• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread of Yawn the NL Wins Again, What Else is New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
bean breath said:
c99f4017479049f8a17a2ec8ce5d4e55-getty-104774363jl036_san_francisc.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
hqeAC.jpg

22kfC.jpg

Doytch

Rs8YY.jpg

One year in the books for our GM, the double As, the toast of the Danforth, Alex Anthopolous. How we doing?

9yWha.jpg

A studly rotation that's gonna be one of the best over the next few years. Romero and Morrow are gonna beast all over y'alls, Cecil and Marcum are gonna be a tight 3-4, and the RZE, Drabek, or someone else is gonna slot in the five spot. Maybe not next year, but best rotation in the AL E in 2012, believe.

laiYW.jpg

Tough year for the Great Big Pasty White Hope, what with injuries, but if wrist-injuries are supposed to sap power, Travis Goddamn Snider didn't get the memo. Will hit 30 HRs next year, I will draft him in every Roto league, and I will crush Cajole's pathetic dreams.

Wf3bu.jpg

But mah boi Jose Bombeasta, the Bombtits more than made up for it. Fiddy-fo, including some very memorable 90x120 sized moments.

rMcPo.jpg

Oh hey Farrell, where ya headed?

Ceayx.gif

To another set of glory years? I hear ya.

Sharp

mYm|17| said:
6 more months till baseball.................so long
Aw it's not that bad

There's AFL and Dominican League and spring training and and and bitching about FA signing

It'll be loads of fun!

Cliff Lee to da Yankees

King Felix trade next week Fuck yeah!

Lincecum in 2 years!

Nick Johnson to Seattle so Ichiro can have protection(they'll have like a 1.600 obp)

Cleveland! Lebron can bring you guys glory

Cubs! lets face it you guys like losing. Chicago is a tough city thanks to the cubs losing.

After tasting postseason glory with the Brewers two years ago, I want more, dammit! Get another worthwhile starting pitcher behind Gallardo and Wolf and I think we can take it to the house!

mYm|17|

ConradCervantes said:
After tasting postseason glory with the Brewers two years ago, I want more, dammit! Get another worthwhile starting pitcher behind Gallardo and Wolf and I think we can take it to the house!
really?.........REALLY :D

I'm still celebrating, and will continue too till next season. Hopefully we can pick up a few big bats in the off season. I feel so good right now.

Confirmed NL baseball is best baseball

XiaNaphryz

NomarTyme said:
What a complete team effort to win the World series. Congrats to the Giants.
Dodgers fans are drunk in despair if they're complimenting the Giants.

cashman

Banned
Cliff Lee: “we’re disappointed, but we’re building something special here and we expect to be back here next year.”

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
DUFFMCWALIN said:
I want it all!!! I hate being a broke college student : /
Im broke too after going to LA last weekend...but god damnit Ill suffer with no food for awhile. If there is any other gear/deals for SF world series, let me know.

Corran Horn said:
Im broke too after going to LA last weekend...but god damnit Ill suffer with no food for awhile. If there is any other gear/deals for SF world series, let me know.
Will do! I really do like that black affliction looking shirt. Choices choices

methodman

Banned
Bonds on the phone. Renteria's HR - I ran to the other side of my house screaming. I'm blown away, I'm so happy for the city, so happy for those fans, so happy for the guys. Pitching staff - these guys remind me of Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz. These three and then Bumgarner, too. They've got four. Giants are going to win it again, no doubt about it with this staff. Buster has a gift. Buster can hit. You can see it in his demeanor. He knows what he's doing. Great thing, is he's behind the plate with a young corps of pitchers, with a little seasoning now.

still love you barry!! <3

Corran Horn

methodman said:
Bonds on the phone. Renteria's HR - I ran to the other side of my house screaming. I'm blown away, I'm so happy for the city, so happy for those fans, so happy for the guys. Pitching staff - these guys remind me of Maddox, Glavine, Smoltz. These three and then Bumgarner, too. They've got four. Giants are going to win it again, no doubt about it with this staff. Buster has a gift. Buster can hit. You can see it in his demeanor. He knows what he's doing. Great thing, is he's behind the plate with a young corps of pitchers, with a little seasoning now.

I been recording all of this stuff on my HD PVR Box. Got 9th inning plus the post game on Fox. Got like the last 2 hours so far from CSN (after Fox ended their coverage). Dont know why but it is nice to have.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Mariners are tied for first! Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I know my Seattle brethrenlike Jakncoke are happy about this!

I couldn't care less about baseball.

NomarTyme

methodman said:

Barry is a fucking different guy. I saw when he was introduce during the playoff he was giddy like a school girl.

methodman

Banned
NomarTyme said:
Barry is a fucking different guy. I saw when he was introduce during the playoff he was giddy like a school girl.

here's some more

He's had conversations with the Giants about working with the club, to do something in some fashion - never said be the hitting coach. I can hit, I have a gift and I want to share that gift. But I want to wait until things - the court case - are behind me. He would like the opportunity to come back at the right time.

He has spoken with Newkom and speaks well of how the conversations have gone.

Corran Horn

methodman said:
here's some more

He's had conversations with the Giants about working with the club, to do something in some fashion - never said be the hitting coach. I can hit, I have a gift and I want to share that gift. But I want to wait until things - the court case - are behind me. He would like the opportunity to come back at the right time.

He has spoken with Newkom and speaks well of how the conversations have gone.
The only road block will be Sabean. They need to talk or figure something out between those two.

bigosc2k

Banned
Corran Horn said:
Parade on Wednesday. So who is going! Im going to try and ditch class to go.
I'm getting up at 5:30 to get a good spot at the end of the parade, also I live in Palo Alto so there is a reason for getting up early.

XiaNaphryz

This past season's events had to have been due to the baseball gods. How else can you explain all the little things that had to go the Giants way?

1Slw9.jpg

mSGeZ.jpg

sign Jeter (with eventual move, ASAP)
sign Mariano, build his monument.
DFA Burnett
DFA Girardi (damn!!)
sign one of the Molina brothers to be catcher, with Montero or Romine being back-up.
when is Nunez ready? does he have a chance to be another Cano?

Yes Giants!! What a season. Hard to sit here and reflect on it right now but I might as well try. I had been living overseas for 2007 and 08 so I had been out of the baseball loop until 2009 when I got back home and back into the Giants. Last year I had a lot of fun with the team but obviously the season ended in missing the playoffs and disappointment. This year I was ready for the season starting with obsessive listening to KNBR starting during the preseason. I thought they had a great chance to win the West but wasn't sure they'd actually have the offense to get it done. That leads to me watching or listening to about 95% of the games this year and never have I been on the edge of my seat with a team so much. The team really never gave up all year, they scratched and fought for almost every win. They didn't really have many easy wins all year (until the World Series strangely enough). Coming into the season I didn't know what to expect, I remember everybody on KNBR bagging on the Aubrey Huff signing, complaining about how Sabean was bringing in another washed up older player and what the hell could he be thinking? Didn't he learn his lesson from Renteria and Rowand? Turns out that was the biggest signing of the offseason by any team. Yes I really believe that. Huff really set the tone for the team, both the personality of the team and the way they played the game. I really don't think they would have won the West and made it to the postseason without him. It is hard to believe that the season is over but I think we have got as good a chance as anyone to come back and win it again next year with the rotation we have coming back. Easily the best rotation in baseball. Hands down.

This year I attended three of the best games that I have ever seen in person. I was at the Mets game when the Giants won it but Phil Cuzzi blew the call at the plate. I was at Game 2 of the NLDS with the Braves comeback and Ankiel blast (disappointing but still an amazing experience). And I was at Game 4 versus the Phillies which was easily the best baseball game I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing in person. I wish I could have made it to a World Series game as well but it just didn't work out.

I've been a fan since I was a baby, my dad used to take me to the 'Stick a few times each year growing up and some of those pictures of me in my Will the Thrill shirt are my favorite images of my childhood. It is a great feeling finally winning. I feel so happy for all the Giants fans that have had to endure 30,40,50 years of torture with this team. It is so sweet for me and I've only put up with it for the 25 years of my life. I don't know what else to say except April can't come soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom