• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Online League - Season 1 (We're gonna party like it's 1994)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mig,the Stros are coming for your @ss next!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
8 teams havent even attempted to play one game yet....wtf :(

Matrix

Lonestar said:
You can make that 9! I'm not sure you would call how I play "attempted" ;P

:lol

Fifty

Hold on, did Matrix score 20 runs in one game?

what?

30 runs in two games

I'm sorry, but your opponent either gave up, or should be shipped to AAA. You're not that good, Mr.!

BirdBomb

Banned
Fifty said:

what?

30 runs in two games

I'm sorry, but your opponent either gave up, or should be shipped to AAA. You're not that good, Mr.!

He belted pitches that would have been wild for HRs. My guys belted..ground balls. Try playing me before you talk trash bud.

Matrix

Fifty said:

what?

30 runs in two games

You havent played me in a while :p I told you I had been playing a ton of games offline aganst the cpu in season mode with the Stros.I dont know if you read one of my posts where I said I had 3 hrs in a game with Lance and 9 rbis,I'm used to scoring big with them now.Reds also have shitty pitching,whenever I play you Im facing a stud on the mound.

I also had a huge advantage over Birdbomb cause Ive had the game for a long time.Birdbomb gave up most the runs at the start of the games,I'm believe he didnt try as hard when he was down big,I mean who would? I wouldnt,but he still played legit and didnt bean my batters on purpose or stop playing D.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Wow passed balls by fielders are even more fucking prevalent online. :megarolleyes

Two double plays on bunts. Someone up there hates me. :lol

Ramirez

This game does indeed have some major issues,the way you all were talking about it made it sound like it was better than MVP :p

This game is marginally better than the 2K shit ;)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Ramirez said:
This game does indeed have some major issues,the way you all were talking about it made it sound like it was better than MVP :p

The only issues it has are the passed pitches and passed fieldable balls.

Graphical issues aside. ;)

Matrix

Ramirez said:

what?

Ramirez

How about no control what-so-ever on where you hit the ball?Pretty big one if I do say so myself :lol A ball 5 miles outside,yet I somehow magically pull it into the upper deck of Yankee Stadium,hmm...

Plus no throwing meters while fielding and a clumsy pitching system that really makes no sense to me at all,some pitches don't break as they should,etc. etc.

The game is passable,that's about it.

I speak truth Matrix!I won all 3 of my games,so you can't say Im just bitching because of a loss!

Matrix

Have you tried using the left stick with the x or square button to hit the ball where you want it to go? Mvp does have a better hitting system,I agree with you on that.

Throwing meters are in the game they just dont show,pressure sensitive buttons.Tap and its a lighter throw and holding down harder makes for a quicker/harder throw.

Pitches break perfect in this game,I dont get what you mean by that,unless you are throwing mistake pitchs.System is just as good as MVP's.People who throw a ton of pass balls dont get it,aka Dm.

The game is more than passable,to even say its slighty better than 2k baseball games is a joke....even if you're winning.

I can see why some people prefer MVP over this game,but honestly how many games have you even played of Show Ram?

I really cant believe you even compared this game to 2k,a game with white ichiro.If this was only a little better than 2k none of us would be playing it,except for Konex.

Matrix

Ramirez said:
Low blow! :lol

Its the truth ;)

Then again Dm will just bring up the fact I choke in Madden all the time,so it evens out.

double edit - I havent played dm in awhile,he could be better,my low blow was based on our past games.

Andokuky

Banned
GG... finally got to play more than 1/3 of an inning online. Latency blows, I don't know of I'll ever get used to this.

DMczaf

Yeah, the random lag spikes were annoying.

Ugh, Moyer sucked that game. I had to take his ass out after 4 innings so he wouldnt cost me the game :lol

Matrix

Miguel said:
The tribe has spoken....

Mig,LETS PLAY OUR WEEK 2 GAMES! you and rors are too slow :(

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
yea, do what you have to do. I explained privately to fmt and konex that my home pc/laptop is fried so I'm having issues figuring out how to schedule a game I can be at. It really sucks but you can imagine if you're rather pc dependent just how big a problem that can be. I'm trying to solve it in the short term but...I'm not sure what will happen. I love this game and I'm dying to play so I apologize for any inconvenience.

If someone wants to hop in for this league since I can't say for sure how I'll make a long term commitment to play or be able to schedule long in advance, please say so. Again, I'll try to figure things out so I don't feck it all up.

BirdBomb

Banned
Why is this game laggier than WSB2k2 online?

GG. 4-2, I got two lucky home runs and gave up 3 runs off of laggy wild pitches and another after Ichiro gets a triple off a simple liner to the right that it somehow takes my guy an hour to get to. Even the fielding is laggy beyond belief... in the 6th inning before 2 runs were scored off of wild pitches a simple grounder right up the middle for an easy double play to end the inning.. NO! My 2B runs in a circle because of CPU fielding/lag combination and instead I don't get shit. I don't see this game being very fun, the lag spikes and 56k-ish fielding just suck.

Edit: Rangers BTW

Matrix

Birdbomb/Ando not sure who Im talking too,but I'm starting to think your guys connection is sorta the problem,that is if you guys are sharing the same connection.I have had lag in some games against other people,but the lag when I play against other people has been no where near as bad as in the games I played with Birdbomb.

I did complain of awful lag a couple of days ago,but I played 4 games yesterday against random people and had none.

I'm not sure what to think of the whole lag issue.

Miguel

Against FMT and Rors, we had a few lag spikes throughout the game, only 1 of which caused a problem in either game. Except for that though, the game was good. I don't think I've had more than 1-2 problems in games against Matrix, and we've played like 10 games.

DM just can't pitch :lol

We'll see how it goes though, :) Matrix, I'm coming for jew!...you!...you jew!

Matrix

Miguel said:
DM just can't pitch :lol

We'll see how it goes though, :) Matrix, I'm coming for jew!...you!...you jew!

This jew is taking atleast 2 out of 3 from you messican!

I got Taylor,Roy and Andy lined up to face you.

Miguel

Crap :(

I've got like...Scott Linebrink or something :(

*checks*

Peavy / Young / Williams / Park

Linebrink will face you every game then! Bwahaha. Former Astro = Astro Killa

Matrix

*licks lips*

Destroying a former Stro would be sweet,I'll play even harder.

Miguel

Matrix said:
*licks lips*

Destroying a former Stro would be sweet,I'll play even harder.
aadl040.jpg

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
Birdbomb/Ando not sure who Im talking too,but I'm starting to think your guys connection is sorta the problem,that is if you guys are sharing the same connection.I have had lag in some games against other people,but the lag when I play against other people has been no where near as bad as in the games I played with Birdbomb.

I did complain of awful lag a couple of days ago,but I played 4 games yesterday against random people and had none.

I'm not sure what to think of the whole lag issue.

I saw that game against Birdbomb, that must have been the servers because none of the other games have been like that. But there are lag spikes throughout the game and fielding itself is a chore because there is a ridiculous delay between hitting the analog stick and your guy moving. No other games are like that on this connection, even last years baseball games were not like this.

Matrix

Mig - Hoffman wont scare me if I blow you out.

Ando- I only have fielding issues in the game if the lag is truly awful.It might be cause Ive adjusted and played so many games online that I dont have problems or dont notice it like you.

I had lag in madden for ps2,but not on xbox.I think in general the ps2 servers are just shit.

i don't think it is anyones connection, because i have played birdbomb with no lag ever, and i had a couple games against ando in madden that were very laggy. same with mlb the show, i've had 100% lag free games (my first game against fifty), then i've had spikes of lag at times (like my 2nd game against fifty). no rhyme or reason really, but it's not that horrible.

ando can you play tonight??

BirdBomb

Banned
Rorschach said:
Sorry, kids, I was offline a couple of days due to life drama. I can play tonight and most of tomorrow, hopefully.

when do you want to play our baseball series? i'll be busy next week job hunting, and getting ready for graudation...so...i'd rather do it tonight if u can.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
Rors, me and you, 6 game WE/MLB marathon!
Make it so!

BirdBomb said:
when do you want to play our baseball series? i'll be busy next week job hunting, and getting ready for graudation...so...i'd rather do it tonight if u can.
I can go tonight. Dunno if we can get the whole series in, but we can try if you can play around 8 pst.

I may be able to go earlier, but it all depends on me getting a phone call I'm expecting. If I can go earlier, I'll see if you're on aim.

BirdBomb

Banned
Rorschach said:
Make it so!

I can go tonight. Dunno if we can get the whole series in, but we can try if you can play around 8 pst.

I may be able to go earlier, but it all depends on me getting a phone call I'm expecting. If I can go earlier, I'll see if you're on aim.

well, im on now, will be on for awhile. just let me know when you're ready.

Top Bottom