep playing,trust me once it clicks you wont be throwing the crazy amount you are,unless the game is truly laggy.

had a pretty good game against dm. here is what i noticed about this game:

* not quite as good as MVP
* solid game otherwise
* mvp pitching IS better to me, but this pitching is fine as well
* game was a little laggy here and there

anyways good times for a change!

Matrix

Thats exactly how I felt when I first started playing.

Since Ive started a season,this game is starting to surpass MVP for me :eek:

MVP wasnt without its faults guys,lets remember that,it was a great game,but I could hit 3 to 4 hrs in an inning with ease,I cant in the Show.

Also I could easily take Lidge in MVP and pitch a whole 9 inning game with him and he would never tire....my closer :\ Fifty and I had some extra inning games where I would keep Lidge in for innings.

online play is my game! i don't think this game could surpass MVP for me because it lacks the little things. hitters eye, throwing meters, being able to check your swing online... and so on :D

Matrix

FrenchMovieTheme said:
online play is my game! i don't think this game could surpass MVP for me because it lacks the little things. hitters eye, throwing meters, being able to check your swing online... and so on :D

I can easily check my swing online in the Show,this game just takes a little bit longer to get down.Mvp was easier to learn than this,thats for sure.

The throws are touch sensitive,so the harder you press the harder the throw and the opposite applies for softer throws.I consider it equal to the throwing meters.

I never really used the hitters eye :lol thats one thing I dont need in any baseball game.

Fifty

No point in comparing it to MVP. We're not getting MVP back, so if you want to play a baseball game this is the only playable option. Hopefully people get used to its differences and embrace them.

My biggest complaints are that you can't turn off the hot/cold zones and pitching vibration
(ideally we'd play all games without a strike zone, hot/cold zones and vibration) for the most realistic results and we might actually get a few walks that way.

Matrix

Fifty said:
No point in comparing it to MVP. We're not getting MVP back, so if you want to play a baseball game this is the only playable option. Hopefully people get used to its differences and embrace them.

My biggest complaints are that you can't turn off the hot/cold zones and pitching vibration
(ideally we'd play all games without a strike zone, hot/cold zones and vibration) for the most realistic results and we might actually get a few walks that way.

Thank you,people need to move on from MVP.Its either this or nothing if you're a baseball fan at all.

I agree with the hot/cold zones,but Fifty thats something you and I basically turned off.Most people like using it :\

Fifty you can get walks if you face Dm using Moyer...I got 2!

Matrix

No one played that shit on PS2...you lose!

edit- Like I didnt see STFU ;)

DMczaf

Matrix said:
No one played that shit on PS2...you lose!

edit- Like I didnt see STFU ;)

I was replying to Fifty, but then you popped up saying "MVP is gone" so I did an edit lol

And MVP IS ALIVE!!!!!1111

281419b.jpg

:(

Matrix

DMczaf said:
I was replying to Fifty, but then you popped up saying "MVP is gone" so I did an edit lol

And MVP IS ALIVE!!!!!1111

281419b.jpg

:(

You want to talk about pass balls,lets talk about errors :lol

Matrix

This baseball thread is turning into a former 49ers QB thread.

Did FMT take over your body ?

Top Bottom