• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Online League - Season 1 (We're gonna party like it's 1994)

Miguel

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/?lid=1592

The games will start at Midnight, May 3rd, 2006.

Why the 1994 you ask? Well, that was the year that baseball "died". The Divisions were realigned, Bud Selig caused a stopage, and had a World Series canceled. WE WILL RECREATE WHAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN! NO CENTRAL DIVISIONS! EAST AND WEST IS WHERE IT'S AT! Jeff Bagwell will claim what should have been his, from the comfort of his own seat in the dugout. THE 1994 SEASON LIVES ON! Good luck, gentlemen.

Mariners100.png
Angels100.png
BlueJays100.png
Rangers100.png

Yankees100.png
RedSox100.png
Tigers100.png
Indians100.png

Dodgers100.png
Astros100.png
Padres100.png
Reds100.png

Cubs100.png
Cardinals100.png
Mets100.png
Phillies100.png

Each Week will consist of a 3 game series against one opponent. All games must be completed within that week, ("weeK" will last 7 days for now, may be cut down depending on how fast we fly through everything)

Settings:
* 9 Innings
* All-Star difficulty
* Guess Pitch: OFF
-------------

1) 4 man rotation, NO EXCEPTIONS! (Going by the MLB The Show Rosters). So if your Pitchers are Joey, Bobby, David, and Julio, in game you Joey can start, game 2 bobby, game 3 david, game for julio, then your 5th game of the season Joey can start again, but not before that.

2) No Guess Pitch/Location, turn it off in the online game settings screen.

3) You can change your lineup/def positioning all you want (within reason). I don't want to see David Ortiz playing center field.

4) If you're losing, don't start plunking people every at bat. Once, maybe twice is ok, and you'll likely get hit back, which is fine. I don't want to see 8 HBP to 6HBP in a game. Don't be a sore loser! If you served up a pitch over the middle and got taken yard too bad!

5) You don't have to throw every pitch in the strikezone or every pitch out of the strikezone. Try to mix your pitches up. Don't swing at everything either!

6) You may designate if you want to start either your #4 or #5 guy, but let it be known in the season thread. The "4th starter" can be a platoon of #4 and #5 if you want, but that means that you'll likely have one less guy pitching out of the bullpen.

Current Divisions

AL West
DMczaf - Mariners
FMT - Angels
Fifty - Blue Jays
Andoduky- Rangers

AL East
Ramirez - Red Sox
Musashi Wins! - Tigers
Konex - Indians
Wellington - Yankees

NL West
Rorschach - Dodgers
Miguel - Padres
BirdBomb - Reds
Matrix - Astros

NL East
MrBob - Cubs
ColdBlooded33 - Mets
DaddyZ - Phillies
Lonestar - Cardinals

Week 1 Schedule

AL West
Seattle Mariners at Texas Rangers
California Angels at Toronto Blue Jays

AL East
Detroit Tigers at Cleveland Indians
Boston Red Sox at New York Yankees

NL West
Houston Astros at Cincinnati Reds
Los Angeles Dodgers at San Diego Padres

NL East
New York Mets at Philadelphia Phillies
Chicago Cubs at St Louis Cardinals

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Finally a real baseball league :D

*crosses fingers that it survives like a Madden season*

Rors,Im free to play tomorrow night anytime past 9 pm est,whats good for you? Also we will have to meet in a lobby so I can add you to my buddy list.

Andokuky

Banned
I'm going to suck in this thing. I've tried 3 games online so far to practice and get used to the latency, 2 times it was laggy beyond belief and the third time it was silky smooth and then we just lost contact after my first batter hit a ground ball. Are all the games like this online?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Andokuky said:
I'm going to suck in this thing. I've tried 3 games online so far to practice and get used to the latency, 2 times it was laggy beyond belief and the third time it was silky smooth and then we just lost contact after my first batter hit a ground ball. Are all the games like this online?

Nope,its not this bad.

I think its been more laggy today,something is up with the servers.I logged in once and my profile for the first time didnt load.

Fifty

1994? I like this. You guys remember who won the world series in 1992 and 1993, right?

BACK TO BACK TO BACK baby!

This gives me a chance at redemption!

Rorschach

Matrix said:
Finally a real baseball league :D

*crosses fingers that it survives like a Madden season*

Rors,Im free to play tomorrow night anytime past 9 pm est,whats good for you? Also we will have to meet in a lobby so I can add you to my buddy list.
10 pm EST good for you?

Uh-oh, I'm in the division with probably the best players and the much hated Giants. >:|

BRING IT OOOON!!

Matrix

I predict the Giants will win the pennant!
GiantSlidetoHome101402.jpg

Yea 10 tommorow night is good,I'll post here first.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Ahh, this blows. I demand to be in the same Division as Rorschach. A rivalry in one sport doesn't just end in another.

Though, at least we'll compete in the NL Championship game. SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE DONE.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
Ahh, this blows. I demand to be in the same Division as Rorschach. A rivalry in one sport doesn't just end in another.

Though, at least we'll compete in the NL Championship game. SO IT IS WRITTEN, SO SHALL IT BE DONE.

"Sshhhh I dont think so....Barroids aka Stocker has spoken"
a_bonds_195.jpg

Zep

Banned
Do you all have the Official Network Adaptor? Or can I go ahead and use the cheap-o-one. My ebgames has a USED Sony Adaptor for $17.

Fifty

Matrix said:
"Sshhhh I dont think so....Barroids aka Stocker has spoken"
a_bonds_195.jpg

I can't belive you picked the GIANTS. What a classless move. Barry Bonds? I hope you can't sleep at night. FMT should have taken them, or the Dodgers....instead he takes Anaheim and you take San Francisco. Bizarro land!

