• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread of Yawn the NL Wins Again, What Else is New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

I hope the Yankees sign Edgar Rentaria at SS.

lvEyC.gif

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Is conrad still alive? shame.

sigh The Braves would have probably won that series with Prado, Chipper, Wagner, Saito, Jurrjens, Medlen..who am I missing? Anyway. We picked a pefect time to stop paying the Medical Staff.

Windu

Jon said:
:lol What will the Braves infield look like next year?

I know what your outfield will look like...with Werth in CF
Chipper, Gonzo, Prado, Freeman. And there is no way we sign Werth.

Jon

Windu said:
Chipper, Gonzo, Prado, Freeman. And there is no way we sign Werth.

I know I'll probably be wrong, but it just seems like a perfect fit for Atlanta...and Wren has opened up the checkbook before...it's not usually his move, but it seems so right this time.

Also, you're moving the all-star back to the utility role? I think he'll switch with Prado.

bigosc2k

Banned
I know I'm really late to post this, but it was so awesome at the bar and when that last strike came through it went fucking nuts, I had like 7 different people hug me in celebration for the win, I was trying to record the moment when that last strike came through and well my video came out blurry when the patrons when I was getting hugged.

Windu

Jon said:
I know I'll probably be wrong, but it just seems like a perfect fit for Atlanta...and Wren has opened up the checkbook before...it's not usually his move, but it seems so right this time.

Also, you're moving the all-star back to the utility role? I think he'll switch with Prado.
Infante is not a starter. It certainly showed down the stretch.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Jon said:
Sarcasm? Infante draws less walks than Jeff Francoeur. Jeff. Francoeur. With less power too.

Prado is like the 3rd or 4th best all around 2B in the NL.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
You can blame Francouer for all of this:

Good call by Jeff Francouer. He said after seeing the Giants beat his Mets three out of four after the All-Star break while yielding just eight runs, "That team has got a shot to be in the World Series." The Giants were in third place at the time, 4½ games out

Sharp

XiaNaphryz said:
You can blame Francouer for all of this:
I wonder who will win the Francoeur sweepstakes? This is important. I kind of hope it is the Natinals just so I can go from thinking next year will be a total disaster to knowing it.

jakncoke

Banned
I wonder if they'll ever be a franchise(any sport really) so fucked up that they string up a longer streak of sub .500 seasons. I wonder ours will finally end :lol . Also fuck you to those that last year said Pirates would at least finish ahead of Houston in the division :lol

gimmmick

If the giants won it in 2010, it's only fair the A's win it next year! :lol

The few, the proud, the fans of the Oakland Athletics.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
gimmmick said:
If the giants won it in 2010, it's only fair the A's win it next year! :lol

The few, the proud, the fans of the Oakland Athletics.

You think your due??? have we all forgotten the Cubs??? yeah thats what i thought...the dang giants moved from one coast to another, started an all new drought and still won one before the cubs...

eznark

Banned
I like the OP because the Cubs don't exist.

I have also decided that I want the Brewers to sign Bobby V because it is the only way they will get any press for the next 4 months.

COME BACK BASEBALL, WE LOVE YOU

Cliff Lee is gonna call Kobe to get his jewelers number. That 1 million dollar ring made Kobes wife forget quickly, maybe it has the same effect on Lee's wife :lol

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Washington doesn't count, I don't know why they keep looping them in with the Senators.
It's actually correct - the Expos were founded in 69.

Sharp

Stupid fucking fans took away Zimmerman's clearly deserved 3B award and gave it to Longoria.

Also... I don't know if there are any actual Expos fans here on GAF, but the organization has distanced itself from treating that team's past as the Nationals'. So I'm still not sure I like the chart. It does kind of feel right for the Nats to have the second-longest pennant drought though I guess.

evil solrac v3.0 said:
sign Jeter (with eventual move, ASAP)
sign Mariano, build his monument.
DFA Burnett
DFA Girardi (damn!!)
sign one of the Molina brothers to be catcher, with Montero or Romine being back-up.
when is Nunez ready? does he have a chance to be another Cano?

This, except:

- Girardi's back (FUCK YEAH)
- DFA Cervelli, bring up Romine, sign a Molina to teach him along with Posada
- Burnett can't be DFAed; get a top-flight pitching coach who will break down and rebuild his motion (and force him to throw a third pitch).
- Nunez needs more seasoning before he can take over for Jeter.
- Jeter to third, A-Rod to DH, Nunez to SS

Then we sign Lee, destroy the majors and avenge the AL.

[EDIT: I'm surprised Nick Swisher isn't on that RF list, even just for one vote. He was a pretty good fielder in RF - and the Yankee OF as a whole was very good defensively!]

Sharp

XiaNaphryz said:
Scott Rolen is the people's choice obviously.
I blame the Nats for playing like shit so no one actually saw him play.
mYm|17| said:
how the fuck did Carl Crawford lose out to Brett Gardner
Brett Gardner was scary good in LF this season, at least by UZR. I imagine that over the course of three years Crawford would be the better defensive player though.

Wickerman

Mike & The Maddog reuniting?

Congratulations for the San Francisco Giants World Series win will be bestowed upon SIRIUS' Chris Mad Dog Russo today by none other than the Sports Pope, Mike Francesa.

A WFAN board op tells us that the plan is to have Russo on with Mike in the first hour (aim is for the first 15 minutes) but that is subject to change.

There will be much laughter.

Wickerman said:

FUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YESFUCK YES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom