• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToxicAdam

Here's some early Over/Under's on MLB win totals

Arizona Diamondbacks 84 ½
Atlanta Braves 85 ½
Baltimore Orioles 71
Boston Red Sox 87 ½
Chicago Cubs 73 ½
Chicago White Sox 77 ½
Cincinnati Reds 87
Cleveland Indians 75 ½
Colorado Rockies 81 ½
Detroit Tigers 94
Houston Astros 62 ½
Kansas City Royals 78 ½ (-119 under)
Los Angeles Angels 89 ½ (-125 over)
Los Angeles Dodgers 81 ½ (-125 under)
Miami Marlins 82 ½ (-130 over)
Milwaukee Brewers 81 ½
Minnesota Twins 74
New York Mets 74 ½ (-125 over)
New York Yankees 93
Oakland A’s 73
Philadelphia Phillies 95 ½
Pittsburgh Pirates 73
San Diego Padres 70 ½ (-128 under)
San Francisco Giants 87 ½ (-120 under)
Seattle Mariners 72 ½ (-125 under)
St. Louis Cardinals 87
Tampa Bay Rays 87 ½ (-122 over)
Texas Rangers 94 (-126 over)
Toronto Blue Jays 81 ½ (-124 under)
Washington Nationals 81 (-120 under)

http://beyondthebets.com/2012/02/19...k-to-release-win-totals-for-all-30-mlb-teams/

image.jpg

Where did half of CC go?

eznark

Banned
K-Rod didn't report to Brewers camp. :lol

This is why I have a problem with you just c/p'ing stuff and not linking or saying where you got it. Is there more to the story? Where did you find this?

You do this all the damn time, man!

Like I said, last thing I read is that his absence was requested from and granted by the organization.

bryehn

Quiet, you.

I'm actually not even sure if betting on sports in the States is legal...is this country so ass-backwards?

I'm a pretty avid sports bettor, but from what I gather from forums, etc is that online betting is very, uhm...over-regulated in the US and it's tough to find a book that takes US customers. Technically, even providing info on off-shore books is illegal in most states, but as I'm in Ontario, I'd suggest bovada.lv (used to be bodog), pinnacle or sports interaction. I *think* they take US customers.

eznark

Banned
As soon as Bush passed the bill that allowed the feds to go after the banks that worked with sites like bodog, I cashed out.

And Votto is probably bolting soon. It's this year or bust!

Don't remind me. Then again, Votto will be over 30 when he leaves in 2 years, it might not be a bad idea to cut bait by that point, if you consider historically how most players decline after the 30th birthday. Anyway, that's what Redreporter told me to make me feel better.

Tedesco!

Don't remind me. Then again, Votto will be over 30 when he leaves in 2 years, it might not be a bad idea to cut bait by that point, if you consider historically how most players decline after the 30th birthday. Anyway, that's what Redreporter told me to make me feel better.

There's always... Bruce?

Meohsix

"It was fun the first couple of years. Then it got like, I'm never going to get out of this funk,"

"I let a few too many people tinker with me, maybe," Burnett said. "When you let that happen, you start doubting yourself sometimes. You wonder, 'Am I doing it right? Is this how it's supposed to feel?' and things like that. In '09, nobody messed with me. I was able to do what I wanted to do on the mound, whether it was turn around, close my eyes and pitch upside down. Then you have a few bad games and you start changing and listening."

"It's going to be a fresh start," Burnett said. "It's going to be fun. I'm going back to the National League, where I can hit and bunt and get the joy back into the game."
http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/s...nett-says-let-too-many-people-tinker-new-york

Yankees sucking the fun out of baseball, one bad pitcher at a time.

Don't worry, you can always slot Alonzo there.

oh yeah.........

Look, you should know this better than anybody that you can't be a revolving door for talent when you are a small market team. You gotta strike while the iron's hot. They gave a lot up for Latos, but he could be the piece the Reds need to get to the NLCS. I can't stand another 2 decades of sub-mediocrity.

eznark

Banned
Look, you should know this better than anybody that you can't be a revolving door for talent when you are a small market team. You gotta strike while the iron's hot. They gave a lot up for Latos, but he could be the piece the Reds need to get to the NLCS. I can't stand another 2 decades of sub-mediocrity.

That doesn't make for good snarky one liners

That doesn't make for good snarky one liners

Good point.

If you notice, I have tempered expectations. I fully expect to never see another championship in my lifetime, in any sport. Reaching the NLCS would be probably the most I could expect. I'd be happy with that.

eznark

Banned
Good point.

If you notice, I have tempered expectations. I fully expect to never see another championship in my lifetime, in any sport. Reaching the NLCS would be probably the most I could expect. I'd be happy with that.

Blue Jackets are on the rise! (Hell of a game last night)

h3ro

AJ Burnett said:
"I let a few too many people tinker with me, maybe," Burnett said. "When you let that happen, you start doubting yourself sometimes. You wonder, 'Am I doing it right? Is this how it's supposed to feel?' and things like that.

lol

RBH

Manny Ramirez told ESPN's Pedro Gomez on Monday that he has agreed to a deal with the Oakland Athletics.

Sources tell Gomez the deal is worth about $500,000. Ramirez is obligated to serve a 50-game suspension without pay before beginning play for the A's due to violating baseball's drug policy for the second time. With no rainouts, the first game Ramirez would be eligible to play is June 2 at Kansas City.

The A's recently agreed to terms on a $36 million, four-year contract with highly sought after outfielder Yoenis Cespedes, a Cuban defector who has expressed interest in playing with Ramirez.

At baseball's winter meetings in December, it was announced that Ramirez had applied for reinstatement. He had his suspension for a second failed drug test cut to 50 because he sat out nearly all of last season. MLB had announced his retirement April 8, saying he was notified "of an issue" under the drug program.

Ramirez, who will be 40 on May 30, ranks 14th on the career list with 555 home runs. He went 1 for 17 (.059) in five games last season for Tampa Bay, which had signed him to a one-year deal worth $2.02 million.

This would be the 20th major league season for Ramirez, a career .312 hitter with 1,831 RBIs. Oakland, which traded away its top three pitchers this offseason including two starters, could use a power bat in the middle of the order in a tough AL West that already has seen the key additions of Albert Pujols on the Los Angeles Angels and star Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish for the two-time reigning AL champion Texas Rangers.

The A's haven't reached the playoffs or had a winning season since being swept by the Tigers in the 2006 AL championship series.
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7594873/manny-ramirez-agrees-deal-oakland-as

Manny%20Ramirez%20120112.jpg

If you had hope in this guy:
TLb3j.jpg

it's on you.

I don't know how a team can be so fucking poor up and down its entire roster, system included. Depressing.

I wasn't alone putting hope in that guy. He had a monster year, and the Jackets were in the playoffs. The person I feel sorry for is Rick Nash. He was far too good to die on this team. Hope they can do a little Latos fleecing of their own and get some decent value out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom