• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB '12-'13 OffSeason OT: Magic is the New Market Inefficiency

eznark

Banned
About fucking time

White man hits home runs so you presume guilt? So racist harson.

Considering the weekly Miami rag and the NYT felt there wasn't enough evidence to print his name I'm not terribly worried that he will be disciplined.

aFIGurANT

Oh man guess who just guaranteed a non-first-round pick in fantasy baseball for the 2013 season?

0.jpg

This guy....

aFIGurANT

And suddenly all those robots that Fox shows during the WS/Sunday night football make sense, lol. I hope the Brewers and Pirates are equals again this year, it's good stuff as a Cards fan to only have to worry about one team in the division.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
For who? How many SS's can hit 20 home runs these days?
Jim Hoey.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Looks like Jack Morris is replacing Alan Ashby in the Jays radio booth.

Awful.
I'm so sorry. He's fucking terrible. Between John Gordon's senile corpse, Dan Gladden, and Jack Morris it was nearly impossible to figure out what was going on during Twins games on the radio for several years there. I won't miss having to hear this guy. Gladden still sucks, but Provus and Atteberry (when he fills in) are both great.

Boras would really settle for a 3/36? Doesn't sound like him.

It's not like Boras has to accept it. According to him, there's a "viable" market for Bourn still. The Mariners and Rangers are still supposedly in on him.

Why would MLB allow the Mets to circumvent the rules?

Their argument is that they would have had their pick protected if the Pirates hadn't have failed to sign Mark Appel. That caused the Mets to get bumped to #11, making their pick unprotected. Alderson said MLB needs to enforce the "spirit of the rule" and protect their pick.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's not like Boras has to accept it. According to him, there's a "viable" market for Bourn still. The Mariners and Rangers are still supposedly in on him.
My understanding was that the Mets would only approach MLB for a rule change once they had an agreement in place with Boras. So, if they're going to make a push based on 3/36, then they might have already gotten Boras to agree in principle.
Ask Ryan Madson about Boras settling.
That was different. Boras opted for the one year pillow contract there. He could do the same with Bourn, but a 3 year contract would be giving up on any other shots at big money down the road.

alstein

Question- would the Mets pick impact what compensation the Braves get (outside of 1 spot?)

I just don't want to see Bourn sign in Japan for $12mil/1 yr and the Braves get nothing (they lost their 1st rounder anyways due to signing Upton)

Question- would the Mets pick impact what compensation the Braves get (outside of 1 spot?)

I just don't want to see Bourn sign in Japan for $12mil/1 yr and the Braves get nothing (they lost their 1st rounder anyways due to signing Upton)
from what I understand the Braves would still get a pick in compensation round. They dont get the pick the Mets give up.

So it looks like Amazon has The Show 13 PSN+Vita for $80. Not crossbuy, but the same $20 off as last year if you buy both. I can't decide whether to get the Vita version, though. Last year was fun, but it really needs a serious graphics upgrade this year.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Looks like Jack Morris is replacing Alan Ashby in the Jays radio booth.

Awful.

I'm sad to hear that. I quite enjoy listening to the Jays broadcast on my way back home from playing baseball. This is gonna suck!

Apparently they've taken the windows out of Windows restaurant, hopefully they fully transform that area in the near future.

Tear it down and put up a couple trees, then baby you got a baseball stadium!

Top Bottom