• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 06 the Show Online League - Season 1 (We're gonna party like it's 1994)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
BirdBomb said:
Matrix if you're around i can lose now in a game or 2. If not, tomorrow after 9cnt again.

I wasnt feeling that great today,thats why I wanted to play tommorow,I should have replied sooner.

I'll hit you up on aim around 11 eastern pm time so we can meet in a lobby and send a invite and get our seasons started.

Miguel

9_3_036_30_16.jpg

PHEAR ME! (EVEN WHEN I DON'T PITCH!)

Fifty

I notice that about 80% of the team stats are blank, that is to say, not entered in

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/stats/team/?lid=1592&sort=57879

I think that's because, on the team stats screen after you've played a game, there's only room to enter in the score, at bats (not a crucial stat) steals and errors. Hopefully we can fix this. It seems as if the only team stats being recorded are the ones that don't have anything written in the "opponent stat" column.

The easiest way to fix it is to have nothing listed in the (admin screen) "opponent stat" and then that'll let you enter these team stats in manually. It doesn't seem to be taking the total player stats you've entered in and recognizing them as team stats. I'd like to figure this out before my game(s) against FMT at 12 PST

edit: Ok, I think I fixed it. Needed to change about half the team stats so they didn't have an opponent stat. Now every stat is listed. Granted, you'll have to enter in more (I entered yours in, rors and mig) but now we should be set with all our team stats.

FMT: I might be like 20 mins late for our game

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Oh Senor Bob, where are you? I'm home usually after 4 PM EST, available to about 11 PM EST.

Oh, and do we need to discuss our MLB names, even though the stupid buddy system doesn't work. Mine's LonestarGA if that is useful at all...

Lonestar

I suck at this game too. Had a good exhibition game against Rors last night (6-4) but I think 4 of my runs were off of Outfield.."Misreads" than my own ability. Also, I struck him out 11-12 times...he struck me out like 14 times....

Fifty

- Man, I don't know how they scored 21 runs in Mig's game...must have been some shaky pitching! FMT and I put on a clinic....that is to say, it was really low scoring and we struck out about a bazillion times.

-We're going to see increased (from real life) strikeout numbers. It's a game that's all about timing, and the lag will affect your decision making. Plus it's much harder to check your swing online than it is offline, especially with square.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Birdbomb I'll be on aim around 11 pm eastern time tonight.

Miguel

:lol

For a few minutes, I thought I was playing MLB Slugfest against Rors. :lol

It was insane in the middle innings cause we scored about 12 runs in innings 4-7

i hate the god damn system they have for checking a swing. it is impossible. i feel like i just have to take pitches because i get to anxious at times.

with that said me and fifty had a couple good games. the 2nd game really pissed me off that my fielder, who was right by the ball hit into the field, didn't reach up and grab it resulting in a free run. ricockulous!

Fifty

Yeah, it is really frustrating at times. It's my biggest complaint with the game (well, besides the fact you can't turn off the CONSTANT cut scenes you have to skip). I've played plenty offline, and I can easily check my swing (with either square or X) but online I can only do it rarely, and then it's only with X. It's the only thing that it has in common with the worst baseball game ever.....mlb 2k5.

Anyway, it's not a game killing problem. I don't want to get people down before their games. I bet people will adjust soon enough.

nah, not a game killer at all, just a minor annoyance. even though me and fifty scored a combined 6 runs in 2 games, there were a lot of balls that were hit to the warning track, and some bad "game management" situations on my part -_-

Vlad will not be silenced forever fifty! Sooner or later he will have his way with you... perhaps the next game! (when can you play? i'm free tomorrow afternoon or late tonight after lost if you want to play again)

p.s. let it be stated that, as long as everyone is reliable, this league should be a lot of fun. i had good times even in losing efforts. there is always something more exciting about playing official league games as opposed to exhibitions or tourney games

Miguel

I think I'm gonna get a new USB keyboard for MLB06. I was trying to type against Rorschach last night and it ended up looking like

fuxcjk dreqw!
whsat ha[p[pened to m,y bsat?

BirdBomb

Banned
I'm starting to regret spending the 9.00 to rent the game(me and ando are just going to perminantly rend it for awhile). It seems like if i play offline against hte PC, all the do is throw balls. Online, all anyone does is throw balls. I played 1 guy that i had TWO hits on. Now, i made cantact with the ball 10-15 times, but they were ALL ground outs...hopefully i don't play anyone that likes to do the common throw balls until 2 strikes, then throw 1 strike low and away so it's impossible to hit.

Miguel

I don't have a problem with pitching the corners all game, but if you're blatantly throwing balls 4 feet off the plate all game, that's not gonna fly (It may have worked for Rick Ankiel, but not you!)

I trust you guys will work that out amongst yourselves though. Myself, I like challenging people, and while it works often, some times (as seen in my game against rorschach) I get crushed, if the batter is pretty good. I ended up winning, but I think Peavy's pride is hurt. :(

Matrix

I'm not going to throw the ball 4 feet off the plate,but no way in hell am I going to throw the ball right down the strike zone to every batter.If I'm facing a batter like Poopjuls I'm not going to always give him something to hit,I'll pitch around him.

I'll pitch inside and then I'll throw the ball low and away to induce groundouts.The key to pitching and having success in any baseball game is painting the corners like Mig said and learning to get batters to swing at what you want.

Also in this game to have success you also need to be patient and wait for a mistake pitch,learn not to swing at everything.I know the check swing sucks online,thats why you have to get better at taking pitches or paying attention to what your opponent has been throwing.Also say I'm pitching with Roy O,I will challenge the hitters more cause of his fastball,but if I'm pitching with my lefty Wandy who doenst throw as hard I have to pitch lower and hit my spots better.

I got Dm to walk me 8 times cause I wasnt going to swing at his shit that was 4 feet off the plate :lol o_O

I myself so far havent played anyone that just throws balls,well expect for Dm.Anytime he uses old man Moyer and throws anything in the strike zone he gets rocked.

Matrix

Yea I guess I can play one exhibiton game now.

Im using matrixadw online- I'll go into East 1.

You can be home and challenge.

Miguel

Lone: If you're home tonight after midnight CT, or tomorrow night after about 10CT, or Friday all day, we can get a few practice games in :)

Matrix

Lone you still want to play? I have to do a few things before I play Birdbomb at 11 or so.

Rorschach

Miguel said:
I don't have a problem with pitching the corners all game, but if you're blatantly throwing balls 4 feet off the plate all game, that's not gonna fly (It may have worked for Rick Ankiel, but not you!)

I trust you guys will work that out amongst yourselves though. Myself, I like challenging people, and while it works often, some times (as seen in my game against rorschach) I get crushed, if the batter is pretty good. I ended up winning, but I think Peavy's pride is hurt. :(
The thing is, our game neither of us kept throwing down the middle, but we both had a good eye for the pitches (plus I kept throwing to the inside and you caught on :\). I can follow the ball pretty well now. Some of you just have to get used to it. I was hitting balls that MiG was practically throwing at the ground. :lol

And to answer fifty's inquery, no, it wasn't shaky pitching. I usually let very few runs with penny, but we were both just on fire. No matter where either of us threw, there was contact. Also, MiG got lucky with 2 runs where a ball magically got swept by the wind, switched directions and homered. ;b I didn't have rust because I had just played with Lone and I have Hero JD Drew's swing down pat. 5/5 against Lone and 2 HR, 3 RBI against mig..would have been more but he got walked. :lol And I'm almost there with Kent (most hated man by second basemen everywhere for some reason) and Garciaparra too.

Miguel

Rorschach said:
The thing is, our game neither of us kept throwing down the middle, but we both had a good eye for the pitches (plus I kept throwing to the inside and you caught on :\). I can follow the ball pretty well now. Some of you just have to get used to it. I was hitting balls that MiG was practically throwing at the ground. :lol

And to answer fifty's inquery, no, it wasn't shaky pitching. I usually let very few runs with penny, but we were both just on fire. No matter where either of us threw, there was contact. Also, MiG got lucky with 2 runs where a ball magically got swept by the wind, switched directions and homered. ;b I didn't have rust because I had just played with Lone and I have Hero JD Drew's swing down pat. 5/5 against Lone and 2 HR, 3 RBI against mig..would have been more but he got walked. :lol And I'm almost there with Kent (most hated man by second basemen everywhere for some reason) and Garciaparra too.

That's why I said I think Peavy's pride is hurt :lol

He was hitting his spots and everything...you were just destroying it anytime it was even ONE INCH off of where he wanted it to go. :lol

And Don't Hate! Mother Nature and Father San Diego > you!

Matrix

Ughhh that was a shitty game with Lonestar,glad that wasnt a league game.

I havent had a game lag that bad ever :\ Man these servers were perfect for me,the last two days...poop.

I think I gave up 2 hrs cause of fucking stupid traffic message,not fun.

GG anyway Lonestar,I couldnt get shit against Carpenter.

Yea that catch was like a turning point,I got pwned bad.

Lonestar

I'm really wondering if the lag is my fault. It's pretty laggy against Rors. I'm on a Launch PS2, on a Cat 5 cable going into a router. Think I should change that up?

Matrix

Lonestar said:
I'm really wondering if the lag is my fault. It's pretty laggy against Rors. I'm on a Launch PS2, on a Cat 5 cable going into a router. Think I should change that up?

I dont think its on your end,Im using the samething as you.

The lag which was never really bad before imo,has been crappy the last two days.Ever since their May 1st roster update.

Lonestar

was I cheesy at pitching (never minding the attempt to Bean Oswalt ;P )??? Trying to pitch like I would assume to with the pitcher I'm using.

Matrix

Lonestar said:
was I cheesy at pitching (never minding the attempt to Bean Oswalt ;P )??? Trying to pitch like I would assume to with the pitcher I'm using.

Imo no,but that might not sit well with BirdBomb,no offense to BirdBomb,but thats what he was sorta complaining about.

I just couldnt handle that type of pitcher at all cause of the lag,it had nothing to do with how you were pitching.I also pitched stupid,I went against how I normally play,I gave you too many pitchs in the strikezone.

I went in with a chip on my shoulder cause I was using the Stros and I hardly lose with them and came out pwned.

Like I said,glad it wasnt a league game :p

Matrix

Lone,I still cant believe you caught that ball :lol Still pissing me off,I was like thats a hr or atleast a double and the ball just fucking died and of course Edmonds has to own me >_<

Lonestar

Matrix said:
Lone,I still cant believe you caught that ball :lol Still pissing me off,I was like thats a hr or atleast a double and the ball just fucking died and of course Edmonds has to own me >_<

:lol :lol :lol

I was thinking "OMG OMG, NOT GONNA GET THERE" and he got close, and I remembered there some kind of diving animation button, and I hit some shoulder buttons, CAUGHT! And Edmonds did a barrel roll into the wall...wait...Matrix's guy from 1B is halfway to 3RD! THROW TO 1ST! CUTOFF MAN...HE'S OUT AT 1ST!!!!~!~! CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN!....err, Cardinals!

Matrix

Lonestar said:
:lol :lol :lol

I was thinking "OMG OMG, NOT GONNA GET THERE" and he got close, and I remembered there some kind of diving animation button, and I hit some shoulder buttons, CAUGHT! And Edmonds did a barrel roll into the wall...wait...Matrix's guy from 1B is halfway to 3RD! THROW TO 1ST! CUTOFF MAN...HE'S OUT AT 1ST!!!!~!~! CUBS WIN, CUBS WIN!....err, Cardinals!

:lol :( I was so sure it was a hit I just starting speeding across the bases,as soon as you caught it I knew I was fucked,fat lance wasnt going to get back to first...double pwnage.

Matrix

Birdbomb,I'm on aim now.

Just im me when you're ready to play.You want to play one,put in stats and then play another? Just let me know.

Aim is adoubledg.

Lonestar

Bob, if you want to get one game done, we need to start pretty soon, I'll need to get a few hours of sleep in!

BirdBomb

Banned
2 wild pitches in a row in lag so bad it was slow motion in top of 10th to give HOU the win.

Arroyo(sp) had a good outing...6.1IP 1ER 6K i think

Matrix

Shitty lag makes for one shitty game.

I walked 4 men and scored 3 of my 4 runs off of wild pitches to win.

WTF is going on with the servers? :\

Andokuky

Banned
Well I was connected fine for about 4 minutes in the lobby waiting DM then my game froze and now it gets stuck on "updating live roster" every time. I'm off work tonight at 9pm CST if you want to try and go some time after that.

Does this game freeze a lot for anyone else? Doesn't seem anywhere near as bad as last year though.

Matrix

I have had one freeze online after one of my games was completed,that was like the first week I got the game,havent had a freeze again online or off.

Birdbomb-

I played 3 games online today and had no lag,hopefully our games are lag free :( I'll be on aim around 9:15 pm eastern time.Just im me when you're ready to play.

damn, my series with fifty is done and now i have to wait forever for everyone else to play their week 1 series :(

i fucking completely blew the game last night again fifty. i was cruisin' with a 2-0 lead in the 6th, and then i got rocked for 7 runs in that inning. one thing that pissed me the fuck off was a line drive to the middle of the field that fell in for a hit, then im running towards the ball to pick it up and it goes under my legs, wtf :lol

THEN, i keep trying to throw fifty out on infield liners, and my guys throw so fucking slow. dont know if this has to do with ratings or what, but the next inning i got thrown out easily by his SS all the way across the field when it could have potentially gotten in as a hit. but when my guy has it from 10 feet from the bag he can't get the ball out in time. ridiculous. i won't lose to you again fifty, i got your number buddy and im going to dial it!

Top Bottom