• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Online League - Season 1 (We're gonna party like it's 1994)

Miguel

Fifty said:
Everyone should vote in Mig's poll. We only have 6 votes, but 16 league members.
If you're in the AL and don't want to face me, rors and Matrix, vote no. If you're in the NL and want to face less of me, rors and Matrix, vote yes. :)

Miguel

Rors, 1 hour (maybe less) and we can start our marathon! :p

(and quit pretending you have someone calling you this late. Your mom is tired, let her go to sleep!)

;D

BirdBomb

Banned
yeah...sorry, rors, but...playing 5 innings and seeing MAYBE 3 strikes total gets boring. it seems like every pitch was either a sinker below the strike zone, or a fastball so far out to the right htat it was a wild pitch 99.9% of the time. I didn't get the game and join the league to sit and put hte controller down, turn the tv,and just take numerous balls because it's all that was being thrown.

Miguel

1994-0207-1.jpg

<catcher> "Sinker...in the dirt...don't swing"
*WHIFF*
<Umpire> "STRIKE 3!"
<catcher> "I told you not to swing"
<Jordan> "I couldn't help it!

Rorschach

BirdBomb said:
yeah...sorry, rors, but...playing 5 innings and seeing MAYBE 3 strikes total gets boring. it seems like every pitch was either a sinker below the strike zone, or a fastball so far out to the right htat it was a wild pitch 99.9% of the time. I didn't get the game and join the league to sit and put hte controller down, turn the tv,and just take numerous balls because it's all that was being thrown.
3 strikes total? 43 strikes by Lowe by the end of the 7th and the score was 5 zip me. I threw a lot of sinkers with Lowe because guess what THAT'S WHAT HE DOES IN RL. I didn't only throw sinkers, though. I switched it up. Whatever. Oh, and you trying to bean my hitters? Good times. Disconnecting is great to save some face too, I guess.

PS: MiG: that game was fucking bullshit!!! :'(

ERROR CRUZ JR RORSCHACH AM CRY ASL;DKFJAL;DSFJAKL;SJFASF;ASDFJL;AF

you quit in the middle of a league game because someone was throwing too many balls?

no offense dude but you're done in the mlb league. i think people will put up with a lot of transgressions, but quitting on purpose because you are getting BALLS THROWN!? ridiculous. i'm taking over the reds for the time being. if we find a new player to use them then so be it.

honestly that is the most bush league thing you could ever do. it's one thing to bitch. i don't think anyone cares about that. i felt like bitching after i lost to 50 when things didn't go my way, but to quit is direspectful to your opponent and the entire league. this league isn't free. it costs money to have the luxury of an online league, and miguel has put a lot of time and effort into getting the league up and running. to disregard that over balls and strikes is a joke. don't bother showing up for the madden tournament either, i don't want that kind of shit popping up in a tournament

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fucking weak Birdpoop.

>_<

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mig,we gonna rumble tonight? I dont want the Stros bats to get cold.

Matrix

You can post a pic Mig,but you cant tell me when you want to play!? FOR SHAME!

Miguel

You weren't online yesterday! >:O

I played 6 total games with Rors, 2 MLB and 4 Winning Eleven

MESSICAN MARATHON

Matrix

No I wasnt online lastnight,but I wrote a post to you like 4 posts above the one you posted with the pic,asking you if you wanted to play tonight :p

You skipped my post!

Matrix

So I'll ask again,when do you want to play? :p

Rorschach

drewjddodgers.jpg

It's out of there...again!

(23:10:07) molina118: FUCK DREW
(23:10:07) HA wakubo <AUTO-REPLY>: Default Reply Message!
(23:10:08) molina118: FUCK DREW
(23:10:09) molina118: FUCK DREW

Matrix

MIG AM BLIND!

Fifty

I just noticed Mig was putting the 'player of the game' in the title space for his game stats. that's a great idea and I'm going to start doing that from now on.

Matrix

Fifty said:
I just noticed Mig was putting the 'player of the game' in the title space for his game stats. that's a great idea and I'm going to start doing that from now on.

Yea its a great idea,I'll be doing that after each game Ive won against Mig.

Miguel

For those wondering about my 3rd game with rorschach,

there are no stats because the game dropped around the 6-7th inning.

We'll count it as a "Game called due to rain" type thing, enter the score, and enter stats as best as possible. All I know was JD Drew is a fuckwad. :(

Matrix

MIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Holy blind man Batman!

Matrix

Miguel said:
neo.jpg

It ends tonight.

:lol

What time would this be? And how many games?

Matrix

Miguel said:
ALL 3!
At midnight Houston time!

wow 2 am my time :eek:

I better start drinking dr pepper.

Fifty

This league is done for if you're going to play games like that, DM. You're not a bad player...but when you choose to give up and keep Moyer in for 9 innings and pitch junk balls, it doesn't just make the game boring for us, but it totally ruins any hope of the league being 'sim' and stats mattering. What's the point in even having a league (and keeping track of stats) if people give up. No one ever gave up like that in Madden

30-1

That was the score.

That's like playing a madden league game, and goofing off to the point that it's 150-7 for the other guy. Ridiculous.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
This league is done for if you're going to play games like that, DM. You're not a bad player...but when you choose to give up and keep Moyer in for 9 innings and pitch junk balls, it doesn't just make the game boring for us, but it totally ruins any hope of the league being 'sim' and stats mattering. What's the point in even having a league (and keeping track of stats) if people give up. No one ever gave up like that in Madden

30-1

That was the score.

