• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2016-2017 Offseason |OT| At Least Next Year is an Odd Numbered Year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Joe Morgan went away I was so happy. Finally the world was rid of "dead red" and "everyone on the 75 Reds was a god" was gone. Reynolds isn't worse than Joe Morgan, but dammit if he isn't right up there on the terrible scale.

There are so many great color people out there now, why this guy? Why does MLB Network put him front and center? He's not funny, clever or particularly charismatic.

Why not Sean Casey? Or Eric Byrnes, Mark DeRosa, Cliff Floyd, Mike Lowell, Carlos Pena, Dave Valle, Bill Ripken? Any of these guys are on the network and would be better.

My brain is going to be stabbed by the voice of Harold Reynolds for hundreds more hours?

2017 is the worst.

Choomp

Banned
Oh god, HR is in The Show? Yeesh. At least Plesac is there too, he's cool. I'm imagining the dream team of DeRosa, Vasgersian, and Plesac for the game, would be too perfect.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Matt Vasgersian returns for main commentating duties in MLB The Show 17.

Everyone's favorite dumbass Harold Reynolds and Dan Plesac make up the new side duo.
Wonder if that was suntrust park in the middle (@1:09) Showed Kemp with the braves home jersey. Although the backing behind the plate was green padding, i think the park has brick. Anyway, during their last twitch stream they said suntrust park was just completed in the game so we should be seeing it soon i guess.

Edit: reading on operation sports, sounds like these gamespot videos are builds about two weeks old. So maybe its not suntrust.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Anthony DiComo @AnthonyDiComo

Michael Conforto's "ROTFLMAO You're Not Gonna Leave Me off the Team" campaign continues with an assist. Guns down Justin Bour at the plate.

Is Bruce even trying?

Don't forget that you can mute individual commentators.

It sounds stupid, but if HR is getting on your nerves, you can easily shut him up.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Rhett Bollinger‏ @RhettBollinger

Twins now down 18-0 to the Rays in the eighth. Twins still haven't had a baserunner.

Twins training extra hard to ensure they will be in the cellar again next year.

Parch

Last year Hazel Mae got famous for predicting the JA Happ breakthrough. This year her Blue Jay X-factor rhymes with Bustin Bloke.

I hope she already renegotiated her contract.

Beckx

Last year Hazel Mae got famous for predicting the JA Happ breakthrough. This year her Blue Jay X-factor rhymes with Bustin Bloke.

I hope she already renegotiated her contract.

you can get famous for seeing who gets the Searage magic?

I'm alright with Reynolds and Plesac in the game booth. MLB The Show's commentary is so stale, it'll be nice just to hear new voices saying the same shit.

Eric Karros and Steve Lyons are insomniac cures.

They need to get Gary Thorne though. Him being in the later 2K baseball games was the only good thing about them.

So for those interested: Sportsnet will be airing the WBC this year. Will be on main channel and SN ONE.

I hate myself for not knowing this before just now. Jesus.

Yeah, I just mute commentators and put my own music on via Spotify.

BFIB

Those hipster bars in Brooklyn don't know what baseball is.
hipster-alex-rodriguez.jpg

I will let the headline speak for itself:

Jose Abreu testifies he ate fake passport on way to US to cover up his part in smuggling operation

Chicago White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu told a Miami federal jury Wednesday that he ate a chunk of a fake passport while flying to the U.S. to cover up his illegal travel as part of a Cuban ballplayer smuggling operation.

Abreu testified that he ordered a beer on an Air France flight from Haiti to Miami and slowly consumed the page containing a false name and his photo. Abreu said he traveled illegally because he was worried he would miss an October 2013 deadline and lose the $68 million contract he later signed with Chicago.

"If I had not been there on that particular day, the deadline, then the contract would not be executed and would no longer be valid," Abreu told jurors. "We had to be in Chicago to sign the contract."

The testimony came in the trial of Florida-based sports agent Bartolo Hernandez and baseball trainer Julio Estrada, who are accused of alien smuggling and conspiracy. They allegedly operated a ring that took Cuban players from the communist-governed island to third countries where they could sign lucrative Major League Baseball contracts once they established residency.

BFIB

Cards are going to have to make a decision on Yadi. On the one hand, I'd love to see him retire a Cardinal, but giving him a 5 year deal would be crazy. Especially with Kelley all but assured to be ready to take the reigns in a few years.

Cards are going to have to make a decision on Yadi. On the one hand, I'd love to see him retire a Cardinal, but giving him a 5 year deal would be crazy. Especially with Kelley all but assured to be ready to take the reigns in a few years.

He wants 5 years? No chance

I'd maybe do 3

I haven't actually seen a 5 year deal, just bringing that up as a scenario. 3 would be better, but I also don't want him taking playtime away from Kelley. This needs to be a Matheny/Yadi type transition.

It's tough because Yadi is way more important to the organization than Matheny was. It would sting to see him end his career with another organization, even if it was for the best because he wanted a long and/or expensive contract

It's also tough because you know he's going to want to start the vast majority of the time

BFIB

It's tough because Yadi is way more important to the organization than Matheny was. It would sting to see him end his career with another organization, even if it was for the best because he wanted a long and/or expensive contract

It's also tough because you know he's going to want to start the vast majority of the time

Plus, knowing Matheny, he'd put him out there until he became a detriment to the team which would force the GM's hand.

Its going to be interesting, the Cards do have an option (mutual), but if the Cards envision another deal, they should get it done prior to the end of this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom