• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Online League - Season 1 (We're gonna party like it's 1994)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys come on that is ridiculous. stop playing kobe ball and giving up because you're down. play the game, take your 7-0 beating or whatever, and then complain that the computer/lag/etc cheated you out of a win. but giving up 30 runs pretty much on purpose is a joke. why bother having a league at all if that shit is going to fly?

Talk to dm,he holds the answers.

Miguel

Fifty said:
It was just a normal curve, I think (Grienke's pitch). It was like 55 MPH. I saw him pitch in person, and I expected to see the 55 MPH curve, but he didn't bring it! :lol I think the developers really screwed up with that.

:lol

I think it is a Knuckle Curve in MVP. It was beyond ridiculous though.

:lol

I couldn't stop laughing when I threw the pitch. Well, until I landed on the floor :(

Rorschach

GG FMT, sorry had to go somewhere unexpectedly.

*skims through thread*
Come on guys, you have to learn to keep your eyes on the ball. It requires quick reflexes, but you can guess at it too. MiG and I weren't throwing fastballs down the middle all game, but you can get used to a pitcher after a while and you can learn how to chase balls. The last HR Drew got was outside the box. :D :D

FMT: let me know when you can play again or whoever takes over.

PS: I bet fifty or matrix will slaughter me. :( MiG keeps getting lucky and edging out by 1. >:|

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
OMG, everyone must throw strikes, or the Cosmos as we knew it, is OVER.

I've got to figure that Mr. Bob knows how to play this game, and has for awhile (online even), while I didn't know a damn thing about hitting (omg, I have to press a direction while I'm swinging to have a chance of hitting??????) I did lose all 3 games, but the scores were 1-0, 4-3, and 7-4. I was very competitive (especially in the pitching) Heck, I even, at one point, lead the league stats in Walks (6 in 3 games!!! Wait, 2 walks a game? That's below RL average)

So, this "THROW STRIKES DAMMIT" crap is pussified.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Not happening! >_<

:lol rors howcome you kept going to homeplate with your throws? i counted 3 runs i got because you threw home instead of throwing to first when i had 2 outs. i figured you forgot there were 2 outs, and getting the out at first would negate any "run scored".

anyways, after you pretty much no-hit me (except for 2 token hits...) i had to show SOME pride and at least make a game of it. i got fucked late in the game as i didn't mean to sub that pitcher in. but it took me to some double switch screen and i tried to cancel out of it, then next thing i know i have a pitcher who hasn't warmed up in the game. gave up 4 easy runs right there. gg though, i just got some timely hits.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
:lol rors howcome you kept going to homeplate with your throws? i counted 3 runs i got because you threw home instead of throwing to first when i had 2 outs. i figured you forgot there were 2 outs, and getting the out at first would negate any "run scored".

anyways, after you pretty much no-hit me (except for 2 token hits...) i had to show SOME pride and at least make a game of it. i got fucked late in the game as i didn't mean to sub that pitcher in. but it took me to some double switch screen and i tried to cancel out of it, then next thing i know i have a pitcher who hasn't warmed up in the game. gave up 4 easy runs right there. gg though, i just got some timely hits.
Well, the first inning I was lagging like crazy, so all those runs made me eat my own shoe. That time where it was two outs and I should have thrown to first, I was hitting o and nothing was happening so I just mashed all the buttons since there was a runner on every base. :lol I think it was just a small lag spike there. PS: HE WAS OUT, DAMNIT!!!

Matrix

I'd just like to say playing Fifty is a joy *glares at Dm*

A few things to go over FRIENDS:

1. birdbomb is being allowed back in because it is hypocrticial of miguel and myself to kick him out and not punish dm for essentially doing the samething. from now on there is a no tolerance policy on any activity like that. if you start beaning every batter (1 or 2 after a HR is fine), if you start pouting and want to give up 50 runs a game cause the computer screwed you, or if you are "bored" and decide to quit the game that is it.

2. mercy rule - if you are up by 15 runs after 6 innings, or 10 runs after 7 innings, pause the game and take down the stats, the game is over. you win.

now some of you may say "you are a softee FMT! letting birdbomb back in!" and that's fine. you can PM or IM me your words of hate :D however the truth of the matter is he has always been on time for his games, doesn't miss his games, and seemed to understand that what he did was ridiculous. i trust he will be on his best behavior from here on out. again if anyone has serious issues on the matter IM me and we'll talk about it, jgar style.

mig add whatever else needs to be added!

Miguel

Direct half of that "softee" crap my way as well, we pretty much agreed that we were a bit swift with the punishment, but sometimes negative reinforcement is the only thing that works.

Zero Tolerance

Ramirez

I always knew FMT was a...

image-1263931586.jpg

P.S. to my friends in my division,it's lonely at the top! :lol :D

Matrix

The sweep of Mig is complete...who's my next victim?

STROS ARE A FORCE THE LIKES NONE OF YOU HAVE EVER SEEN :eek:

Lonestar

GEEZUS, I go to sleep knowing that the league is filled with MEN.

I wake up, and they've all has sex change operations.

NO BALLS FOR EVERYONE!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
GEEZUS, I go to sleep knowing that the league is filled with MEN.

I wake up, and they've all has sex change operations.

NO BALLS FOR EVERYONE!

No Kidding :lol :lol :lol

BirdBomb

Banned
thanks for the 2nd chance mig and fmt.

i know i'll catch alot of flak from a few people, but im willing to put up with it. And if anyone has anything to say, go ahead and pm me on here, or im me on aim.

Andokuky

Banned
Someone give me some pointers.

How do you tell when your pitcher am tired?
Why do my pitches go a foot away from where I put them even with a good job on the power and accuracy?
My runners virtually never advance on wild pitches or base hits. How do I move them manually?

Rorschach

Andokuky said:
Someone give me some pointers.

How do you tell when your pitcher am tired?
Why do my pitches go a foot away from where I put them even with a good job on the power and accuracy?
My runners virtually never advance on wild pitches or base hits. How do I move them manually?
1) when the acc bar gets smaller (whitish blue bar) and the slider slides really fast after you choose the power

2) It depends on the pitch. For example, a sinker will go below where you're pointing. Sliders, sinkers, knuckleballs, curveballs, etc you will have to adjust for.

3) You can hit L1. Actually, I've never seen mine advance on WP without me telling them to.

Andokuky

Banned
Yea, I guess I know the problem now, the servers are fucking garbage at night. Game in the day, lag free. Game in the night, fucking horrible, worse than 28.8k on my old Saturn. I quit, game tied 2-2. I don't really care what you guys want to do with me, I can think of 1000 better things to do than to sit and play a game of "Who is going to get robbed by lag the most?". 2-2 game, my 2 runs come off a laggy pitch jacked for a HR and a base hit that probably should have been caught if it weren't lagtastic. His runs come off a laggy pitch jacked and a single which then turns into a run after 3 straight wild pitches moves him from base to base, and there are simple fucking fastballs I am trying to just lob down the middle just to get the game over with but noooooo lag has to spike them and make them go 10 feet over my catchers head :lol Maybe the worst online game I have ever seen server wise. What is the point of all these fucking sweet community and baseball nut features online if you can't play the game past sundown without it being lagtastic? Sorry for the rant.

Andokuky

Banned
Rorschach said:
1) when the acc bar gets smaller (whitish blue bar) and the slider slides really fast after you choose the power

2) It depends on the pitch. For example, a sinker will go below where you're pointing. Sliders, sinkers, knuckleballs, curveballs, etc you will have to adjust for.

3) You can hit L1. Actually, I've never seen mine advance on WP without me telling them to.

1) Ok, I thought maybe the accuracy thing getting smaller was an indication

2) Yea I know not all pitches go EXACTLY where you tell them, but I am talking about things like putting the cursor say on the lower inside of a batter for a fastball, getting good power and perfect accuracy and the ball sails over my catcher for a wild pitch. Or trying to put a slider high and on the inside corner and with good power and accuracy it sails to the lower opposite side of where the cursor was. Just wierd, random crap. Also, what does the yellow bar appearing in the accuracy zone mean?

3) That's good, I'll try that. I mean, I can have a guy with a great leadoff on second and a base hit can happen and they just sit there. Wild pitches, they just sit there. Really sucks when I have so many stupid WP resulting in free advances and runs while my guy just fucking stands there.

Just for comparison, Birdshit is now playing an online game of NBGay2k6 which I think is one of the laggiest pieces of crap EVER, AND I plugged the PC back in and there are no lag problems for either of us. Something is just wrong with the servers at night, or tonight.

Fifty

Andokuky said:
2) Yea I know not all pitches go EXACTLY where you tell them, but I am talking about things like putting the cursor say on the lower inside of a batter for a fastball, getting good power and perfect accuracy and the ball sails over my catcher for a wild pitch. Or trying to put a slider high and on the inside corner and with good power and accuracy it sails to the lower opposite side of where the cursor was. Just wierd, random crap. Also, what does the yellow bar appearing in the accuracy zone mean?

3) That's good, I'll try that. I mean, I can have a guy with a great leadoff on second and a base hit can happen and they just sit there. Wild pitches, they just sit there. Really sucks when I have so many stupid WP resulting in free advances and runs while my guy just fucking stands there.

I've never had a single 'random' throw. Are you sure that's what's really happening? If you really had the pitch aimed down and in, and the accuracy was good, I can't believe it went over your catcher wild.

3.) baserunning is mostly manual online. I believe all wild pitches must be advanced manually. Do you not have the game's manual that includes baserunning instructions? If you don't, I can post the commands here tomorrow.

Fifty

Well if you don't know the controls, now would be a good time!

Simply L1 - Advances all runners R1 - retreats all runners

i don't mind about the quitting ando, i was pausing the game and trying to message you but i couldn't figure out how to in-game message :lol

that lag was a freaking joke dude. guess we'll play tomorrow afternoon if you're around (after 3 pm pst)

Rorschach

Andokuky said:
1) Ok, I thought maybe the accuracy thing getting smaller was an indication

Just for comparison, Birdshit is now playing an online game of NBGay2k6 which I think is one of the laggiest pieces of crap EVER, AND I plugged the PC back in and there are no lag problems for either of us. Something is just wrong with the servers at night, or tonight.
The small line in the acc bar is most accurate you can get. If you hit it dead on, it flashes. I did notice a lot of lag with BirdBomb, but I get no lag with MiG or FMT (besides that one inning with fmt that cost me big :'()

And yeah, as fifty said, base running is all manual online except for first base and if the runner needs to move for another runner.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i don't mind about the quitting ando, i was pausing the game and trying to message you but i couldn't figure out how to in-game message :lol

that lag was a freaking joke dude. guess we'll play tomorrow afternoon if you're around (after 3 pm pst)
If you have a keyboard, just type and you get to message in-game...take that, madden! >:| NFL2k1 could do it, but not madden 2006? WTF!

Matrix

I played Fifty 3 games two nights ago all lag free and another two in the afternoon yeterday lag free,played Mig 3 games two days ago all lag free...Im telling you Ando/Birdbomb your connection is having some role in this,something makes no sense where people are having their worst lag games again you guys.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
I played Fifty 3 games two nights ago all lag free and another two in the afternoon yeterday lag free,played Mig 3 games two days ago all lag free...Im telling you Ando/Birdbomb your connection is having some role in this,something makes no sense where people are having their worst lag games again you guys.

If the connection was playing a role then it would lag no matter what we played. But again, 15 minutes after I quit the game Birdshit played NBA2k6 and I plugged the ethernet cord back into the PC (which I unplugged in about the second inning to log off AIM, etc etc just to see if that would help) and neither of us had any lag problems whatsoever. Madden at night? No problem. SOCOM 3 with 31 other people in a room at night? No problem. MLB during the day? Great. MLB during the night? FUCK DIAL UP TOTAL. I don't know how to explain it other than something is wierd with the servers at night or we simply tried to play at a bad time.

I work today at 6 (4pm your time) so we could get one game in before I have to leave if you'd like.

Zep

Banned
CB, sorry bout the delay man but NOBODY has a goddamn Online Adaptor. I keep getting the "ps2 slim's already have them, so their on short order" bullshit. Im not buying a 3rd party one (unless I hear it works w/ the game) so i gotta wait. Im ready to play!!

CB3

DaddyZ said:
CB, sorry bout the delay man but NOBODY has a goddamn Online Adaptor. I keep getting the "ps2 slim's already have them, so their on short order" bullshit. Im not buying a 3rd party one (unless I hear it works w/ the game) so i gotta wait. Im ready to play!!

Its all good

LoneStar, when do you wanna roll big boi?

Lonestar

Coooooooooldblooded,

I'm available probably around 5 pm - 9 pm EST. I can stay on later if I need to, up to about 11.

CB3

Lonestar said:
I'm available probably around 5 pm - 9 pm EST. I can stay on later if I need to, up to about 11.

Ok that should be good for me also. i should be home around 8-8:30 your time tomorrow, so ill look out for you.

Coooooooooldblooded,

Thats gonna follow me everywhere :lol Im telling you, other people were crashing cars also. I didnt start it! But i made damn sure i finished it :)

Lonestar

Cold, you are lucky, my cable was out for about an hour (thunderstorm) just came back on. Give me a few minutes to set up.

Lonestar

ugh, yeah, it did. Right after that IM message.

Didn't come back on till sometime in the middle of the night.

Fifty

Nice work, everyone in the western divisons. 6/8 of us have played all 6 games. Did I miss a reason why Mushashi hasn't played a single game yet?

In other news...DM, while I'm sorry about your control problems (seriously, without your WPs that would have been a tight game) if your starting pitcher gives up 8 runs, typically, he's replaced. You didn't give up like before, and for that I'm thankful. But if we're running a sim league, the starting pitcher should be replaced after a while. It's silly to keep him in all game unless he's pitching a fantastic game.

Matrix

WTF Dm use your pen,dont destroy this league cause you stink :| I sucked ass in the ps2 madden league,but I didnt F it up.

Top Bottom