• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Online League - Season 1 (We're gonna party like it's 1994)

Miguel

Matrix said:
800966b.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Miguel said:

I'm a force you have never seen before.....

bow before my show skillz.

Rorschach

GGs, Matrix

Matrix said:
I'm a force you have never seen before.....

bow before my show skillz.
I wouldn't gloat too much about that second game ;b

All in all, though, most of your runs were you capitalizing on my or the AI's stupidity...I think I have fat thumbs!

You do have skills, though...too bad I'm in your division. I always get stuck in the worst divisions in all the gaf leagues :(

[edit] I could have had that 3rd game, but Penny got shaken for some reason :(

...oh and don't forget that error lol

[2nd edit] MiG I need you to put in Martin, Sele, and Broxton

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Rorschach said:
GGs, Matrix

I wouldn't gloat too much about that second game ;b

All in all, though, most of your runs were you capitalizing on my or the AI's stupidity...I think I have fat thumbs!

You do have skills, though...too bad I'm in your division. I always get stuck in the worst divisions in all the gaf leagues :(

[edit] I could have had that 3rd game, but Penny got shaken for some reason :(

...oh and don't forget that error lol

[2nd edit] MiG I need you to put in Martin, Sele, and Broxton

I'm just messing around about being the shit,Mig throws the gameshark at me ill taunt him :p

That error only gave me a run ;) and wtf I turn around and have an easy pop fly error,its like the game decided for us both to have errors that game :lol

I always capitalize on peoples mistakes,thats why I take so many pitches,then again you caught the "Dm wild thing blues"

Gg's and your stats are done,damn JD drew,I was hoping to keep his hr total from going up :p

Rorschach

Matrix said:
I'm just messing around about being the shit,Mig throws the gameshark at me ill taunt him :p

That error only gave me a run ;) and wtf I turn around and have an easy pop fly error,its like the game decided for us both to have errors that game :lol

I always capitalize on peoples mistakes,thats why I take so many pitches,then again you caught the "Dm wild thing blues"

Gg's and your stats are done,damn JD drew,I was hoping to keep his hr total from going up :p
Yeah, I was like "wtf is wrong with me?" Penny and Baez decided that they didn't want to throw anywhere near where I was aiming and I should have taken out my catcher...he's a retard. Thankfully, that WP streak didn't last that long, but by the time it was done, the game was pretty much sealed :(

No one can stop the Drew! (unless you walk him like you did last time. :()

Nomar + Drew + Kent = :eek:

I think the reason why my players make so many mistakes and sometimes don't even reach for the ball is because they're rated so low. I don't want a superstar team, though. Dodgers or bust!

Oh, and thanks a lot for catching my stats. You're a life saver!

[edit] Oh, and have you guys ever had the thing happen to you where you can't sub a pitcher? Also, the game froze on me at the end. Thankfully, it was after the game was over, but it's the second time this has happened to me. Does it freeze on anyone else? Maybe it's my launch PS2 struggling :(

Oh, and on the plus side, NO TAG AND NO ROUTH! I win in a way!

Matrix

I have a launch ps2 and the game has frozen on my just once online and I have played tons of games.

I have had the pitcher sub problem a few times,but usually if I wait like a minute,try a pickoff attempt or step off the mound,I can get the game management thing to work and replace him.

MVP 05 had the same issue online too :\

I was tempted to walk Drew every at bat,but Kent is just as scary to pitch too and I didnt want to give up 2-run hr's.

:lol @ no tag and Routh

Fifty

So I guess Konex and Ramirez never got that game in. Come on people! The AL/NL Wests are doing great, but the east is pretty far behind. Daddyz, I thought you got your network adaptor a few days ago.

Ramirez

Has nothing to do with Ramirez,Konex is never on AIM and pretty much show's no interest by never replying in this thread...

Matrix

We played far longer in konex's 2k leagues,I find it rude that he wont even attempt to play again or even reply in this thread.

Mig is paying for this.

Fifty

Come on 989, update already! They think they're so cool with their roster updates, taking away injured players, but when Griffey comes back, they don't do anything! I want him now, so I can bench the LVP, brandon phillips. He's like 0-20 since I've started using the reds, and his D is terrible.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Come on 989, update already! They think they're so cool with their roster updates, taking away injured players, but when Griffey comes back, they don't do anything! I want him now, so I can bench the LVP, brandon phillips. He's like 0-20 since I've started using the reds, and his D is terrible.

I'm just going to bean his ass everytime I face him when he does comeback :D

Zep

Banned
Yea, Fifty, I got it tues. and cant get the fucking thing to work. If it's not one thing, it's another!! It must be my router because I never had this problem when playing PS2 56k. I'm gonna fuck with it some more, i'll be back with an update :) I'm not flaking on you fellas be patient with daddy.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
OMG, fuck this game online. No disrespect to Cold, but that was my best game ever, I was up 13-0 in the 9th, at least 4-5 HR's throughout the game, a couple of stolen bases...and the game craps out! MOTHER FUCKER

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Lonestar said:
OMG, fuck this game online. No disrespect to Cold, but that was my best game ever, I was up 13-0 in the 9th, at least 4-5 HR's throughout the game, a couple of stolen bases...and the game craps out! MOTHER FUCKER

Haha not kidding, you owned that game. Errors and shitty at bats on my part the whole shit. It actually was almost over with 1 more out wasnt it?

The Lag in this game Blows. It was ok at first when i played the pre-season with rors, but it seems like it got worse

Lonestar

yeah, we should have conceded, but how to get the stats at that point? And it was right at the ending....

CB3

Lonestar said:
yeah, we should have conceded, but how to get the stats at that point? And it was right at the ending....

:lol :lol :lol i was gonna say lets just end it right before the 9th also, but i didnt cause i thought pedro could close it out quick

Matrix

I dont get it,I havent had any lag in over a week :\

Rorschach

Oh yeah, I've had lag with Lonestar. It was worse when he hosted. He and birdbomb are the only ones. I've played Matrix, MiG, FMT, Lone, and Birdbomb. It was ok our first game, terrible our second game, and ok our third game

I have a launch ps2 and the game has frozen on my just once online and I have played tons of games.

I have had the pitcher sub problem a few times,but usually if I wait like a minute,try a pickoff attempt or step off the mound,I can get the game management thing to work and replace him.
Ok good, I'm not the only one. I tried subbing the pitcher tons of times (you saw me pausing it, it was for that :() I also tried clearing the bullpen and refilling it. Oh well, that's the only time it's happened to me, so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Houston Astros 9-0 0
Los Angeles Dodgers 3-6 6
Cincinnati Reds 3-6 6
San Diego Padres 3-6 6
:lol :(

CB3

its less of the actual baseball, more of the shitty ass lag, and the fact that other than the right analog stick, i really have no control over what the hell happens when i hit the ball. i mean shit delgado hits a fast ball dead on and its a fucking pop up ball behind second base. Fucking frustrating when you feel you have no control over anything. in madden if i fuck up its my fault (most of the time). its not the case with this

Matrix

Ok here it is....

If you dont like the game or if you have bad lag issues.....please drop from the league.Id rather have a smaller league with players who want to play and like the game.

Mig I know you're paying for this,but dude this is just getting to be annoying and im close to wanting to quit myself and play with the few that like the game/know how to actually play and have solid connections.

Matrix

:lol @ lone

Yea you can play Rors,shit I just want people like I said who like the game and care about playing in the league.

If not,this will fail like any 2k league and I dont want to waste my time.

CB3

Matrix said:
:lol @ lone

Yea you can play Rors,shit I just want people like I said who like the game and care about playing in the league.

If not,this will fail like any 2k league and I dont want to waste my time.

Yeah uhhh..... I think we already hit that point....

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
Yeah uhhh..... I think we already hit that point....

nah 2k league would consist of konex playing himself,we havent hit that just yet.

Fifty

Lag mixed with (seemingly) people here just not into baseball as much as football mixed with people waxing nostalgic over MVP mixed with general apathy seems to be slowing things down. I'm not panicing yet. The league will be fine, as long as the people still in it actually want to play and don't need to be told.

Andokuky

Banned
I like baseball games just fine and aside from some AI issues with baserunning and the occasional outfield ossmosis I have no problems with the game except the ridiculous amount of lag that makes the game complete luck and usually unplayable. bubububu it must be my connection, so I'll just play all my other games with no lag problems.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
I like baseball games just fine and aside from some AI issues with baserunning and the occasional outfield ossmosis I have no problems with the game except the ridiculous amount of lag that makes the game complete luck and usually unplayable. bubububu it must be my connection, so I'll just play all my other games with no lag problems.

bubububu anyone who played you and your brother had awful lag.Some of us hardly have any lag,what should we make of the people that are still having problems? That its the servers fault?if that was the case and if I had lag like I did against your brother I wouldnt want to play online....at all,let alone have a league.

This past week alone Ive played 6 or 7 games with Fifty with no lag and 3 with Rors and had no lag.

Also the whole I have lag in this game and dont in my others is just weak.I had lag in the ps2 madden league when I played against certain people,maybe you dont in madden just like I really dont get any lag in Show.

Only reliable servers anyway for lag free play is xbox live.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
bubububu anyone who played you and your brother had awful lag.Some of us hardly have any lag,what should we make of the people that are still having problems? That its the servers fault?if that was the case and if I had lag like I did against your brother I wouldnt want to play online....at all,let alone have a league.

This past week alone Ive played 6 or 7 games with Fifty with no lag and 3 with Rors and had no lag.

Also the whole I have lag in this game and dont in my others is just weak.I had lag in the ps2 madden league when I played against certain people,maybe you dont in madden just like I really dont get any lag in Show.

Only reliable servers anyway for lag free play is xbox live.

bububu I guess the whole lag on MLB no lag anywhere else is weak because it pretty much confirms the MLB06 servers are garbage and a complete luck of the draw. I have a connection that can host 31 other people on this same PS2 on SOCOM 3 with mics and there is no problem with lag, AND I connect on a router while someone is usually using the PC as well. However, I can turn my PC off, directly connect my cable to the PS2, remove my mic and still have lagtastic results on MLB. But you're right, it's my connection :lol Seems the baseball fanboys should just accept that the servers are not as good as they should be.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
bububu I guess the whole lag on MLB no lag anywhere else is weak because it pretty much confirms the MLB06 servers are garbage and a complete luck of the draw. I have a connection that can host 31 other people on this same PS2 on SOCOM 3 with mics and there is no problem with lag, AND I connect on a router while someone is usually using the PC as well. However, I can turn my PC off, directly connect my cable to the PS2, remove my mic and still have lagtastic results on MLB. But you're right, it's my connection :lol Seems the baseball fanboys should just accept that the servers are not as good as they should be.

bububu I have played close to 90 games on show online and maybe 10 were awful like what I had against your bro.

Its not luck of the draw,everytime I play Fifty and Mig we never have lag.I played Rors 3 straight games and we had no lag,man talk about getting lucky 3 straight times,whats the odds.

This has nothing to do with being a baseball fanboy,good god.I said myself if I had games like I did against your brother,I wouldnt want to play or have a league.I cant blame you for quitting cause if thats the lag you and birdbomb see every game,well thats awful.There are some of us that dont get lag like that at all.

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
bububu I have played close to 90 games on show online and maybe 10 were awful like what I had against your bro.

Its not luck of the draw,everytime I play Fifty and Mig we never have lag.I played Rors 3 straight games and we had no lag,man talk about getting lucky 3 straight times,whats the odds.

This has nothing to do with being a baseball fanboy,good god.I said myself if I had games like I did against your brother,I wouldnt want to play or have a league.I cant blame you for quitting cause if thats the lag you and birdbomb see every game,well thats awful.There are some of us that dont get lag like that at all.

bububu not all of my games were laggy either. And that's fine, I just think it's funny the 3-4 main fans of the game keep passing it off as connection problems when it's become obvious the servers are just shit for a lot of people regardless of how good their connection is. My connection isn't the fastest in the world but it should handle a simple baseball game online (and has) but not this one, server just lags too much.

Matrix

Why do you think I made my post? I'm telling Mig that he should just let the people who for some reason get tons of lag out of the league,if they dont want to play.Its unfair to both people playing if the lag is horrible.

Now for the people that complain its a shit game,like Konex,that has nothing to do with online play,well I poop on them.

These are the people I know of that I have played in the league that I havent had horrible lag against...

Fifty
Mig
Rors
Fmt - we had some but it was totally playable like MVP type lag
Mr.Bob/Cornflakes
DM

Lag-

Birdbomb
Lonestar

Id like to play more people in the league to test out connections,but some people just dont seem to care about the league or like you said have horrible connections and cant play.

Thats why I want Mig to just make the league smaller with people who can play against eachother and actually care to play.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Why do you think I made my post? I'm telling Mig that he should just let the people who for some reason get tons of lag out of the league,if they dont want to play.Its unfair to both people playing if the lag is horrible.

Now for the people that complain its a shit game,like Konex,that has nothing to do with online play,well I poop on them.

These are the people I know of that I have played in the league that I havent had horrible lag against...

Fifty
Mig
Rors
Fmt - we had some but it was totally playable like MVP type lag
Mr.Bob/Cornflakes
DM

Lag-

Birdbomb
Lonestar

Id like to play more people in the league to test out connections,but some people just dont seem to care about the league or like you said have horrible connections and cant play.

Thats why I want Mig to just make the league smaller with people who can play against eachother and actually care to play.

Fuck%20You.jpg

Matrix

Lonestar

FU MATRIX

The gameplay is fine, we had some lag, and a game that I was winning, crapped out in the 9th! DO NOT JUDGE ME!

Matrix

Lonestar said:
FU MATRIX

The gameplay is fine, we had some lag, and a game that I was winning, crapped out in the 9th! DO NOT JUDGE ME!

I didnt say we had bad lag,I just put you under my lag list,cause we did have some that affected my gameplay side,not sure if it bothered you.We only played once,we could play again and have a better experience.

Lonestar

You're trying to put a star on my shirt, AREN'T YOU! I think I've seen that done before...in a movie!

VIVA LE RELUCION!

Matrix

Ramirez

I say you axe this one and make a new one with the people that want to play,I haven't played in weeks due to Kotex and other flakes! :lol

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I say you axe this one and make a new one with the people that want to play,I haven't played in weeks due to Kotex and other flakes! :lol

I like my records :lol :(

Anyway thats totally up to Mig,who has gone missing himself :lol

Top Bottom