That's like playing a madden league game, and goofing off to the point that it's 150-7 for the other guy. Ridiculous.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Miguel

Fifty said:
No one ever gave up like that in Madden
DMczaf said:
I gave up early in the 3rd so I could get the game to hurry up and be over so I can watch Lost at 9pm, but instead of kneeling the ball or something I decided to have a little fun of my own instead of getting bored.

It was obvious you had fun padding your stats and running the score up, since you were trying your hardest to score a couple of TDs in the final minute even though I wasnt calling any timeouts or trying to get the ball back

Seriously, if Im calling FG block with like 30 secs left in the game you dont have to audible out and throw a bomb to Harrison when you are up by 40+ pts

*whistle*

;)

Matrix

Fifty said:

30-1

That was the score.

Uncalled for Dm,you want to go the way of Birdbomb?! :(

This is pretty depressing,I really thought this would be a madden type baseball league cause all the players from madden were legit and followed the rules.The stats were bad enough after I faced Birdbomb,but atleast he used his pen and didnt keep in a tired pitcher for the whole game,he couldnt help the fact he sucked with every pitcher.The whole quitting thing he did is worse than what Dm just did,but dm has come pretty close to matching it.

Some of you might not care for baseball as much as Football,but for some of us its just as important to keep this a sim league as it was for Fmt to keep his Madden leagues sim.

ugh >_<

Cloudy

Banned
First of all, anyone who thinks this game can hold 2k6's jock is on crack..

Secondly, I'd suggest a rule that all pitches be in the k-zone or we'll have some seriously inflated pitching stats...

Miguel

I'm not liking this one bit.

If you guys are going to give up after going down 5-6 runs, then why bother playing?

You'll get blown out at times, some games you'll win 1-0, some games you'll lose 2-1. Did Roger Clemens quit when the Astros were shut out for the 8th time when he gave up 1 run or less?

Roger%20Clemens.jpg

I really hope this isn't going to be the norm in this league, cause if it is, we might as well be playing Slugfest online.

Ugh.

Matrix

Cloudy said:

Secondly, I'd suggest a rule that all pitches be in the k-zone or we'll have some seriously inflated pitching stats...

what

Ramirez

Konex felt the wrath of Wakefield!

Seriously though,I wouldn't move the cursor from where it starts and the Knuckleball would still go way out of the strikezone at times :lol

We don't need to make people pitch strikes every time,people need to learn not to swing at everything,myself included ;)

Although,I'm considering not using Wakefield anymore,he's completely unpredictable with the break of his knuckleball and it feels cheesy =\

Miguel

Cloudy said:

Bullshit, Rors and I have played 3 games where we score anywhere from 3-10 runs per game, and we pitch in the strike zone, out of the strike zone, we mix it up.

Lowe's signature pitch is a sinker that dives out of the strike zone at the last minute.
Oswalt's signature pitch is a curveball that falls off the table while the batter thinks it's going to be about waist high.
Lidge's slider's in the dirt have made him highly effective up until this year.

Don't be swing happy and swing at everything (myself included!) I'm very agressive and I strike out a ton, but there are some games where I'll force myself to take pitches so I can see 1) how much I'll have to wait on certain pitches, and 2) where a pitch will start/break/end, and adjust accordingly.

If everything were in the strike zone, Rors and I would have scored about 40 in our first game.

Fifty

I tried to give DM tips after his 4-1 loss on how to control wild pitches (beyond saying don't hold one direction too far I didn't have many)....we had a good game..but I just can't explain this. Obviously he didn't care....but that ruins the league for everyone when that happens.

Maybe it's because people aren't used to baseball games
Maybe it's because it's a slower paced game and it seems harder to overcome bad innings
I mean, DM, you entered in all your stats...you care about the league that much. just don't pitch batting practice balls all game and change your damn pitcher. you're not bad.

Matrix

Ram,wakefield is fing cheesy in every baseball game :lol

Matrix

Miguel said:
Wakefield is cheesy in real life.

That he is my friend,that he is.

Fifty used to cheese me in MVP with the Royals pitcher,I believe his name is Zack Greinke.

edit- Mig pwns Konex :lol

Miguel

Zach Grienke owned! :lol

I pwned my friend once with him, he was like "WHAT THE FUCK" after I threw a 93mph fastball on the first pitch, I think another fastball on the 2nd pitch...

Third pitch was his knuckle curve...:lol

He pushed me off my chair after that :(

Matrix

Miguel said:
Zach Grienke owned! :lol

I pwned my friend once with him, he was like "WHAT THE FUCK" after I threw a 93mph fastball on the first pitch, I think another fastball on the 2nd pitch...

Third pitch was his knuckle curve...:lol

He pushed me off my chair after that :(

:lol

well played by your friend

Fifty

It was just a normal curve, I think (Grienke's pitch). It was like 55 MPH. I saw him pitch in person, and I expected to see the 55 MPH curve, but he didn't bring it! :lol I think the developers really screwed up with that.

guys come on that is ridiculous. stop playing kobe ball and giving up because you're down. play the game, take your 7-0 beating or whatever, and then complain that the computer/lag/etc cheated you out of a win. but giving up 30 runs pretty much on purpose is a joke. why bother having a league at all if that shit is going to fly?

Top Bottom