Matrix

Fifty said:
I can't belive you picked the GIANTS. What a classless move. Barry Bonds? I hope you can't sleep at night. FMT should have taken them, or the Dodgers....instead he takes Anaheim and you take San Francisco. Bizarro land!

Lets see I wanted the Stros,Mig gets them season one cause he payed for League daddy.I then wanted the Rangers,but realized I dont like other Texas teams,plus Andokuky wanted them and I gave them up cause I wanted as many people to join.

I then decided on the Cards,cause I thought that would make for some great divsion rivilary games with Mig.I was called out by Fmt and Rors for using a team I hate.

Then FMT/or Mig,I'm not sure who,created the divisions and had me down as the Cards.I couldnt think of another NL team that was decent,other than the Braves,but I hate them too.

I choose the Giants and now im gong to get shit for picking them :lol

Honestly someone draw a name out of a hat and give me a team :p

Matrix

Shit I'll be the Marlins,I'm used to playing with shit teams in videogames,losing comes naturally for me.

Still I dont think Mig wants to mess up the divsions now.

Fifty

No! What have I done? I was just busting Matrix's balls when Ando came along and took advantage of his fragile mental state! :(

The Giants are a good team....you have Alou. In fact, you have two Alous. Jason Schmidt is a legit #1 pitcher, and Bonds is Bonds. Aside from - The braves(who I really hate), reds, rockies, dodgers there's probably no better team for you :D

Also.....FMT: I'm away from my computer until maybe tomorrow morning. Remember that we're playing at 12 PST on wednesday, and tell me which lobby you'd like to meet in, as we're not on each other's friends list yet. Maybe we should establish a default lobby for people to meet up in.

Matrix

:lol

Dont worry I'm staying put with the Giants.Its too much of a hassle for Mig to do the schedule over and divisions.

edit- Yea a default lobby would be a good idea.

Miguel

Matrix said:

Dont worry I'm staying put with the Giants.Its too much of a hassle for Mig to do the schedule over and divisions.

edit- Yea a default lobby would be a good idea.

East 1 is normally empty.

Also, Matrix, I'm contemplating giving you the Astros, and taking another team for myself. MAYBE.

If I do switch, I'd be taking the Padres.

Matrix

:eek:

Why are you thinking of giving me the Stros? You feel sorry for me ? :lol :(

I didnt know you liked the Padres Mig.

Matrix

Miguel said:
I don't like the Padres, I like Trevor Hoffman (except in 98)

Ahhh,but to give me the Stros to use Hoffman instead,thats some strong crack you're snorting Mig :p

Miguel

Well, every time you want a team, someone keeps taking it, I figure rather than have you use your 4th-5th choice, I'll give you the Stros this season, and I'll take them next season.

Plus, it comes down to the Giants, Braves, and Padres of the teams I would pick, and I would take SD out of those 3

If you want to keep the Giants though...feel free. :p

Matrix

Hell no Id rather use the Stros :lol I'm not sure why everyone is giving me a hard time about it,its kinda funny,THEY WONT LIKE ME IF I USE THE STROS! Using another team I wont do as well.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Stop saying Giants. There is only ONE real Giants organization in all of sports and they play football!

Ram-dogs, I am down to play whenever you can. I should be getting home at around 9:30 Eastern tonight.

Time for me to take home the pennant.

PS: Everyone knows Miguel and I will be away at E3 next week right? ;)

Miguel

Week 2 (unless everyone finishes by thursday night) will start around the start of E3.

If everyone gets their games in soon enough though, maybe we can advance week 2 pretty fast.

Miguel

Lonestar said:

Sorry buddy!

Astros vs Padres in the NLCS. Padres vs Blue Jays in the WS.

Matrix

So am I the stros? I'm all confused :lol

And you know you wont beat me if I'm the Stros Mig ;)

Miguel

Yeah, you're the Astros now, I'm taking one for the team and taking the Fathers. Watch out NL West, Head Hunter Hoffman is coming for you!

Matrix

Rors looks like you have Mig the first week instead.

Birdbomb,when can you play? I can play tomorrow night anytime past 9 pm eastern.

Matrix

Cold he posted this above in the thread...

"Coldblooded, friday is the earliest for me."

Ramirez

Sweet,I have the day off tomorrow,so whenever is best for you Wellie,hopefully we can connect :lol

Hey what's the password to sign up to the league?

Miguel

Ramirez said:
Sweet,I have the day off tomorrow,so whenever is best for you Wellie,hopefully we can connect :lol

Hey what's the password to sign up to the league?
royrage.jpg

password: angryleprechaun

BirdBomb

Banned
Birdbomb,when can you play? I can play tomorrow night anytime past 9 pm eastern.

Im available to lose tonight. I'm available after probably 9cnt. just hit me up on AIM and i'll let you know when i'm ready.

Rorschach

Fucking eh...I was all ready to play Matrix at this time...now I have to hunt down the flaker and keep begging him for a game. -_-

omg you're using the Padres on purpose! Ex Dodger catchers are my weakness!

Miguel

Rorschach said:
WE isn't the only game I have a hard time getting you to play. :D

You're Senor Bob. The messican version of Mister Bob.
Only other game is Madden, and my brother takes my Madden too :(

I'm gonna start bringing my games to work

Rorschach

MiG you lucky son of a...The wind takes away a run for me and gives you two?! I HATE THIS GAME! :'(

[edit]PS: BAEZ IS A CRACKWHORE I NEEDS ME SOME GAGNE!

Top Bottom