• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2010-2011 Offseason Thread of Yawn the NL Wins Again, What Else is New?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doytch

mYm|17| said:
Damn Orioles, Jedi Friedman could not work his magic

Brignac is really good defensively and good offensively. He really needs to cut down on trying to hit homers every time with that huge uppercut swing.
He will be a stud when he gets to play every day
Yeah I really like him. I wanted to pick him up frequently in fantasy, but the inconsistent PT stopped me. Also has a bit of speed, could take 10 under Maddon if he plays regularly.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jubs said:
Braves get Sherrill? Doesn't he, like, suck? I recall a lot of Doyers fans bitching about his shittiness.

if you use him like Rhodes.. against lefties only.. then he is pretty good.. Torre isn't the best bellpen manager in the world..

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Apparently the Rays got a couple of pitching prospects for Bartlett...

... and the Marlins tried to negotiate a 3-team trade that would land them Greinke. Points for trying but, fuck the Marlins.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
evil solrac v3.0 said:
I'd say so, but you still got 24 other problems to fix in the organization. baby steps, baby steps....

I got 24 problems but a Hawpe ain't one..

bluemax

Banned
Rodeo Clown said:
Tampa wanted Reimold in the deal, but the Orioles didn't want to part with him.

Reimold ended up as my best player when I managed the Orioles in Baseball Mogul a few years ago.

Brewers are dining with Pavano tonight, his agent says talks are "serious," and Melvin has hinted he's looking for a deal.

I'm guessing it'll take three years.

Hello, Jeff Suppan #2.

Celsior

The Frankman said:
didn't they lose Tejada/about to lose Ludwick? They're not going to have any offense AGAIN.
Bartlett would replace Tejada and Ludwick wouldn't be much of a lose.
The team could of gotten a power hitting RF to protect A-Gon and they would be in very good shape.

eznark

Banned
tyguy20204 said:
Brewers are dining with Pavano tonight, his agent says talks are "serious," and Melvin has hinted he's looking for a deal.

I'm guessing it'll take three years.

Hello, Jeff Suppan #2.

3 years $36 million is the rumored offer

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
eznark said:
3 years $36 million is the rumored offer
Hope he takes it. I would not be heartbroken. He'll eat a ton of innings, and he gets up for big games. I enjoyed watching him pitch. I just don't want the Twins to have to make that contract risk. He & Axford can share mustache grooming tips.

I know Yankees fans are bitter and have every right to be. But you have to really admire Carl Pavano for sticking around and rebuilding his career. He could have easily taken Steinbrenner's $40 million and gone home forever after that disaster in The Bronx. But he didn't.

I really admire Pavano and Mike Hampton for trying their best to stick around and contribute after disappointing a lot of people during a big money contract.

Doytch

Ninja Scooter said:
for some reason I get the feeling whoever signs Cliff Lee is getting Kevin Brown to the Dodgers all over again.
I'm pretty sure this is what's gonna happen. Four great years, and three years of mediocrity while cashing $20mil cheques.

Mets-age: Why wasn't Elvin Ramirez protected by the Mets from the Rule 5 draft?

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
AnEternalEnigma said:
I know Yankees fans are bitter and have every right to be. But you have to really admire Carl Pavano for sticking around and rebuilding his career. He could have easily taken Steinbrenner's $40 million and gone home forever after that disaster in The Bronx. But he didn't.

I really admire Pavano and Mike Hampton for trying their best to stick around and contribute after disappointing a lot of people during a big money contract.
I was not real wild about the move to get Pavano, but the guy was nothing but solid for the Twins. He pitched will, he ate a ton of innings, he was a great guy in the clubhouse, the team loved him. Pretty much everything you want out of a veteran pitcher. His skills should age well. I just really, really don't think he's a good fit for the Twins now.

Celsior

Cashman says he holds no ill will towards Pravano since all his injuries actual existed and he always tried hard to get back.
But it shows you how bad he was for the Yanks that Burnett has given more to the Yanks in 1 year then he ever did.

Sanjuro

Carlos Beltran and 1877KARSFORKIDS.

wLgKq.jpg

Two things that sound like shit?

PeteAbe Pete Abraham
by JimBowdenXMFOX
Source: The Red Sox have a seven-year, $142 million deal done with Carl Crawford.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Jon

6 years for 140 from the Yankees. That's a solid offer. I can't imagine Lee signing somewhere else.

Ridiculous money for Crawford...Sox are going to be BEASTS.

Yeah man, Sox are going to have a ridiculous line-up. Magnificent, godly lineup.

Pitching, we'll see. Lackey and Beckett have to rebound.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Makes sense I guess.

What was that thing Rob Neyer was saying about bad contracts not setting markets?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Cliff Lee has a 99.9% chance of becoming a Yankee now, no way they don't sign him after the Red Sox did all this plus all of the other top FAs being gone.

jman2050

Sox get a good player though I'm skeptical how his skillset will age going forward.

This is a terrible terrible contract though. Yankees-esque.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Frankman said:
HEY NOW YOU SHUT UP AND START JORDAN SCHAFER AND LIKE IT.
pfft, the alien will most likely start for Gwinnett, Mclouth will be our CFer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom